Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Liliane
Newbie August 2019 Rwanda

Never been so scared

Liliane, on August 13, 2018 at 00:09 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 8

Am not getting cold feet. There is just too much to do that i don't know where to start. I feel like i dint see all this or even get ready for it. Am ready to be married and to start a family but can't seam to go through the path to get there. If i skipped all the steps and went straight to the point i would be called an out cast by my family and banished. some times i don't get cultures but again, one doesn't chose these kind of things. Any way, the point am getting to is, i need just encouragement and some one to just say, Liliane, start with this....

8 Comments

Latest activity by Marcia, on August 13, 2018 at 15:01
  • Marcia
    Super August 2018 Manitoba
    Marcia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hey Liliane! I definitely feel you on that, it can be a bit overwhelming when you start, especially with the pressures of African culture and weddings. My best advice would be to first breath and relax, find a hobby that you love to do that can help you destress. Start planning as early as possible, and try to get a lot of details done, sooner then later so that you can enjoy the last couple months (its get really stressful and hectic). Start by looking for a venue, and get your feet wet by meeting with a couple vendors. Smiley smile. Everything will be fine, won't be easy but you will have a beautiful wedding. Smiley heart

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Liliane!

I think most brides feel overwhelmed at some point during the planning process! The other brides have given some great advice. I would add to it: ask for help! If you don't know, ask. If you want help, ask! One of the greatest things I did was to entrust people close to me with certain tasks when they offered. My sister-in-law offered to make the bouquets so I told her the colours and she chose the flowers. My brother was the MC and we gave him a few times, but other than that, he planned the reception order and times. I told my MIL my idea for centrepieces and she ended up doing most of the work! If you can pass on some of your to-do list to someone else you trust, it will make your life, and your planning, a little easier!

• Angel
    Frequent user June 2019 British Columbia
    Angel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My advice to you is to start early. When you start planning early, there will be less pressure as you have more time to do research and shop around for the best price and you can also spread out your to-do list so it is not so overwhelming. Like Bianca said, work through a checklist and set a timeline so you are focused on getting specific tasks done and achieving these little milestones will make you feel good. Most important of all is your attitude! If you tell yourself it is scary, it WILL be scary! Have fun with it! When everything comes together on your big day, you're going to look back and think it was worth all the hard work!

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hey Liliane! I was in your shoes a little while ago, where the thought of planning a wedding was just daunting to me. I took it one step at a time and found things online like timelines of when things should get done, researched vendors, set my budget, and spent hours looking at inspiration for all aspects of my wedding.

It's a shame that you feel pressured into hosting a more culturally traditional wedding, but that doesn't mean you have to do everything to a T. I've been to several weddings that skipped a lot of things (décor, cake, bridal party), and they were still amazing! Everything will be okay! You know your Wedding Wire family will always be here for support Smiley smile

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Just start with the venue and get your inspiration for decor concept and style. Don't fall for higher prices with the word "wedding". Anniversary will save you less and help you stay on budget for your day.

Avoid purchases that will sit after the day to resell unless its gping to be give aways to guests. Real flowers will cost lots. Think about renting centrerpieces/flowers rental and see if that will save you more money as well as other items overall.

I did end up renting and backdrop too diy. Money box was less than what i saw online on amazon site.

You will accomplish everything in time once you secure the date, venue and guest list.

Invotations on vistaprint will save you by alerting you on savings sitewide.
  • Liliane
    Liliane ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Congrats to your wedding Kaye. I wish you the best in your up coming future with the one you have chosen to spend the rest of your life with. May you both be blessed. And again, thank you for your advise.

• Liliane
    Liliane ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Thank you Kaye

• Kaye
    Frequent user September 2018 Ontario
    Kaye ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I understand because Ive felt the same way during my 9 month engagement. Just take it one day at a time
    What you dont get done today can always get done tomorrow. Try not to let people pressure you into mover faster than youre able. Lean on your partner and know that theyre worth it

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics