Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Natalia
Curious August 2018 Ontario

Need decor rental/buy recommendations!

Natalia, on February 1, 2018 at 11:51 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 17

Hey ladies,

I'm really struggling to find affordable decor items for my wedding! Smiley sad Problem is, my wedding is tiny (14 people total), so all we have is one large table, a cake table and the isle mirror.

I wanted to originally get just a few things, but most rental places have a minimum spend and for my needs it's just too expensive and unnecessary.

I was hoping to get either:

1. Brass/gold candlesticks (x8) OR

2. Brass/gold large candleholders

3. Gold mirror on a stand (x1)

4. Gold/Glass plate chargers - lord almighty I need these T__T but everywhere I look they are so expensive! (x14)

5. Brass/Gold/Stone vases for med-large centerpieces (x3)

Need decor rental/buy recommendations! 1

Need decor rental/buy recommendations! 2

Need decor rental/buy recommendations! 3

I'm okay with buying stuff and just having it for home events later, but I can't find anything! The most I want to spend is $350 on all the above, but the plate chargers alone online are up at $250 plus delivery.

Have any of you DIY'd the above? My last hope right now is going to Value Village and maybe spray painting candlesticks.

17 Comments

Latest activity by Emily, on February 3, 2018 at 14:34
  • Emily
    Beginner May 2018 Ontario
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

A lot of Facebook buy and sell sites or specific wedding buy and sell sites have the items you are looking for. I actually rent out decor at about 1/3 to 1/2 the price compared to buying new so that is also a good option if you can find some home-based starter businesses. If you were closer, I would have loved to help you out!! Best of luck finding those items and you wedding will be truly beautiful Smiley smile

• Natalia
    Natalia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks doll! I'm browsing through the above mentioned sites right now! Cheers!

• Rebecca
    Frequent user October 2018 Ontario
    Rebecca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Take a look at Canexcel and Canpol. They sell great wedding items at a lower price. Both are in the Mississauga area, but take a look a their website.. I’m sure you will find something you like Smiley smile
    also yes, kijiji has been amazing for me too!
  • Natalia
    Natalia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I didn't know Facebook had a marketplace until you mentioned it! I already contacted a lady to get charger plates tomorrow, you're my saviour 😙
  • Natalia
    Natalia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That's amazing! Your wedding will look fab! The candlesticks add that vintage flair which is so lively! I'll have to try the same!
  • Natalia
    Natalia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    You are a goddess!! I forgot Kijiji existed to be honest! I'll have a search!
  • Jackie
    Devoted April 2019 Ontario
    Jackie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    You live about a half hour from me. So in our area I just goggled: where to find used wedding decorations
    kijji is one place. See attached photos. Smiley smile

Need decor rental/buy recommendations! 4

Need decor rental/buy recommendations! 5
  • Courtney
    Super July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I just had a bit of luck from our local Value Village. Found some old school candle holders that have the little handles on them. They'll be cute and cost me $2.

The other place I had a lot of success was from Facebook buy/sell. You can always post on there what you're looking for and people will let you know if they're selling.

• Lina
    Frequent user May 2018 Alberta
    Lina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

You welcome. I know that I have found lots of gold toned candle sticks at Goodwill, also try HomeSense if it's decor you may want to keep.

• Natalia
    Natalia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I've never searched through Goodwill to be honest, but I'll definitely give it a try! You never know! Thank you!

• Natalia
    Natalia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Etsy ended up giving me insane shipping costs, and Amazon was my first place I looked. I haven't tried Michaels though! I'll have to go look! Thanks!

• Lina
    Frequent user May 2018 Alberta
    Lina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Look at Goodwill for the candle sticks, I know we get tons at my local Goodwill. Also dollar stores. You will be amazed at what you can fine. I found bird cages for $4, and I've seen gold colored charger plates there to.

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Michael's has tons of stuff and sales role around often. Also check your local buy/sell wedding decor groups on Facebook.

• Stephanie
    Frequent user May 2018 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Michaels has gold charters for like 2 bucks, they have a lot of other decorations too! also try etsy, ebay, amazon. they wouldn't have a minimum purchase either.

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You can also check out wedding buy and sells on Facebook--I've found a few things that are cheaper there than brand new.

If you're not scared of DIY, definitely check thrift stores for candlesticks, even a mirror. Or, clearance sections at stores like Michaels, Winners

• Natalia
    Natalia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yeah I think that's my best bet right now! It's insane how expensive vendors can get. I'll go hunting for stuff at Homesense and Value Village next. Thanks!

• Christina
    Frequent user August 2023 Ontario
    Christina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hello, I was going to say I would buy the items and spray paint the gold colour you want. Save you ton of money

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics