Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Lynnie
WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina

My way or the highway!!

Lynnie, on August 7, 2018 at 12:40 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 16

While compromise is important in every marriage, there are also some non-negotiables that every couples brings to wedding planning! What aspects of your wedding are you considering non-negotiable, not up for discussion, and not willing to compromise on?

Is it where you are getting married? Your first dance song? Your reception menu? Including your pets in the wedding?

My way or the highway!! 1

Photo by Keemera in Edmonton

giphy.gif

16 Comments

Latest activity by Kaisha, on November 23, 2018 at 00:21
  • Kaisha
    Super March 2019 Nova Scotia
    Kaisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Splurging on a photographer was non-negotiable to me.

• BunnyBride
    Super August 2334 Nova Scotia
    BunnyBride ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My FH non-negotiable: Indoor wedding. He didn't want to plan an outdoor one and indoor one plan B and deal with the added last minutes stress if mother nature didn't cooperate. (I was fine with this. To be honest, it makes sense!)

My Non-negotiable: Me getting to be fussy about the particulars of food and drink. Too many freaking allergies and dietary restrictions in the families and bridal party not to be in my opinion!

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm non-negotable about my dress. I know what I want and I'm not going to feel pressure from anyone (family or salespersons) to try on something I don't want to.

• Leah
    VIP April 2019 British Columbia
    Leah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Not willing to compromise on the date, or the location, time of day, or my dress.

I’ve had to compromise on the guestlist and the budget.

Some things are out of my control so I don’t think I’ve had to compromise, I’ve just had to accept that it’s out of my hands.
  • Melissa
    Frequent user September 2018 Quebec
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I said no to having our dog in our wedding. I would love to, but it is non-negotiable for me because we have an excitable 11 month old border collie. I didn’t think it would be fair to him, as all the people and noises might be over-stimulating.

Also, FH doesn’t see a point in having a photobooth but I wouldn’t budge on it.

We pretty much agreed on everything else, though!
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Venue and photos were mine. I knew right away I wanted the venue, which DH did as well. The photographers were the first we met with and I wanted to book them on the spot. DH wanted to look around more, so we did and he realized these photographers were the best option! His was food. Venue needed to have amazing food. Once we secured the spot, it became the poutine bar!
  • Kelly
    Curious September 2020 Ontario
    Kelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I feel like I’m non-negotiable on everything haha. But my fiancé is so open to everything that it makes it easy to have everything essentially the way I want it. I just want everything to feel and look perfect, our wedding is under 100 so we want it intimate and to just feel like everything we’ve dreamt of.
  • Kaisha
    Super March 2019 Nova Scotia
    Kaisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My only non-negotiable things were having a unique venue, I didn't want it to look like a hotel. I also wasn't very flexible on the guest list. I had to cut back somewhat but needed to invite my large family.

• S
    Frequent user January 2021 Alberta
    Sara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Only things I'd say I'm non-negotiable on are the same things he is so it's a non-issue haha

- We have to have our families and closest friends there (so no eloping, regardless of how tempting it may be at times)

- Open bar (shouldn't be an issue since we will be doing a DW at an all-inclusive)

- Sit down dinner with the reception (only other DW we have been to they didn't have a dinner and it felt kind of weird)

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We both were non-negotiable on having an open bar! My FH also is non-negotiating on having a chocolate fountain but I want one too lol. I am NOT going over 200 people for the wedding (despite my mom saying it's not me whose paying) I'm also pushing inviting my friends in lieu of my parents' if room it's getting near 200

• Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I am very open with anything! My only I MUST HAVE was my blue/purple galaxy orchids in my wedding bouquet! Fiance was fine with that and tying those colors into the rest of the wedding! I have had the most ideas wedding planning wise but if my FH makes a suggestion or wants to change something or doesnt like something I'm 100% open to make it work for us both!
  • Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think I am non-negotiable about a lot... but my FH agrees with me on a lot too...

His hill to die on was the number of groomsmen. He has 7. And it kills me... but that was his one "I will die fighting for this" moment... So now I am defending him to my family who is berating me about how weird that is (I had 4 girls, my best friend just got into grad school and has a final exam in England the day after the wedding... so now I have just 3).

• Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Having a DJ was non-negotiable for me. My FH was toying with the idea of having spotify as our DJ and I shut that down real quick. Sure, it's a good cost-effective idea but there were too many "what if?" situations for me to feel comfortable with it.

Having his younger cousins and niece/nephew attend the wedding, was non-negotiable for him. I wanted an adult-only affair, but my FH said it would create a lot of drama on his side of the family.

• Jessie
    Expert September 2018 Ontario
    Jessie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I was not willing to negotiate not having a photographer. Out of everything I want pictures to look back on and that was so important to me.

His was an open bar lol

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We were not willing to compromise on having great food at the wedding!

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

FOOD and BOOZE! Those are key to a good wedding. Must be great in my eyes.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics