Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Lucy
Frequent user July 2019 Ontario

Multiple vendors for the same thing?

Lucy, on October 13, 2018 at 10:31 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 3

I've never really been a limo person. I've always pictured having a convoy of classic or vintage cars for my wedding. The only problem is that none of the vendors in my city have more than 1 classic car in their fleet and it's cost prohibitive to bring them from a different town. So I'm thinking of hiring 1 car from two different companies to transport me and my crew to and from the ceremony. It costs about the same as hiring a limo for everyone.

For those who have used multiple vendors for something like this, how did it work out? Is it a good idea? Should I just get the limo? I figure if something goes wrong with one at least I'll still have the other car!

3 Comments

Latest activity by Stephanie, on October 14, 2018 at 18:53
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It shouldn't be a problem since neither of them have what you need. Just let them know. Maybe, when one company finds out you need two cars, they will get a second one from a neighbouring city.

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I agree with Brittany and just do the two classic cars since one company only has one in their fleet and you need two, but give them a heads up!

I know some vendors require you to work exclusively with them (i.e. a MUA I'm looking at requires that she is the only MUA that we can book) but hopefully the car companies will understand that you need both since you need two vehicles.

• Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    If you want the classic/vintage cars, get them! Maybe give them a heads up you're renting two? I don't know if wedding vendors have rules about hiring "competing" vendors. I know someone once mentioned their floral contract didn't allow them to do any other flower decorations of their own.

I would imagine it's not an issue, as it's not like you're renting 2 limos from 2 different vendors, when one could provide both... you're exhausting their resources for a specific vehicle.

Sorry that's a really long way of saying, do the cars.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics