Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Kelly
Expert September 2019 Manitoba

Mother of the Bride Attire

Kelly, on January 30, 2018 at 20:52 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 6
Suggestions on where to find Mother of the Bride attire. My mom was so happy that she didn't have to come dress shopping with me because I bought online. I actually don't think I've ever seen her in a dress or skirt in real life, only in pictures from before I was born. So thats what I'm working with. And she's kinda stressed out about what to wear. She might be down for pants and a nice top rather than a dress.

I looked on the davids bridal website, but I found it unhelpful since all the models are thin, and my mom isn't really thin so its hard to picture. Do they carry plus sizes?

I dunno. Help a sister out.

6 Comments

Latest activity by Erin, on February 1, 2018 at 11:17
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My mum actually got her dress at the bridal salon where we got mine. I would say that taking your mum to David's Bridal isn't a bad place to start. If she really isn't comfortable in a dress than a nice new suit would be awesome!

• Kelly
    Kelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks! Yeah I think we'll just have to shop around together. I completely agree that online shopping is not the way to go in this situation.

• Carol
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Carol ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Yes Davids bridal does carry plus sizes, and they are affordable also. I would suggest bringing her in, and not shoping online for someone that hasnt worn a dress in a long time. Myself and my bridesmaids are larger, and we all found something right at Davids.

• Kelly
    Kelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Unfortunately my mom isn't a shopper, and doesn't have favourite shops. Shes usually buys her clothes from costco.

• Lynnie
    WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina
    Lynnie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Honestly my mom had way more luck when she just shopped at her normal favorite places for evening gowns! The specifically advertised "Mother Of The Bride" dress sections had way less choices!

• Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Check out azazie.com. They have some nice dresses for MOTB or you can even get a bridesmaid dress as a dress for her too. And they're inexpensive.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics