Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Sarah
Expert July 2021 Ontario

Most stressful part of wedding planning?

Sarah, on May 30, 2019 at 20:33

Posted in Plan a wedding 40

I am curious as to what some of you guys find or found to be the most stressful part of planning? I got all our vendors booked except cake (doing so next spring) and florist (just deciding between two). Figuring out hair and makeup was kind of annoying. Hairstylists were already booked or charge too...
I am curious as to what some of you guys find or found to be the most stressful part of planning?

I got all our vendors booked except cake (doing so next spring) and florist (just deciding between two). Figuring out hair and makeup was kind of annoying. Hairstylists were already booked or charge too much or don’t reply to emails.. so that was stressful but I know there’s still a lot left to do.

40 Comments

• A
    Beginner July 2019 Saskatchewan
    Ashlee ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Trying to please everyone. My parents are divorced and it was really difficult as my mom doesn't get along with my dad on a good day. Its mine and my fiances day, no one elses, if they don't like it then whatever! Also waiting for rsvps have been stressful for me. We invited over the 250 mark as we knew people wouldn't be able to attend and we had a B list going on so as soon as people were rsvping, we added to our list. Gave out the invites quite far in advance and we are still waiting for people to reply (rsvps are due June 1). And now I find all the little things are just stressful. Haha.
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I saw just hair somewhere for $350 and make up $350 on top of that. No thank you!!
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Integrating two different cultures is hard.

It was basically do a destination wedding and we can get away with inviting hardly any of my FHs family, or home wedding and everyone is invited.

my grandparents are in their 90s and I absolutely couldn’t get married without them present so it was an easy decision to have a home wedding but of course with so many guests, our budget grew and my FHs family do weddings different than my family would so that has been a struggle.

we try to compromise where possible but someone is always hurt about something.
  • Loi-Marie
    Curious September 2021 Ontario
    Loi-Marie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hubby and I are just starting to reach out to venues (we technically only have one in mind as we have always wanted to get married there) but so far, I think our biggest stress is budgeting because we are paying for most, of not all, of it. It doesn’t help we are having a traditional wedding (for my culture- we decided to keep that one super small with just close family and like one friend each as our budget for that is 7k) and then then the western wedding, which had like 200+ guests but we are cutting it down to 150 and our budget is 40k (that’s not even my own dress included😩). So yeah, definitely money budgeting stress for us
  • Robyn
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Robyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am 16 days away from my wedding, so most of the planning is done by now. I'm an organized person who compulsively makes notes and organizes things, so the arranging of everything, finding vendors, etc, was all okay.

I would say the most stressful part, hands-down, was interacting with my FH's family.

For much of the process, I wanted to please everyone, so I smiled and agreed with their suggestions. Unfortunately, when I did voice my opinion, they said I was rude and disagreeable. It's been very stressful, and the friction is lasting right up til today - and, probably will continue after the wedding. It's caused fights between my FH and I, when previously we didn't ever argue, and it's actually made me dread my own wedding.

So yeah. My advice is to let everyone know very early on in the planning process that it's you and your partner's wedding, and your two opinions are the only ones that should matter.

• Sarah
    Expert July 2021 Ontario
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I should add $100 was the average. There was definitely a lot higher than that
  • Sarah
    Expert July 2021 Ontario
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That makes a lot of sense about managing other people!! We’ve been good so far but I can see that happening as well.
    I know I couldn’t believe some of the prices for hair. I’m just having mine down with loose waves so it was especially hard to try to justify spending $100 on hair alone. Luckily we found someone cheaper
  • Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I am a super organized person, so there wasn’t a lot that really stressed me out.
    Right now I find the biggest stress is managing other people. Bridal party not doing too much, listening to the drama about bridal showers etc. That’s way more stressful for me than the actual planning and meeting with vendors!
    I think planning more than a year in advance helped with vendors having our day open and eliminated a lot of stress!
    The prices for hairstylists are nuts! So I completely get your stress on that one!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics