Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Ludvis
Ontario

Morning of wedding

Ludvis, on June 15, 2018 at 20:03 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 9
We are trying to plan food options out for the morning but I’m struggling to come up ideas.
the girls are getting ready at one location and the guys at another buy we want to ensure we make it have enough to be brought to both locations. However we’re looking at both light breakfast and lunch ideas.
what did you guys do? The wedding is at 2pm but dinner isn’t until 630pm.
is muffins, croissants, and cinnamon rolls enough for breakfast? And what to do for lunch? Light sandwiches?
We have a vegan and vegetarian in the wedding party.

9 Comments

Latest activity by Bianca, on June 18, 2018 at 15:56
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Depending on what kind of fit the dresses are, consider a vegetable tray with dip, finger sandwiches, and some other things that might be non-bloating so everyone still feels comfortable in their wedding attire.

• B
    Devoted September 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    A mix of Brunch
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would say just get brunch, and then have some snacks during photos. Most weddings I've been in, we've barely eaten anything beforehand, for various reasons. And definitely need food during the photos, as it gets to be a long day!

• Tyanna
    Super June 2019 British Columbia
    Tyanna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Talk to a local cafe and ask for a tray of some baking items.. I work at a cafe that does this for couples all the time, and I also work as a hairstylist and wedding parties come in with these plates of baked goods to enjoy while they're at the salon! You won't have much time for anything more than a quick snack as you're walking past and it's great comfort foodSmiley smile
  • Jocelyn
    Expert August 2018 Ontario
    Jocelyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Lcall the Pickle Barrel Catering, let them know what you need etc and get them to help you- their catered food is delish, imo.
  • Ashleigh
    Devoted August 2018 Ontario
    Ashleigh ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We were planning on having the groomsmen make nice sandwiches for everyone (buns from.the bakery and meat from the butcher). Mind you, our wedding is much later than yours, they should have lots of time. I'd like some other ideas as well so I'll be following along in this thread.
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Crossiants, muffins, yogurts, friuts and oatmeal would work for easy meals. Deli sandwiches can be served for light lunch to fill before the ceremony.
  • E
    Expert December 2018 Ontario
    Emma ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I agree with muffins, croissants, fruit and maybe even some yougurt parfaits? You can get all those from the grocery store.

You could get sub or wrap platter. Or even pizza depending on what you guys like.

I would also make sure you have some kind of snacks for people for between the ceremony and dinner. In case anyone didn’t eat much.

If the bridal party isn’t staying with you the night before I wouldn’t worry too much about breakfast as most people would eat before they came. Maybe just a fruit tray and some tea/coffee if that’s the case.
  • Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Muffins, croissants, fruit platters, etc would be fantastic. You can order platters from Safeway or Save-On, or even Costco. If you have a fridge option, you can order sandwich platters as well at the same time, and then bring them out as needed.

Or, just do a mix of sandwiches and breakfast foods and have it all as "brunch" in the late morning, tell everyone to have a light breakfast before meeting up.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics