Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Katelyn
Frequent user August 2018 Alberta

Mixed Metal Rings - Yay or Nay?

Katelyn, on October 9, 2017 at 01:38 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 22
What are your thoughts on choosing a wedding band whose metal doesn’t match your engagement ring? I’d like to match my white gold tacori engagement ring (photo credit Courtney Jess Photography) with a rose gold tacori petit crescent. It’s also a different band style than my engagement ring. What do you all think?? If I’m switching the metal colour, should I at least match the pave pattern of my engagement ring? Or should I stick to a traditional matching metal, matching band?

Mixed Metal Rings - Yay or Nay? - 1

Mixed Metal Rings - Yay or Nay? - 2

22 Comments

Latest activity by Kaisha, on August 5, 2018 at 00:51
  • Kaisha
    Super March 2019 Nova Scotia
    Kaisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I somehow found this question which is almost a year old now so I am sure you have made a decision by now lol

• Kaisha
    Super March 2019 Nova Scotia
    Kaisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I love the contrast of mixed metals it find it really pops. You definitely just need to go with what you love though!

• Ashley
    Expert March 2018 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I love the rose gold it is so unique! It makes it more you and what you want!

I have a pear-shaped engagement ring so I am all about doing things differently!

• Katelyn
    Katelyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Such great advice, Joey! I never thought of it that way: "do what makes you happy now because you will always know it made you happy. You can't know how you'll feel about it in the future."

With the designer pricetag I'm looking at (Tacori), there will definitely be no replacing it in the future, haha!

• Jes G.
    Frequent user June 2019 Ontario
    Jes G. ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The two tone is beautiful! But to each their own, this is about what your preference is. Our jeweler mentioned to us that the band can be changed afterwards. So perhaps something to consider?

• Joey
    WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland
    Joey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

If you love the rose gold now I would get the rose gold, who cares if it is a trend? If you later decide you are less enamored with the comparison you can always take turns wearing one and then the other ring, or wear them on different hands. I chose a wedding dress that was very trendy at the time and I'm sure will go out of style before too long, my wedding dress and especially the BM dresses will look totally dated in the future, but they are what each girl wanted to wear at the time and that was what mattered most to us since we couldn't guess how we'd feel down the line. I say go with your gut, and it sounds like your gut says rose gold. If you eventually fall out of love with it you can always see about getting a new band for a milestone anniversary (it's usually far more affordable to get a new band than a new e-ring)

• Katelyn
    Katelyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I still haven’t decided! I’m definitely going with the Tacori petit crescent wedding band from the photo. I just need to decide on white gold or rose gold. I’m worried that I might not like the rose gold in the future. I don’t want to buy into a trend and wish I hadn’t later. But I do want my wedding band to stand out! My fiancé really wants me to get the rose gold.
  • Joey
    WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland
    Joey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Which did you pick!?

• Ap2017
    Super September 2017 Ontario
    Ap2017 ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I love the shape of the white gold one!

• Kait
    Beginner October 2018 Ontario
    Kait ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm doing a silver ring with a rose gold band. I personally love it but I think it comes down to personal tastes!
  • Katelyn
    Katelyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Update: I have photos of the rings I’m considering! The white gold one also has 50% more diamond, but either one can be ordered in either metal. Both are Tacori ❤️

Mixed Metal Rings - Yay or Nay? 1

Mixed Metal Rings - Yay or Nay? 2
  • Ap2017
    Super September 2017 Ontario
    Ap2017 ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

There are no rules! I would suggest trying on different wedding bands and taking pictures so you can go back and review them and make a choice and maybe get some opinions from your family and friends.

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm not sure I like it but this is for you. There are no hard and fast rules about rings matching or not.

• Maegan
    Super July 2018 British Columbia
    Maegan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I honestly love the colour mismatch... But im all about mismatching things haha. I think it adds character and a uniqueness that you wont find in matching sets. My ring is white gold with a rose gold band in the middle... I think they compliment each other well. And as some of the other ladies have mentioned the diamonds are the focus of the band, not the rose gold so i think it would work well.
  • Katelyn
    Katelyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks Charlotte, I really appreciate your honesty!
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My engagement ring has both white and rose gold and I like the look.

• Daphne
    Super July 2017 British Columbia
    Daphne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    If you like it then that’s all that matters.
  • Candice
    Newbie May 2018 Ontario
    Candice ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    If it looks good together then do it! I'll be doing a rose gold wedding band but my ring does have a rose gold accent on it to begin with
  • Charlotte
    Frequent user August 2018 Ontario
    Charlotte ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My honest opinion is that it will give both rings a cheap look. BUT it's entirely your decision as beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Try them together and if you don't like it you can switch it. If you're curious about it then it's worth trying
  • Melissa
    Devoted November 2017 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think the comination would be beautiful and very unique! If it's what you want and what suits your personality best, than go for it!!

• Sonja
    VIP September 2017 Ontario
    Sonja ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Actually, I think this could work because more diamonds are showing than rose gold. Have you tried them on together? How does it look to you? Could you post a photo of them together on your hand?

• Ashley
    Super June 2018 Alberta
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think it’s a beautiful band, but it would look better if it came in the same metal.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics