Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Kay
Devoted September 2018 Nova Scotia

Menu Place Settings!

Kay, on February 15, 2018 at 08:51 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 7

Table Settings

We are doing a very small intimate wedding at a local restaurant. We already know the menu (and it's very diverse and "big" in comparison maybe to traditional wedding choices), and I would prefer to print menus and have them presented along with the table settings (similar to the attached picture). My concern is, when I order food, I like to know the description of the food, before ordering. So, because of this, I want to put the full description of each food on the custom printed menu. I'm trying on vista print, but I can't see to find a layout that works that also fits all the food plus the descriptions.

Does anybody have any recommendations on this? It seems like such a silly detail, but I just really don't want the restaurant standard menus cluttering up our beautifully decorated table!

Menu Place Settings! 1

7 Comments

Latest activity by Lynnie, on February 20, 2018 at 15:45
  • Lynnie
    WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina
    Lynnie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I DIYed our menus and got the food descriptions in there, but it definitely took some work!! I shortened the food descriptions as much as possible and played around with font size a lot Smiley laugh

I designed my menus in Microsoft word then had them printed on nice card stock at a local printers then used a circle cutter to trim them!

Menu Place Settings! 2

How many different food options will you be offering?

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    The menu cards and invites are from vistaprint site.
  • Jessica
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    You can always contact the Vistaprint editors to see if they can help alter one for you.

Another option is going onto Etsy. Often the seller will work with you and you can grab a digital copy and print them somewhere cheaper like Staples print vistaprint
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    An idea i had created based on what your approaching. I went by course and choices of the menu for veg, non veg and kids. Your rigbt for the guests to know whats being served. I have included a pucture 2 ways to show whats done of it.

Menu Place Settings! 3

Menu Place Settings! 4
  • Courtney
    Super July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

If the venue is okay with you re-printing their menus you could change up the titles of the dishes to include more descriptive words. That way you might not need to have a separate description.

• Victoria
    Expert November 2019 Ontario
    Victoria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I really like the first picture here! The burlap is so cute.

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think that's a nice idea to have, especially since it sounds like they get a choice. I would probably just double check with the restaurant that you can re-print their menu. They might also have smaller menus available since it is a private function.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics