Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Meghan
Frequent user August 2018 Newfoundland and Labrador

Men’s attire

Meghan, on November 30, 2017 at 14:57 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 12
We have no idea where to start for my fiancé’s attire or the groomsmen. He went to look today and found some ideas for what he wants the groomsmen to wear (grey tux with navy blue) and he was thinking about wearing a black tux. I’m unsure how I feel about him wearing a different color suit than the groomsmen. Thoughts? The bridesmaids are going to be in navy blue.

Men’s attire 1

Men’s attire 2

12 Comments

Latest activity by Victoria, on December 19, 2017 at 14:05
  • Victoria
    Expert November 2019 Ontario
    Victoria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think the different suits will llook good!

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Agree with everyone and would go based on colour scheme to match your floral colour or reception in general
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My husband wore a grey suit and the groomsmen wore black suits. I find it nice when the groom wears a different colour as it singles him out just like the bride. I often find that I cannot tell who the groom is in a picture when they all wear the same outfit.

• Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our guys are wearing all the same colour except my fiance and his dad will be in suits and the groomsmen will just have the pants, shirts and vests.

• Tatiana
    Expert April 2018 Ontario
    Tatiana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

MY FH is wearing navy, he wanted to stand out and goes with our colours. i think navy is great personally because he can wear more than once (also we making it a suit not tuxedo)

• Ap2017
    Super September 2017 Ontario
    Ap2017 ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My husband's guys were charcoal suits and he wore navy because he wanted to stand out. He also had a vest in his suit and the guys didn't. They all had matching ties, though. As long as they are complimentary colours, I say go for it! His thought was that I got to wear the special dress, so he got to wear the special suit!

• Karen
    Curious July 2018 Alberta
    Karen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My fiance is going to have the works. So the jacket and vest. While his guys are just Goin to have the vests, and all guys are going to have brown shoes. Our colors are also navy blue. Everyone has different tastes so do what makes you happy.
  • Meghan
    Frequent user August 2018 Newfoundland and Labrador
    Meghan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thanks for all your suggestions! I know I don’t want him to be exactly the same as the groomsmen but what you guys said makes sense, a different color suit will just make him stand out even more!
  • M
    Expert July 2018 Alberta
    Marina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Agree with the previous people. I think that the groom has to be dressed differently than the groomsmen, so that he can stand out!
  • Bethany
    Super July 2018 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    It's good because it will make your fiancé stand out! Just like you 😉 But I've seen some pretty great outfits that guys have worn that they don't wear the exact same things.. They had other accessories that matched (pocket squares you could incorporate in the navy blue so he matches a bit) but they look so good! Hope you are able to find the right outfits for them!
  • Tracy
    Devoted September 2018 Ontario
    Tracy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My fiance will be wearing an indigo blue suit and the groomsmen will be in gray. I agree with Stephanie, I like the idea of him standing out!
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I actually want my fiance to wear something slightly different. I've seen pictures where all the men are wearing the same thing, and it's hard to distinguish the groom. Since we're getting married in the summer, we're thinking of having the groomsmen not wear a jacket; fiance will be wearing one.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics