Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Jamie
Frequent user September 2018 Alberta

Memorial ideas

Jamie, on February 4, 2018 at 13:49 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 8
Hi ladies!

Just wanted some input on good memorial ideas to include in our wedding.

My mom passed away in 2013, and both mine and my FH's grandparents have all passed on, and we would like some ideas as to how we could include them in our wedding!

I will be buying a wedding charm for my bouquet for my mom, and our wedding favors were decided based on her, but some ideas for our grandparents would be appreciated!

Thanks a bunch!

8 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on February 6, 2018 at 10:46
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    If you want to honour the grandparents and your mom, set the pictues on a seperate table with an enclosed candle votive. Light the candle as you enter to make them part of your day. Saw it done on a wedding video.
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think having pictures of them at your table would be a nice subtle way to include them.

• Amanda
    Frequent user September 2018 New Brunswick
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm keeping my inclusion of my father a little subtle, because I know his death still hurts for a number of my family members. I'm getting the photographer to get a shot of me looking at a framed picture of him prior to leaving for the venue, most of the music played in the background as ppl are coming in will be intrumental versions of his favourites, and I think I'll be heading off to the graveyard quickly on my own after I change to put a rose from my bouquet on his grave.
    So far that's it for me. Just enough to make him a presence throughout the day.
  • Courtney
    Super July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think a poem/reading during the ceremony can be great. I've also seen some people reserve seats, have framed pictures (Either in a small table or on the seats), have a lit candle somewhere for those missing.

Charms on the bouquet can be a great idea, or wearing jewellery that belonged to someone.

We're doing a table in the entry way with some photos of important people who can't be with us, along with a candle for them. My FH is wearing his grandfather's watch. My FH's grandfather worked for coke for like 50 years... so I've secretly ordered some vintage glass bottle coke bottles that will have a personalized label (One Says Mrs OURLASTNAME and the other says Mr OURLASTNAME).

• N
    Curious June 2018 British Columbia
    Nadine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Sorry that was suppose to say I found a poem about lost ones not being there and we're going to have it read during the ceremony
  • N
    Curious June 2018 British Columbia
    Nadine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I was going to put my mom's picture beside my Dad's chair with a flower on it and a bow and I found a home not I'm going to have it read during the ceremony I just lost my mom so I need to feel like she's there
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My friend had a frame with pictures of their grandparents, with their names beside it.

I'm going to be adding a flower in my bouquet for both my grandmothers.

• Emily
    Devoted October 2018 Ontario
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    That a really sweet way to honour your mom! All of my grandparents are deceased and my FH’s grandpa is too. We were thinking of doing something like this. I was thinking of doing wedding photos of my grandparents if I can find them.

Memorial ideas 1

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics