Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Kaye
Frequent user September 2018 Ontario

Mc cancelled day before

Kaye, on September 1, 2018 at 00:53 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 10
My MC just texted the day before my wedding saying shes not coming because she doesnt wanna make the 2 hour drive to the venue. Isnt that the rudest thing? I already paid for her meal and spent a ton of time making her detailed instructions. And she texts the day before with no legitimate excuse. Why do people not understand its a wedding and not some casual lunch?

10 Comments

Latest activity by Angel, on September 5, 2018 at 14:18
  • Angel
    Frequent user June 2019 British Columbia
    Angel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hope the wedding went well regardless! I need to make sure that I find reliable wedding helpers!

• Janis
    Curious June 2019 Ontario
    Janis ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I don’t understand the nonsense of some people. I’m happy a family member stepped in for you. What a lack of professionalism! If she runs a business, definitely give an honest review. Those reviews will help prevent it happening to someone else.
  • Leanne
    Expert September 2018 Ontario
    Leanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Wow! That is extremely rude and inconsiderate! I am so glad to hear you were able to get a family member to help you out! I hope your wedding was perfect!

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

That's awful! It's not like you sprung it on her last minute where the venue was. I honestly don't understand how some people can lack professionalism like that.

• Donna
    Devoted July 2019 Ontario
    Donna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I know that you are upset & angry because I know I would be. But the day you are getting married is YOUR DAY don't let anyone not ever your MC get you down.This isn't about anyone but You & your Man. Just try to move pass it. I also know that I can't be friends with someone like that either regardless on the excuse. To each their own.
  • E
    Expert December 2018 Ontario
    Emma ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Yeah that sucks. Glad you have a replacement.

That sounds like an odd excuse to give at the last minute. She would have known before how long it took. Maybe something else is going on with her that she wants to keep private so she used that excuse?
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thats harsh to do to you day before and say its far for her. Too bad for her and friendship if there is one. Glad to hear family came through the last minute.
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Wow! That is rude! 2 hours? That’s nothing! I agree with Holly: you don’t need someone like that in your life! She’s the one missing out. Glad a family member can take over!
  • Kaye
    Frequent user September 2018 Ontario
    Kaye ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Its a friend we had no idea she was so flaky
    Asking a family member to help us out
  • Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    OMG! Does she have her own business? Or is she more of a friend or acquaintance?
    Either way it's 100% unacceptable!
    If she offers MCing as a service then you should give her a very honest public review! If it is just a friend or something then I would definitely end that. You don't need people like that in your life.
    Do you have someone who can replace her??

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics