Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Dana
Frequent user April 2018 Ontario

Match your venue?

Dana, on August 25, 2017 at 11:50 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 10
Hey bridal beauties,
Do you all think your dress/bridal look should match your venue? My dress isn't super simple but it's also not overly glamorous or formal and for the rest of my look I really just wanted to do my hair mostly down with a few flowers in the back, no veil, a simple wildflower bouquet and make up in natural colours. However we've just booked our ceremony venue and between that and our reception venue we're looking at some fairly fancy locations and I'm thinking my planned look is more appropriate to a garden wedding or a less formal venue. Attaching some pictures of my dress and both our venues. Should I do more glamorous hair and make up? Wear a veil? Stick to my original plan?

Match your venue? - 1

Match your venue? - 2

Match your venue? - 3

Match your venue? - 4

10 Comments

Latest activity by Carol, on August 27, 2017 at 22:10
  • Carol
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Carol ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Bethany I love your pics.
  • Dana
    Curious May 2018 British Columbia
    Dana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Honestly your dress and venue go just fine together! They're complimentary and elegant!
  • Kila
    Frequent user September 2018 Ontario
    Kila ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I feel the same way . My venue is country elegance it's on s beautifully landscaped ranch some might say do a country lace dress nor something . But I wanted the worlds biggest ball gown and so that's what I got and I don't mind at all!!
  • Dana
    Dana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thanks everyone! I think I'm considering a veil a bit more just to add some more formality for the ceremony but I think I'm still probably going to do simple make up and a wildflower bouquet because I really have my heart set on those!
  • Tiffany
    Devoted October 2017 Ontario
    Tiffany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I have also been wondering about this for myself!!! I haven't had a chance to read the comments but that dress is gorgeous!! Smiley heart

• Erin
    Expert September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Love your dress wow!! In my opinion, I don't think the dress and venue have to match. Our venue is a ski lodge, and our decor/theme is rustic, but I wanted a ball gown, so I got one! Many people may not think the two go together but I don't care because it is what I wanted. Honestly, if you don't want to wear a veil, you don't have to, and if you want a wildflower bouquet, do it! There are no rules when it comes to this stuff! Smiley smile

• B
    Super August 2017 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Holy moly your venue is perfect!!!! Damn that's gorgeous. One of the most gorgeous ones I've seen. I love your dress and I would stick to that and simple makeup that you like..... I don't usually tell ppl my opinion cuz it really doesn't matter, it only matters how u feel, BUT, in my opinion, id like to see you in a veil 😂The dress is absolutely perfect, and the veil will add that traditional, classic element of your ceremony. You can Take it off for the reception after. I attached pictures of me cuz I was debating on a veil too but glad I went with it. It wasn't puffy or overpowering, but it was long and dramatic. Elegant and modern at the same time. And then u can see I took it off during reception

Match your venue? - 1

Match your venue? - 2

Match your venue? - 3

Match your venue? - 4

Match your venue? - 5
  • Lynnie
    WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina
    Lynnie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Gorgeous dress and beautiful venue!!

I don't think that they need to "match", but I do think it's nice if they don't completely clash Smiley tongue

I think the dress is perfect but might not do wildflowers as a bouquet, because that definitely makes me think of something outdoors or more rustic!

• Sasha
    Super October 2017 Ontario
    Sasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Wow beautiful!! Honestly I was thinking the same thing about my dress as well. I'm the opposite of you though, I bought a massive blush ballgown but our venue is an outdoor ceremony under trees and the reception is an old Victorian house so my dress doesn't suit the theme as we are doing a rustic theme. I brought this up to different people as I was kind of concerned but we all agreed that it doesn't really matter. It's all about what you love and feel comfortable in and so what if it doesn't "match" the theme or venue. No one will be focused on that anyway I promise you! Your dress and venue are both gorgeous I say go with what makes you happiest!
  • Dana
    Dana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    PS sorry two of the pictures are blurry

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics