Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Alexa
Devoted July 2018 Alberta

Master of ceremonies

Alexa, on September 4, 2017 at 15:38 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 14

I was wondering how to decide on an MC, I personally do not want to choose a family member because MC is a big job. Any ideas and stories on how you decided on choosing MC.

14 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on January 8, 2018 at 11:44
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our DJ was the MC too since my family is missisaauga and i was in Alliton. No program for the reception was set due to the timeframe of the evening.
  • Ap2017
    Super September 2017 Ontario
    Ap2017 ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're not having an MC. We'll have our DJ make our announcements for us so our friends and family can relax and enjoy the day.

• Alexa
    Devoted July 2018 Alberta
    Alexa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I was thinking of doing the same thing! Think that would be easiest than to try to find someone we both have a relationship with , the person we are really close too is super shy and a severe perfectionist so that wouldn't work.

• N
    Curious June 2018 British Columbia
    Nadine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I couldn't decide no one really knows us both really well so we decided to have the duties shared between my Matron of Honor and his Best Man. And the good thing is we all did know each other when we were younger.

• Erin
    Expert September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We wanted our MC to be someone who knew us both very well and knew us mutually, I had a few uncles that would have been great choices, but we wanted someone who was friends with us both, not just a person from one side. This is why we chose our close friend to be our MC. It also worked out well because we wanted him to be apart of our big day because he is so special to us.

• Maegan
    Super July 2018 British Columbia
    Maegan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are having this dilema as well! Everyone we thought about asking is already in our wedding party! And we dont have a DJ.
  • Chloe
    Super May 2018 Ontario
    Chloe ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are asking a mutual friend to be our MC. She has known us since before we started dating and she is a very witty person. (Plus she has always wanted to MC a wedding)
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We chose one of our good friends who wasn't already a groomsman.

• Sydney
    Expert August 2018 Ontario
    Sydney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We chose one of our mutual friends. Our MC is actually the only mutual friend we have that knew us both before we got together! It's nice to have someone that knew us separately, and knows us together as well!

• Melissa
    Newbie September 2018 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We chose my brother in law to be out MC. We wanted someone who has known us since we started dating, we see often and means something to us.
    He was delighted that we asked and so touched to be a part of our day.

• Lesley
    Super September 2017 Manitoba
    Lesley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'd choose a good friend or just have the DJ announce things.
    My bridesmaid is doing it. I wasn't going to have one but she was so excited and she'll do great so why not?
  • Carol
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Carol ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm paying the Dj to do MC duties. They have the service and this way I dont have to worry about who to ask.

• Shelby
    Frequent user October 2017 British Columbia
    Shelby ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We chose my fiances cousin and uncle to be our MC's. They are both very funny individuals that aren't afraid to speak in front of crowds. Having two people do the job also lessens the work for both of them, and they are able to talk with each other both in planning and at the actual wedding making it more fun for them and guests. They have also both done the MC job before at other family weddings.

• Daphne
    Super July 2017 British Columbia
    Daphne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We chose a good friend who wasn't part of the wedding party.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics