Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

N
Beginner April 2021 Newfoundland and Labrador

Married on "dating anniversary"?

Natasha, on December 23, 2019 at 21:18 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 15
Newly engaged here, as of December 14th!

Who has gotten Married, or plan to get married on your "dating anniversary"? My fiance (so weird to say that) & I have been together since April 17 2008 and we are getting married April 17 2021.. exactly 13 years later! Kinda neat and a coincidence that the date we started going out falls on a Saturday.

15 Comments

Latest activity by Tori, on January 2, 2020 at 11:32
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Congrats on the engagement!! I think it would have been super awesome to have gotten married on our dating anniversary but that would have meant March 5th which isn't the best weather here in Winnipeg Smiley atonished We went with October 5th instead and at least kept the 5th of the month Smiley laugh

• Alyssa
    Beginner June 2020 British Columbia
    Alyssa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We’re getting married on June 5, 2020 which is our 9 year anniversary! So excited! Makes it much easier to remember the date lol
  • Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We got married a week after our dating anniversary, and a week before our engagement anniversary!

My friend got married on her dating anniversary with her DH and my SIL is planning her wedding for her dating anniversary (will be on a Friday).

• Nadia & Steven
    Beginner September 2021 Ontario
    Nadia & Steven ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Getting married on our 9th anniversary so our first and 10th year anniversary are on the same day. 10.10.2020
  • Amanda
    Devoted July 2020 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are using ours Smiley smile. July 2nd, 2020. It's a Thursday but we are having such a small, low key wedding with a small ceremony (no reception) that we dont mind. We looked at other dates and no other dates felt right to us.
  • Geneviève
    VIP September 2020 Ontario
    Geneviève ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    That’s really neat!
    We opted for a month later because our dating anniversary was August 31 and neither of us wanted to die of heat stroke on our wedding day.
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We got married two days before our dating anniversary. It was a Saturday. And it wasn’t the plan but it was the last Saturday available for our favourite venue.
  • T
    Curious September 2020 Ontario
    Trish ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    When we were 5 years in we figured out our 10 year dating anniversary would fall on a Saturday and couldn’t imagine getting married on any other day. Can’t wait!
  • D
    Frequent user June 2020 Saskatchewan
    Dawn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Congrats! We are keeping the same day of the year, but not the month as neither of us loved being married so close to christmas we decided to go with june 21st vs dec 21.
  • Marissa
    Expert August 2019 Ontario
    Marissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We got married on our 8th dating anniversary (August 11, 2019)!
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Congratulations on your engagement and welcome to wedding wire. I honestly don't remember the date we started dating or got engaged. I have said our wedding date enough times I should remember that anniversary lol (I hope anyway)
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Thats amazing!! your hubby will never forget your anniversary ahhhaa!

• Samantha
    Super June 2021 Ontario
    Samantha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    First of all, congratulations!
    And that's exactly how it worked for FH and I! We started dating July 25, 2007 in high school and getting married 13 years later on Saturday July 25, 2020. Originally we were thinking of a fall wedding but then my best friend is getting married in the fall and I'm one of his groomswoman, so I didn't want to take away from his day and have mine so close to his. So when I realized our dating anniversary falls on a Saturday that year, I thought it was perfect and just meant to be lol
  • Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Congratulations on your engagement!
    We thought about using our anniversary date, July 22. It falls on a Wednesday so we debated eloping and having a reception at home afterwards. When we started researching the cost of eloping we decided to have a wedding at home instead. We have beautiful fall weather so we looked at Fridays in the fall, eliminated a few (long weekends, September 11th etc.) And settled on October 2, 2020. I like the way it sounds and hopefully it's an easy anniversary to remember.
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Its a double celebration that is special and something to you both.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics