Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Bridget
Curious August 2018 Alberta

Married in Hawaii?

Bridget, on February 9, 2018 at 00:39 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 4

Is anyone planning to have a destination wedding in Hawaii? If so, are you having a reception with family and friends when you return? I am struggling with whether or not to keep my wedding date locally here in Alberta or simply plan a destination for the two of us and only a handful of people?

4 Comments

Latest activity by Erin, on February 12, 2018 at 10:37
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think it depends on what you envision for your wedding. If you want a small intimate wedding in an exotic locale or a big family and friends wedding in a familiar place.

I think it is nice to have a reception at home after a destination wedding so that all the people who couldn't make it get to celebrate with you.

• Bethany
    Super July 2018 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Ooohhh this sounds beautiful and like really nice pictures! It depends on what you want. I am having my wedding in the province I am living in and then going to the province I grew up in for a second reception for people who couldn't make it to the first one. But honestly it's what your vision is.
  • Bridget
    Curious August 2018 Alberta
    Bridget ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yes, I love the idea of a Hawaii wedding, but the problem is that none of my family can afford to travel there. It would mean my father would not be able to attend as well as a lot of close family.

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We had talked about having a destination wedding, but it was always my dream to have a big(ish) wedding to celebrate with friends and family. But, when we were talking about a destination wedding, we were going to have a reception at home after.

My friend is having a destination wedding and they aren't having a reception.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics