Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Maegan
Frequent user August 2021 Ontario

Makeup trial - when?

Maegan, on February 2, 2019 at 16:46 Posted in Beauty 0 19
Hey ladies,
If you didn't use your makeup trial for engagement photos when did you use it?
We've already done our engagement photos but I haven't booked a mua yet so just wondering what others might have done?
Thanks!

19 Comments

Latest activity by Stephanie, on February 6, 2019 at 15:02
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Final dress fitting so I could see the whole look together. It’s what helped me decide I actually didn’t want a full updo on the day of because of how it looked with the dress (low-ish neckline just seemed to elongate my neck when there was no hair down!)
  • Janaya
    Expert August 2019 Saskatchewan
    Janaya ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'll be doing it for my bridal shower day too!! I just think its a nice day to be glammed up

• A
    Newbie August 2019 Alberta
    Alyssa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Bridal shower!
  • Kelly
    Expert September 2019 Manitoba
    Kelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Mine suggested we do hair and makeup trial on a special occasion or something. I looked at my calendar and the only special occasion was somebody else's wedding lol.

So we just picked a random day, and I said my fiance and I will just make an occasion of it haha.

• Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I didn't even think of this! My one friend did her hair and makeup trial for a wedding she was attending. I don't think I can use for my bridal shower as its on a Sunday and they don't work on Sunday's

• Cindy
    Devoted July 2019 Ontario
    Cindy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I might use it for my shower but the only thing I was thinking was my shower look should be different from my wedding look. I mean my hair should be a different style with me wearing a veil.
  • Allen
    Devoted April 2019 Ontario
    Allen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm getting married April and probably februtor March.
  • Taylor
    Curious May 2021 Ontario
    Taylor ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our photographer actually suggested to us that I get my make up trial for my bridal shower. I hadn’t actually thought of that before she mentioned and I’m so glad she did! How much has everyone been quoted for a make up trial?
  • Chelsea
    Super June 2020 Alberta
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Devil’s advocate here - i wouldn’t plan on doing the trial on a day you have an event. What if you hate it? what if what you thought you wanted turns out to be super different from what you actually get?
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Not sure if it’s just a polish thing but my FH will be at my shower!

Him and his best man will help out with things during the shower, and it’s a good social event for them too since they’ll know everyone.

my dad and FH’s dad will both be there also!
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I didn’t want to use my make up trial for my engagement photos because my looks are going to be different so I didn’t think it made sense.

So I’m having my engagement make up and hair done this May when my photos are and as long as it goes well I’ll sign on with them for the wedding. I’ll proabbly do my trial 2 months before my wedding!
  • Monica
    Devoted June 2019 Ontario
    Monica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I booked my hair and makeup trial 3 months before the wedding. We already had our engagement shoot, so of course it won’t happen for the shoot. If we happen to do something the day of, great! But if not, it’s nice to see how your hair and makeup will hold out while you’re going through your day
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I will be using mine for the bridal shower Smiley laugh

After reading your question I realized I had no idea for myself but that sounds like the best bet off of what others are doing.

Plus, if you are like Stephanie and don't want him seeing your look at all - a shower is a girl only day anyway right?? Just got to make sure to take it off at the hall!

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm using mine for my bridal shower! If you're not having one, I'd suggest just using it on a night when you and your fiancé want to go out for a nice dinner or have an event.

• Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    For me! I didnt want my FH to see my hair or makeup so I had mine done (and loved it) and actually just ended up taking it off after a few hours... kinda sad to waste but I'm glad he hasnt see me in it!
  • Leah
    VIP April 2019 British Columbia
    Leah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I would do it for a date night or before a non wedding related activity (ie girls night, etc)
  • Natasha
    Devoted June 2019 Ontario
    Natasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I would use the trial for your bridal shower or bachelorette.
  • Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I had my hair and make up artist booked just after we did our engagement pics. So I didn’t use my trial for that.
    I will most likely do my trials in July or August
  • Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My plan is to use my trial for my shower or bachelorette.

I did my engagement photos before having booked my MUA, like you!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics