Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

A
Newbie September 2018 Ontario

Makeup for sensitive skin/allergy

Alex, on December 31, 2017 at 16:41 Posted in Beauty 0 4

Hello!

I have extremely sensitive skin coupled with a fragrance allergy. For those who don't know, fragrance is included in a lot of makeup. Because of this, I have been having serious problems finding a makeup artist for my wedding (they either can't guarantee their makeup will be fragrance free, or will ask to use my products for the full charge...which means I will have to pay 100s of dollars in makeup anyways).

Basically, I think I might have to do my own makeup Smiley sad . The problem is, I don't know any brands that have good coverage/are long lasting that are for sensitive skin/fragrance free. Has anyone had this problem before? Can anyone recommend some products? If you did your own makeup on your wedding day, how did it go? How can I prepare?

4 Comments

Latest activity by Michaela, on January 6, 2018 at 00:52
  • M
    Newbie May 2019 Ontario
    Michaela ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I honestly love this foundation, I am a makeup artist and I have yet to have someone be bothered by the forluma or fragrance! I personally have extremely sensitive skin and break out in rashes from most makeup, but I don't have problems with this one! Honestly it bothers me that Artists won't compromise a price with you if using your makeup, yes we are worth our talent and technique but its the cost of products upkeep that makes professionally makeup prices go up.
  • Kayla
    Devoted September 2017 Alberta
    Kayla ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I have contact dermatitis and it flares up with the use of makeup-especially eye makeup (i get a brutal itchy,red rash and swelling around my eyes), so i get where you're coming from. I was terrified of what might happen on my wedding day, so i informed my makeup artist before hand.

Lucky for me, she uses a brand called Makeup Forever (can get it at sephora). I didn't get any form of rash, and i didn't even have any irritation the next day either.

• Jen889
    Devoted May 2018 Quebec
    Jen889 ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Honestly, try and find a make up artist or spa that uses Jane Iredale. It's fragrance free, hypoallergenic, and mineral based. It's the highest quality you can get when it comes to mineral make up. It's essentially skin care in make up format. I use this in my spa and I can't recommend it enough. I have clients who have highly reactive skin types and they are 100% ok with Jane Iredale.
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Arbonne is supposed to be completely allergen-free. If you can find a salesperson in your area, see if they would be willing to do a sample makeover. And, maybe they would do it for the wedding too.

My friend had issues and went to Sephora--can't remember the brand but she tried it on and ended up buying it. I don't know if it was fragrance free but it was for sensitive skin. But, a really good salesperson will know all their makeup well. Try it on there, see how it goes for the day, and if it works then buy it. They might also do it the day of, it would just have to be at the store.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics