Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Alessia
Frequent user June 2020 Ontario

Live Musician during Dinner?

Alessia, on March 20, 2018 at 18:29 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 12
Hey everyone,

This question may have been repeated somewhere but I cannot find it. We are for sure having a DJ at our wedding but I am confused as to what people like for dinner. Do we get a live musician? Someone to play a violin/piano? Or do we just tell the DJ to put on some soft music? #Confused

12 Comments

Latest activity by Alexandra, on March 23, 2018 at 12:42
  • Alexandra
    VIP November 2019 British Columbia
    Alexandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I would just have your DJ play softer music. Very few people are going to be listening anyway as they’ll be all talking, so why pay the money for someone live when you already have the DJ.
  • Lynnie
    WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina
    Lynnie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

If you want to add live musicians, go for it! But you can also work with your DJ on playing quieter "dinner" music!

• Karen
    Expert September 2018 Ontario
    Karen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I agree with playing a soft and low volume music so your guest can talk and hear each other.
  • Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would just have music from the dj playing low. this way people can still talk and hear each other. The live band would be more beneficial during the reception time

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think if you already have the DJ, save your money and just get them to play some soft background music.

• Alessia
    Frequent user June 2020 Ontario
    Alessia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I mean during the antipasto, not dinner.
  • K
    Expert September 2018 British Columbia
    Kim ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Never seen a live musician at dinner either. I'd go for soft background music you can pause during speeches and such.

• Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I've never known to have live musicians during dinner, I think a DJ playing soft music is the best option just because it's easier to control the volume and to pause it when needed (for speeches or so)
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It's up to you but I have never seen musicians at dinner if it's a DJ for the dance or vice versa. I have been to weddings where there isn't music during dinner because there are speeches or people are busy talking anyway so the music wouldn't have been heard.

• Stacey
    Frequent user October 2019 Ontario
    Stacey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Usually during the dinner is when the speeches are going on, so depending on what your schedule is, you might not even have enough time in between dinner and speech to worry about the music Smiley smile

• Courtney
    Super July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

If you already have a DJ, I would have them play softer music. You can ask your DJ for feedback as I'm sure they have some wedding experience and should be able to provide more information on what other weddings have done as well.

• Cathrine
    Devoted April 2018 Ontario
    Cathrine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think the live performances are usually during cocktail hour. Dinner is DJ or no music.
    really though it’s whag ever you want.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics