Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Emilie
Featured Quebec

Limited bar or open bar?

Emilie, on October 10, 2016 at 05:18

Posted in Wedding reception 56

Hey future newlyweds A party with or without alcohol is still a party... but how much will you actually invest in your guests' drinking... that's another question How much alcohol will be served at your wedding? A. Drinks only served with meal B. Limited bar C. Open bar D. A + B E: A + C...

Hey future newlyweds Smiley ring

A party with or without alcohol is still a party... but how much will you actually invest in your guests' drinking... that's another question Smiley winking

How much alcohol will be served at your wedding?

A. Drinks only served with meal

B. Limited bar

C. Open bar

D. A + B

E: A + C

Next question >> Will you get married at night or during the day?

Limited bar or open bar?

Image: Pinterest

56 Comments

• Melissa
    VIP June 2017 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think that sounds very reasonable!

• Maly
    Devoted September 2017 Ontario
    Maly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think a good balance is great for both you and your guests. We were thinking of giving 3 paid drinks (plus wine with dinner) but if you want to get drunk? That's on you. Haha!
  • Nelly
    Expert September 2017 Ontario
    Nelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thanks to our parents we will be having C
  • Stephanie
    Frequent user May 2017 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thanks for the great advice!For my decorations I'm going for a romantic/elegant style with everything in navy and silver with rhinestone accents. We'll have small touches of coral as well in the flowers, bouquets and such. Centre pieces are going to be square mirrors with 3 different sized vases on it with blue rocks and a light inside. They'll be filled with water with a floating candle on top and a couple candles around it. Our decorator was our big splurge next to the venue and food of course. She's the best in the city and creates rooms that are straight out of the magazines. I have all my centre piece, table number, card box, and sign stuff bought, just have to put everything together. Here's a couple pictures of what my centre piece idea is etc and a picture of a room set up our decorator did for another wedding at our venue that inspired me and has the type of style I'm going. In my own colours and design of course. :-)

Limited bar or open bar? - 1

Limited bar or open bar? - 2

Limited bar or open bar? - 3

Limited bar or open bar? - 4

Limited bar or open bar? - 5

Limited bar or open bar? - 6
  • Simone
    Master August 2017 Manitoba
    Simone ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I was just reading on a limited bar and what I was thinking it was the same as a cash bar. So in this case, we are having red and white wine at the dinner table for the guest to have and serve themselves and it will be a cash bar no a limited bar.

• Simone
    Simone ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

That is a good idea and I 100% agree!

• Terry
    Frequent user May 2017 Quebec
    Terry ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I would say B . We have a 2$ beer, cocktails and shot bar. All the wine and non alcoholic drinks are free
  • Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Tina Smiley heart That's a good plan to keep your guests reasonable on the amount of alcohol they will drink! Smiley winking

Will you have a cash bar during dinner too?

• Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hey Steph Smiley heart I think it's really up to you, you're the one whose budget in in play here. I like what Melissa suggested, I think you should consider it or otherwise have a few tickets for free drinks. Smiley smile

I'm curious to see your decorations! Smiley smile What style are you going for?

• Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Christina Smiley heart That's a great plan to be reasonable on alcohol Smiley winking

How will you do the limited bar?

Will you have drink tickets for your guests or will you buy only a limited amount of bottles?

• Melissa
    VIP June 2017 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Glad to hear it!

Looking forward to hearing about your other plans! Make sure to mpost some pictures of ideas for everyone too Smiley smile

• Stephanie
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thanks Melissa! That's great advice! I think we're definitely going to be looking at doing a twoonie bar.
  • Melissa
    VIP June 2017 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think toonie bars get a bad rap. I understand that people don't like the idea of asking guests to pay- but guests at a wedding at there because they love you, not to get drunk for free.

It is great to offer anything to your guests that you can. I think people lose sight of what a wedding is about in this way.

Do what you can, what you are comfortable with, and whatever will keep your budget reasonable....those who matter won't mind and those who mind don't matter Smiley heart

• Michele
    Curious September 2017 Ontario
    Michele ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

C. open bar

• Stephanie
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We're still deciding. Would like to do C but budget might only allow for B, hotel mark up is ridiculous and we splurged on an amazing decorator. Also neither one of us are big drinkers but we have some friends and family that are. What is everyone's thoughts on a toonie bar? Yay or Nay?
  • Christina
    Newbie October 2018 Nova Scotia
    Christina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    D drinks with dinner and limited bar
  • T
    Curious December 2019 New Brunswick
    Tina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Cash bar only
  • Cheryl
    Expert December 2017 British Columbia
    Cheryl ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We would like to avoid alcohol, not a great mix for my family
  • Melissa
    Curious August 2018 British Columbia
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hoping to be able to do C
  • Valerie
    VIP April 2017 Ontario
    Valerie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

C!! (but limited during dinner, not our request, just how the venue does it)

• Melissa
    VIP June 2017 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are planning for C. We did consider a limited bar, because budget is a big concern for us, but becasue we are having a dance party themed night it jsut made more sense to take it all the way! We have no doubt given the habits of out family and friends that they will make it worth it!

• Nelly
    Expert September 2017 Ontario
    Nelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    C us our answer
  • Lindsay
    Curious July 2017 Ontario
    Lindsay ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our answer is C
  • Simone
    Simone ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    The answer is D as we will have red and white wine at the dinner table and limited bar.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics