Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Kelsie
Master July 2021 Ontario

Let's Talk Wedding Dresses!

Kelsie, on March 3, 2019 at 11:37

Posted in Wedding fashion 90

I just ordered my dress a week ago and I already cannot wait for it to come in! Since my dress is not here yet - I want to bask in your amazing dresses! Let's talk wedding dresses! What dress did you get?! Was it love at first sight? How long did it take for your dress to come in once you ordered...
I just ordered my dress a week ago and I already cannot wait for it to come in!

Since my dress is not here yet - I want to bask in your amazing dresses!

Let's talk wedding dresses!

What dress did you get?!

Was it love at first sight?

How long did it take for your dress to come in once you ordered it?

90 Comments

• Tyanna
    Super June 2019 British Columbia
    Tyanna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Mine is essence of Australia! I forgot to put that in the original comment Smiley smile

• Tyanna
    Super June 2019 British Columbia
    Tyanna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    This is mine! I just had my first fitting yesterday and I forgot how much I love my dress ❤

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That’s so funny you ended up with all the same designer!! Which means you couldn’t go wrong no matter what you chose!

Does your FH know about your dress or is it a secret?
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Mine is a Sottero Midgley!! I love Maggie’s stuff! So I’m totally biased but your dress is gorgeous!!

do you have your accessories yet?!
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    So glad you found your perfect gown!

I actually found my dress at Kleinfeld also but ended up buying it somewhere else!

the Kleinfeld experience was magical to be honest. My consultant also found my dress for me!

My dress was the second one I tried on! I ended up buying it after getting frustrated with all the other dresses I’d tried on at 3 different boutiques!
  • Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh yeah!!! When I went to Kleinfeld I had a bunch of dresses in mind I wanted to try, my consultant brought me one (that wasnt on the list) and I tried it on first! Ended up being the one after I tried on a few others I kept going back to it!!! Was just perfect in everyway!
  • Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I got Maggie Sottero's Charlene! (Pictured below with the model)

I was a close tie with this one and another dress, but I felt most comfortable/bridal in this one! I definitely loved it the moment I put it on!

I ordered it end of April last year and it came in the end of August. It's being stored at the bridal salon for now, but I confirmed alterations with the seamstress for July so I'll be checking it out in 4 months!

• Leah
    VIP April 2019 British Columbia
    Leah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I had designers in mind but not the designer I ended up get choosing. I chose a bunch of dresses in the store but my top 3 coincidentally were all Truvelle.

The feature of the dress that I like the most is the skirt and unexpectedly the train! When I took a week to think about which of the dresses I liked the best I couldn’t shake the feelings I felt about the pattern on the dress and the train.

• Casey
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Lol that was totally me when I was waiting for my dress. I haven’t put it on since September so it’s a long waiting period!
    I have showed the girls I work with because they won’t be coming. But that’s literally about it! I’m trying so hard to not show any family that will be there. I want the surprise!
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    So exciting!! I don’t need to start my alterations until next year so even once I get my dress ...more waiting lol!!

Its really hard for me not to show people or talk about my dress with friends but i think the surprise will be worth it!
  • Melanie
    Beginner September 2019 Ontario
    Melanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I do have shoes. I went with metallic pink Keds. I'd rather be comfy than pretty in heels. I ordered some ribbon laces to go with them. I've also got my eye on a tiara, but we'll see.
  • Casey
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I picked up my dress the end of September! It’s currently sitting in a closet at my dads! I get to start the alterations in April which is super exciting!
    Also no pictures of my dress until we are married! I’m trying to not show everyone lol. A few people have seen the dress when I bought it. But I ordered it in a different colour. My sister, step mom and mother in law are the only ones to see it!
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    So excited for you!!

I cant wait to finally get my dress even though I’m sure I’ll be waiting a while!

Was your dress love at first sight?
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I’ve heard David’s Bridal is really quick with delivery! That’s amazing that you get to see your dress soon!!

do you have your shoes already? Any other accessories that you’re excited to pair with your dress?!
  • Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I actually picked mine up today!!! After 11 months of waiting Haha!!! Absolutely in love!!! No photos of the dress though I have a thing about posting photos of it online! Only after the wedding!

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Love the colour on your dress! And the top is so beautiful!

Is that going to be your vail also?! I love the cathedral length on you! So gorgeous
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Amazing!! That’s so sweet he wants it to be a surprise! I’m keeping mine a secret until the day of also, only my mom and sister knows what it looks like.

I kept comparing every other dress to the dress I chose so I stopped my search and said I think I need to pick the dress I can’t get over!
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Did you have a particular designer in mind before you went shopping?! Or did you just happen to fall in love with all three of the designs in person?!

Ahhh!! I’m so excited for you to get your dress!

Do you have a favourite part of the dress? Or any accessory you’re looking forward to pairing with it?
  • Melanie
    Beginner September 2019 Ontario
    Melanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My dress has arrived at my mom's. I get to go try it on on the 15th or so. I'm very excited. It took about a week from the order to delivery. I got a David's Bridal dress, 9MK3747. I'm so looking forward to trying it on!

• Alexandra
    VIP November 2019 British Columbia
    Alexandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I ordered my dress on Thursday! I’m so happy it’s gorgeous and it’s not at all what I had in mind! I’ve been told at the latest it’ll come in by August 25th but probably sooner! We’ll see!

This is the dress I picked, I’m in love with the colour!

• Leah
    VIP April 2019 British Columbia
    Leah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My dress is “Truvelle Annie”.

I took a week to think about my 3 favourite Truvelle designs (Pamela, Aliz, Annie), but couldn’t get Annie out of my mind.

rush ordered it at the end of November and it’s been available for pickup since last week. I plan to pick it up next week.

Yaayyy!
  • Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you, I'm pumped for sure!!

Yeah, I wouldn't stop talking about how much I preferred this dress over the other one. Though my FH had no clue what I was talking about (the dress is kept secret, at his request), he just told me : I'm no expert, but I think you found your dress...you just won't shut up about it! Smiley laugh

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Amazing!! I love your dress, especially the top!! So elegant!

When you left the boutique did you think about the dress at all over those 3 weeks?!

Ahhh!! The wait for the dress is almost painful ahaha! I’m sure you’ll love the dress even more once it’s in!
  • Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Waiting for my dress to arrive is definitely driving me nuts right now hahaha.

I ended up with an Allure Bridals dress, which I bought on a follow-up appointment. It was not the first dress I tried on. I had tried maybe 6-7 dresses before that, between 2 boutiques. It also wasn't "love at first sight" but more like "Oh, this is my style!".

I approached the dress shopping experience in a very logical way, which must've been weird for the consultant hahaha. I was considering whether I could breathe (lol), sit and move without a problem. THEN, I thought about how I looked and felt in it.

I couldn't decide between 2 dresses, this one and a strapless one, so I left the store empty-handed. I went back to the boutique about 3 weeks later and tried this one again, which I told the consultant it was "the one"!

I ordered my dress late September and it should be here in March/April. Smiley smile

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Amazing!! Was it the first dress you tried on?!
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Isn't it great to know that your dress is on the way?!

I'm still waiting on the arrival of mine, but it's an A-line Kenneth Winston dress and I think it was love at first sight lol. It took me a while to realize it, but I went back to the boutique and ended up going with it Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics