Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Kelsie
Master July 2021 Ontario

Let's Talk Wedding Dresses!

Kelsie, on March 3, 2019 at 11:37

Posted in Wedding fashion 90

I just ordered my dress a week ago and I already cannot wait for it to come in! Since my dress is not here yet - I want to bask in your amazing dresses! Let's talk wedding dresses! What dress did you get?! Was it love at first sight? How long did it take for your dress to come in once you ordered...
I just ordered my dress a week ago and I already cannot wait for it to come in!

Since my dress is not here yet - I want to bask in your amazing dresses!

Let's talk wedding dresses!

What dress did you get?!

Was it love at first sight?

How long did it take for your dress to come in once you ordered it?

90 Comments

• Terri
    Frequent user July 2019 Nova Scotia
    Terri ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Beautiful! The color is lovely.

• Terri
    Frequent user July 2019 Nova Scotia
    Terri ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I'm so obsessed with peacocks!! Your shoes are SOOOOOOOOOOOO amazing. Love this head piece too.

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I wish I was creative enough but I’m not lol I’ll just have to keep looking and talk to my seamstress once my dress is ready!
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hmmm have you considered going to Michaels and making your own belt? That's something I've honestly considered in case my belt is no where to be found when the time comes!

• Julie
    Expert March 2019 Ontario
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We stopped at every bridal shop in Barrie. O choose 6 dresses that went from sz 8 thu
    sz 4 X. Everyone has appreciated how much work I did right amoun from a Large surgery in Sept to finally being helped by our Moms and dads house. We,"ll all be on matching
    cards etc bring made. Do you angrl tree upon the brides song choices. If anyone starts saying that they are wearing mr and Mrs ext. as a pleasure to see you
    My Number is 705 7957434
  • Robyn
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Robyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you, I'm really hoping so. I intend to leave some honest reviews, once I have my final fitting and pick up the dress, of course!

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yikes. Honestly just because I dealt with her. It’s her bad vibes that killed your love for your dress. Any dress she showed me I think I disliked more because her attitude was just so sour. And you’re 100% right about her saying “oh this’ll be different” “oh we can change that” - I was so annoyed! I’m so sorry you had the same experience but it’s definitely her attitude - your dress is amazing!
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I might add a belt to mine, if possible, but every belt I saw in any boutique I hated ...so we’ll see. I’m sort of researching jewelry and veils right now but haven’t found anything yet!
  • Robyn
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Robyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I can't believe this! Surprised she still has a job there if this is a pattern. Imagine how much business she drives away from the boutique.
  • Robyn
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Robyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    YES!!!! What a coincidence! I am planning on asking for another consultant to help me out when I go back for my fittings. I'm afraid I'd tell her exactly what I thought of her if I had to deal with her again.
  • Bianca
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

No but I want to! I have this belt at the bridal shop that I want to add onto my dress, and I'm considering what jewellery to wear. I'm finding that to be surprisingly difficult. How about you?

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yikes ...I’ve seen other poor reviews of Nicoletta as well. It’s too bad. She comes across as wanting a sale more badly than actually helping a bride.

I went to Amanda Lina’s an hour later and got my dress there. Apparently Mona Richie and Amanda Linas are direct competition. Who knew there could be dress drama!!
  • Daniela
    Frequent user September 2020 Ontario
    Daniela ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    OMG LOL!! I got my dress at MonaRichie and this bride and her crew walked out at their appt with yup you guessed it... Nicoletta. Shes actually not kind at all! wel from what i saw. It sucks because the store has amazing gowns but youre right the experience is everything. Luckily my consultant was an angel everything I wanted and more! She treated me like her own daughter. It was great. Im sorry it didnt work out for you Smiley sad but hey! It happens for a reason. Happy you found your dress! Smiley smile
  • Julia
    Frequent user July 2019 Ontario
    Julia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I bought a symphony by venus dress at6609. I bought it at a wedding consignment shop and fell in love instantly. It definitely wasn't the look I was going for but its so me

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I got Venus (Pallas Athena) PA9303N.... No fancy name I suppose Smiley tongue

Pics on the model:

I for sure loved the fact that it had pockets - but I did have to try on a couple more before I decided it was the one.

I ordered my dress back in October and it arrived last month in February (4 months only!), but the beading snagged on the dress so they had to re-order it Smiley atonished I assume it will arrive in June or July Smiley smile Definitely glad I ordered it sooner rather than later though!

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Haha thanks!

I have my shoes:

and my hair piece, which I'm pairing with a birdcage viel:

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Her name was Nicoletta. Is that who you had?
  • Robyn
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Robyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you Smiley heart

I actually got the dress at MonaRichie - I wonder if we had the same consultant lol!!!!!

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I love love love the bottom of your dress! It’s absolutely gorgeous!

Im so sad that you had an awful bridal appointment though!!! One of my appointments was awful - it was at Mona Richie and the consultant didn’t listen to me at all, got flustered when I didn’t like anything she pulled, she ended up disappearing midway through my appointment. It was awful.

I really think your crappy consultant is messing with your image and feelings about your gown! When you get your gown back and it’s just you and the dress I’m sure you’ll fall in love all over!
  • Robyn
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Robyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I got a Cristiano Lucci dress. I'd never heard of the designer before, and when I saw it on the rack I thought it looked cute. I tried on a few others (during the most stressful appointment I've ever had in my life) and I liked it. My bridal party LOVED it and their enthusiasm was definitely infectious... and slightly distracting. I wasn't 100% in love with it but everyone else liked it and the horrible consultant was rushing me (after only 20 minutes of shopping) and kept talking about how they could change this and change that. So I bought it, and on the car ride home I cried lol. I ordered it in October and it still hasn't arrived. I'm hoping that when it eventually does come in and I try it on again, I actually like it. (In the pic I look happy so maybe I just got cold feet afterwards and trying it on will make me fall in love with it)

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I love the jewels on it! So sparkly!!
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    This is actually hilarious. I should try this out ahaha!
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That’s amazing!!

It clearly stuck with you though!

have you started looking for accessories?!
  • Bianca
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Surprisingly no! It was at the first store, but the dress was several sizes smaller than I currently am so I didn't even attempt to try it on. Well, about 7 weeks later I went back and needed to try it on. I was able to get it on but not zip it up and it was basically love lol.

• Leah
    VIP April 2019 British Columbia
    Leah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Tip: Every time you see a dress on tv or in a magazine or Instagram, show it to him and with a straight face tell him that’s what your dress looks like. Bonus points if you do it with the particularly hideous ones!
  • Allen
    Devoted April 2019 Ontario
    Allen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    A Mori Lee dress,not sure if it's a for and flair or a ball gown haha but I am in love!

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That is so amazing! I’ve heard so many brides tell me their first dress was the one. My dress was the second one I tried but similar to you I was always comparing every other dress.

I hope I get the same feeling when my dress finally comes in that you have! Also hoping time flies by and I get to see it sooner 😂😂
  • Tyanna
    Super June 2019 British Columbia
    Tyanna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    They told me 6 months but it was here in 5! I'm obsessed with it 💖
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Mine doesn’t know! But he’s been trying to ask questions to see if I’ll slip up - haven’t yet!
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I love yours!!!! Ahhh!! It’s so so beautiful! It’s a very similar style to mine.

how long did you have to wait for your dress to finally come in?!
  • Leah
    VIP April 2019 British Columbia
    Leah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Exactly.
    It’s a secret.
    Does yours know?
  • Audrey
    Curious August 2019 New Brunswick
    Audrey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I ordered mine in September and I just got it. Need alterations so I will go back in April for the fittings. It was the first dress I tried and I felt in love. I tried other dresses but it was always the first one. When I went to try it yesterday, I felt in love again. I do not regret my choice 😁

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics