Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Joey
WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland

Let's talk transportation

Joey, on February 15, 2018 at 08:05 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 11

Do you have a plan for transportation on your wedding day? How will you be traveling from the place you're getting ready, to your ceremony venue, to your reception venue, and to wherever you'll be spending the night? Are you renting a vehicle for a grand entrance, or a grand exit? How are you ensuring your wedding party and your guests get to the right places; are you sending everyone directions, or providing any transportation for them? Discuss your options, ask questions, and share pics of your fabulous rides!

Let's talk transportation 1

Photo by Alpine Limousine & Tours LTD. in Banff

11 Comments

Latest activity by Joey, on March 15, 2018 at 08:40
  • Joey
    WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland
    Joey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I rented a bus for my guests for the day, but for myself, I hopped in my dad's car. To fit my dress I had to slide the seat all the way back and also drop the backrest way down and kind of fall backwards into it, because I was in a very tight mermaid dress and was worried about creasing it. I wish I had that move on video, there was a little hop in there too so the skirt wouldn't brush against the car at all - not my most graceful moment but it worked!

• Jessica
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We rented a limo bus for our party. The guys will be getting to the church with their own vehicles, and the girls will be arriving in the limo. The parents and other guests will make sure the guy's vehicles make it back to the house.

Afterwards, we're all taking the limo to get to the reception and where we'll be taking the pictures. Our reception is in the hotel, so we don't need a ride home at the end of the night.

• Cathrine
    Devoted April 2018 Ontario
    Cathrine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We ended up renting an stretch SUV. Not what we wanted but with our size of wedding party it was our only option really if we wanted to travel all together and not get a bus. It will pick up the Men and take the to the church, then come get us ladies and bring us to the church. After the ceremony, it will take the wedding party to the reception venue across town where we will do picture and party.

• Laura
    Frequent user October 2018 British Columbia
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our ceremony and reception are in two different places so we'll probably be renting limos to transport the wedding party and a bus to transport out of town guests. Getting married in off season so I'm hoping it's not going to be insanely pricey.
  • Brianne
    Newbie September 2018 Alberta
    Brianne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm hoping to find a vintage car for me and my fiance, but no luck so far. I will continue looking, but if I can't find anything then I suppose it will be either a limo navigator or coach for us and the wedding party.

• Jen889
    Devoted May 2018 Quebec
    Jen889 ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Were renting a limo! It's going to pick up the wedding party as it heads out to us. It will drop the guys off at my house with FH. Pick me up, and off to the venue to get ready with all the girls.

At the end of the night, it's going to come pick us up and will be our ride home Smiley smile
  • Victoria
    Expert November 2019 Ontario
    Victoria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're getting married at a hotel/spa! We will be staying there the night before the wedding, and my MUA/Hair stylist will be coming to the hotel. The ceremony and reception are also right there as well, so we won't be needing any transportation!

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are going to be renting a vehicle for ourselves to go to the hotel with after the reception. Our ceremony and reception are at the same place, so we won't be providing transportation to guests.

We will be including directions on our wedding website. As well as information on public transit.

Our wedding party will be getting there on their own as well, since they will want their own vehicles there at the end of the night (most don't drink anyway, so that's not a concern for us).

• Elizabeth
    Frequent user June 2018 New Brunswick
    Elizabeth ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think we'll probably do something cheap to save some money, everything happens at the same place so there's no need to get anything too elaborate, I'd rather spend my money on other things for the big day! Will probably just do a taxi after and drive ourselves there!

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I actually have no idea what we'll be doing for transportation. First I need to decide on a wedding party, then go from there. If people get limos or cars, do they keep them all night to drive them home too? I have no idea what happens there tbh.

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We were staying on site so no transportation was needed for us except our two feet!

We hired transportation to bring the majority of our guests from the hotel to the venue. We had two different pick up times in the evening to take people home as well. We just hired a local company that provided a school bus which would accommodate most everyone.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics