Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Joey
WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland

Let's talk chair covers and sashes

Joey, on March 15, 2018 at 08:05 Posted in Wedding reception 0 25

Everyone's dressing up for the wedding - and that includes your chairs! Are you renting chair covers? Using any chair sashes? Are you using them to bring your color scheme into your decor, or are you masking some chairs that have seen better days? What will they look like when they're all done? How will your sashed be tied?

Who's going for a subtle touch of color? Let's talk chair covers and sashes 1

Who's going bold and blingy? Let's talk chair covers and sashes 2

Who is going formal? Let's talk chair covers and sashes 3

And who is going floral? Let's talk chair covers and sashes 4

25 Comments

Latest activity by Jessica, on April 11, 2018 at 10:17
  • Jessica
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I went bold with my chair covers. We did them in our wedding colours which were purple and green. So the cover was purple and the sashes were green.

• Jason
    Curious September 2018 Alberta
    Jason ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Unfortunately, our venue chairs are hideous so we have to rent chair covers but at least my finance found a sash that matches our colours

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Chair covers without the sashes worked for us.
  • Ashleigh
    Devoted August 2018 Ontario
    Ashleigh ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm not a fan of chair covers, we've rented some wooden chairs which works out to the same cost as covering the current ones with covers.
  • Marie-Claire
    Devoted August 2018 Quebec
    Marie-Claire ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're not sure yet, as we haven't seen what the chairs look like without the covers. The venue told us they look good, but I still want to them before making a decision. The cover rental isn't overly expensive, but it's an expense we could do without.

• Bethany
    Super July 2018 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I am doing gold chair covers and going to hopefully just do a knot! I'm hoping they don't clash with my other golds but I have a lot of gold going on so I'm hoping it just kind of blends.
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

No chair covers! The chairs aren't horrible-looking, and they are a dark blue--about 5 shades darker than the blue we are doing, but that's close enough for me. When I look back at reception pictures from friends' weddings, I rarely see the chairs anyway.

• Alexandra
    VIP November 2019 British Columbia
    Alexandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I absolutely hate chair covers so we decided to save the money and leave the chairs as is.
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Chair covers were included in our cost of the venue. Sashes were not part and wasn't needed.
  • Lyla
    Devoted July 2018 Alberta
    Lyla ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m doing satin ivory universal chair covers and navy polyester chair ties to match the table cloth! Originally I planned to do everything satin, but then I figured it might look to shiny. Im going for a vintage glam look, so I think the matte table cloths will help to tie that in Smiley smile
  • Karen
    Expert September 2018 Ontario
    Karen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm doing covers but not too sure with sashes yet...lol
  • Tatiana
    Expert April 2018 Ontario
    Tatiana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

No covers for us the chair are already so pretty, why cover them.

• Jen889
    Devoted May 2018 Quebec
    Jen889 ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Nothing for us! Our venue has beautiful white Chiavari chairs. Leaving them as is.
  • Laura
    Frequent user October 2018 British Columbia
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our ceremony venue comes with silver chevari chairs (which I love) and our reception venue has the standard banquet chairs that have seen better days. I really don't like chair covers but decided to rent them because it was cheaper than renting replacement chairs. The covers will be white with a very faint lace-like detail on them and no sashes or anything.

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our venue has them included in the package so we'll have them. They come with bling that can be added, so we're thinking of using teal or purple bling. The ceremony is the same, minus the bling so we are planning on adding ribbon to the aisle chairs

• K
    Expert September 2018 British Columbia
    Kim ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're having them. Bought them online from the states for less than $1.50 a piece and they do look nicer than the bare chairs our venue has. Doing white tablecloths with black overlays and white chair covers with black sashes.

• Jessica
    Frequent user August 2019 Ontario
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We're not doing chair covers. The venue supplies chmapgane chiavari chairs that are very nice! I may however do some small chair ties with fabric or ribbon and maybe a flower or greenery accent. These are some photos I'm using for inspo. I would obviously do the ribbons in the centre of the chairs. Thinking in the blush colour.

Let's talk chair covers and sashes 5

Let's talk chair covers and sashes 6

Let's talk chair covers and sashes 7
  • Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are renting gold chiavari chairs for the reception.

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We opted for banquet chairs with a little more cushion and they were gold and burgundy so we also got ivory covers for them so they didn't clash. No ties or sashes.

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

No chair covers for us! I personally just don't like the look of them/don't have the budget for it.

• Jennifer
    Super August 2018 Alberta
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We’re not renting chair covers or ties. Ive been to weddings where they just get stepped on and it’s another expense but we’re having an outdoor wedding so we’re not going for a classy look we want it to look rustic and a bit more laid back. Our chairs are white and I like that.
  • Emily
    Devoted November 2018 Ontario
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We're probably renting white covers offered by the venue covers, but it's only because my venue is a conservation area and the only chairs they have are platic green ones. Although, my colours are evergreen and burgundy, so maybe I'll just leave it to save the $3/chair since the colours match lol :p
  • Audrey
    Curious August 2019 New Brunswick
    Audrey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We Will put white chair cover. The chairs are purple and it won't fit the colors of my wedding. Usually it's $3 each but he can do it at $1.50
  • Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I don't think we are doing chair covers either! I have set them up and they are a huge hassle. I have went to weddings were they just did a sash and it slipped and fell off. I was going to do just a sash.

• Rosalyn
    Devoted August 2018 Alberta
    Rosalyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are not doing chair covers! Two reasons- our planner mentioned they are the biggest pain the butt about decorating AND every wedding I’ve been to with them my dress became more and more staticky due to the material. Silly reasons? Maybe but I don’t want to deal! Plus it’s a money saver not having them!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics