Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Lynnie
WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina

Let's talk bridesmaid hair and makeup!

Lynnie, on December 19, 2017 at 13:05 Posted in Beauty 0 15

What is your plan for bridesmaid hair and makeup?

Are you letting each bridesmaid choose their own style? Do you have a few options for them to choose from, or some overall guidance? Will they all have the exact same hairstyle?

What about the financial side? Are you paying for professional hair and makeup for your whole wedding party, or giving every the option to pay or DIY?

Share your plan and pictures!

Let's talk bridesmaid hair and makeup! 1

Photo from Blue Lavender Events in Toronto

For bridesmaid inspiration, check out: How to Build Your Bridesmaids' Looks , 7 Lovely Looks For Your Bridesmaids , and How to Help Your Bridesmaids Save Money !

15 Comments

Latest activity by Vanessa, on January 9, 2018 at 19:44
  • Vanessa
    Expert August 2018 Manitoba
    Vanessa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am having my hair done and my make up done. I am giving my girls the option of getting it done by the same person as they are paying for it themselves as they are paying for the dress themselves. I have picked the colour and lace but they can pick the style as long as its short as its an August wedding. They have free choice on what they want to do but my MOH is so awesome she is asking if I want their makeup or hair a certain way.

• Kristine
    Frequent user October 2017 Ontario
    Kristine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I let each girl pick their own hair style (they all wore their hair up since I had mine down).

I paid for hair/make up. I felt it was my responsibility to pay for it since I was the one who wanted everybody's hair and make up to be professionally done.

Also, the girls paid for their own dress, my bridal shower, and bachelorette... so this was the least I could do!

• Danielle
    Newbie June 2018 New Brunswick
    Danielle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Wow, these pictures are really nice, i'm not sure if i would look like this.

• Amber
    Devoted September 2018 Alberta
    Amber ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My girls are buying the dresses themselves, but I am paying for their hair and make up to be done, if they want it. For their dresses, all I asked is that they be the same color, but can be different tones and they can pick what dress best suites them and their style. If they would prefer to do their own make up or hair I am also all right with that. I just want them to enjoy the day and feel like themselves and be comfortable.

• Bethany
    Super July 2018 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My girls will be paying for everything but I have a specific look I want (I have a hair and makeup artist coming! Their hair will be up and my makeup artist will figure out what is best for them.
  • Amanda
    Super August 2018 Alberta
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My girls will be paying for everything themselves. But I let them choose most things.

They picked their style of dress, but I picked the colour. FH actually asked that they all wear the same dress... so I guess that’s a guideline from him. Haha

They’re all getting their hair done by my hairdresser, by their choice, and I’m letting them have final say on what they want to do, but I asked them to have it all up. They can do braids, or curls, or just in a bun, or whatever. Just up.

Makeup wise, they’ve decided to go with someone else. And I don’t blame them, my artist was $85 per girl. I just asked them not to do their own makeup... so one of my bridesmaids has a friend that she is going to ask to see if she could do makeup for all of them. Which would be really nice, cause then they would kinda match. One girl having a dark smoky eyes compared to a neutral tone might look kinda funny. Haha
  • Courtney
    Super July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think it is really important to look back at photos from my wedding day and see that

a) my girls and I look like ourselves

b) that everyone is happy cause they are comfortable with their outfit/style

So I'm letting them pick themselves. Due to budget I can't afford to pay for dresses or hair or make up (as much as I would love to and feel guilty about it).

The dresses they all agreed on a designer/price they liked - I just told them what colour I wanted. I have given each of them the option to have their hair and make up done by the girl I'm getting to do mine. Some are going to do that, some are doing their own thing.

• Holly
    Expert June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I was originally thinking of letting them do what they want but now that I've decided that they get to pick their own style of dress that I will decide on the hair style and makeup. I'm thinking a half up do with curls and natural makeup. Some of my BM wear too much dark makeup so I'd like to avoid that if possible.
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am letting them choose what they want, how they want to do it. Since it's their choice, they are paying for it. All of us are getting our hair done at the same salon. One bridesmaid is doing her own make-up, one isn't wearing any, and one is undecided but looking at getting someone to do it.

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I let my girls pick how they wanted their hair done. I had no particular preference. None of us wear a lot of makeup regularly so we all went with a natural look. I also paid for their hair and makeup.

• Michelle
    Super September 2018 Alberta
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm letting my 2 brides maids have free reign as long as it looks nice. I gave them the option of me covering part of their dresses or for me to cover hair and make up. I was honest and said I cannot cover both due to budget. They chose to have me covering a portion of their dresses so they said they will cover the hair and make up and their own. However, I still asked their budget just to make sure we're on the same page for hair and makeup.

• Victoria
    Expert November 2019 Ontario
    Victoria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I have 9 bridesmaids so I'm going to let them pick. There will be a nice variety that way. Haven't decided if I'm going to pay or not... I know its not expected, but might do it as a bridesmaid gift.

• Daphne
    Super July 2017 British Columbia
    Daphne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I let my MoH choose whatever she wanted to do for her hair and makeup. I wanted her to feel perfectly comfortable that day.

• Karen
    Curious July 2018 Alberta
    Karen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thankfully my soon to be sister in law is a hair stylist so I have no worries in that department, my girls not to sure yet probably up, and make up the only makeup I wear on a daily bases is just my eyes. So I'm debating to go full out for my dat or not. And the girls do whatever they want. As long as they don't look like monsters hahaha
  • Ashley
    Expert March 2018 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

This was my hair from my hair trial the day I picked up my dress!Let's talk bridesmaid hair and makeup! 2

I am wearing my hair up, so I have given my girls the option to wear their hair down or do a half up style. With make up they can chose whatever they feel comfortable with!

We are doing professional hair and make up, I gave the girls the option to use their services or to do it themselves. Everyone chose to be pampered so we are all getting it done professionally!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics