Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Seleena
Super September 2019 British Columbia

Let’s Talk About the Grooms!

Seleena, on June 18, 2019 at 11:59

Posted in Wedding fashion 49

I know we are all so excited to get married, but I haven’t seen much about the grooms and their outfits! Does your groom (or bride) have their outfit yet? What are the colours? My FH is wearing a light grey suit. We are pairing it with brown shoes and a belt, a dusty rose bow tie and suspenders. And...
I know we are all so excited to get married, but I haven’t seen much about the grooms and their outfits!
Does your groom (or bride) have their outfit yet?
What are the colours?
My FH is wearing a light grey suit. We are pairing it with brown shoes and a belt, a dusty rose bow tie and suspenders. And to throw in a little bit of ‘us’, he is wearing dark blue socks with trees and bears (that happen to fit perfectly with the colour scheme). I just so happened to find them the other day and HAD to get them.

Show me what your FH or FW is wearing! 😍

cfb_47477.jpg

cfb_47479.jpg

cfb_47481.jpg

cfb_47483.jpg

49 Comments

• Brittany
    Devoted August 2019 Alberta
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    FH is wearing a light gray tux. We are just renting. The tie will be slightly different as we ordered dusty blue to match the bridesmaids. We are also swapping the shoes for like a casual dress sneaker. Still brown leather and lace up. But like a halfway point between skater shoe and dress shoe. Comfier and more his style. And we got all of the groomsmen matching moustache socks in an array of bright colours. Smiley smile.

Let’s Talk About the Grooms! 1
  • Seleena
    Seleena ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh man, that is stressful! We bought my FH suit in January lol! Our wedding is in September. They were getting rid of last years stock so everything was 50% off. Hopefully you find one soon!

• Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My FH doesn't have his suit yet, which stresses me out. We're 80-days out and we still have lots to do!
    He's taking some days off, the the next couple of weeks, to go shopping for a suit. I don't really care about the color, as long as it fits nicely and he's comfortable in it! He's actually toyed with the idea of having a dark green suit, which I would LOVE to see. Can't wait for him to show me pictures of what he's found.

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

No - he's too simple and plain to do anything aside from a standard tux and watch lol wearing socks with stripes is a stretch for him at this point lol

• Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I don't know if want any socks to stand out or be seen if happen to be seen type thing. I know he more likely wouldn't want anything besides socks supposed to wear

• Seleena
    Seleena ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That sounds good! Maybe get some sapphire blue socks to match? Smiley winking

• Seleena
    Seleena ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

They're from The Bay! I found them in the mens area where they keep all the belts and fancy socks for special occasions Smiley smile

• Seleena
    Seleena ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Me too!

Do you have any other personal touches to add to his outfit? Cool socks are the thing to do haha

• Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Mine will be wearing light grey suit, not sure about socks lol, belt to match suit and then the vest is the same as girls dresses (sapphire blue) and same with ties

• Megan
    Curious July 2019 Alberta
    Megan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Where did you get those socks!? They match my FH outfit perfect and his personality!

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I love those socks!

My FH will just be in a standard black tuxedo. He is very plain and simple so he won’t wear any cool socks Smiley sad haha!
  • Seleena
    Seleena ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That sounds amazing! Blue and burgundy are all the new rage. They go so well together Smiley smile

• Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I don't have any pictures yet as we just picked it out. But he will be in a navy blue suit, with a burgundy bow tie, and brown shoes. I was very surprised that the rental comes with socks, so he picked out a cool printed blue sock that will match the suits!

• Seleena
    Seleena ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Ugh, I love me a good charcoal suit. I wanted my FH to wear charcoal, but he just didn't like it that much on himself lol.

That colour scheme is so good! I think if all the BM are in green, the GM are in purple, he should stand out and wear either green or something else to stand out perhaps?

• Seleena
    Seleena ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's so cute! I love those little personal touches. Would love to see a picture of it Smiley smile

• Chelsea
    Super June 2020 Alberta
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our wedding is still 11.5 months away, so we haven’t purchased anything yet, but we have decided my FH will be in a charcoal suit! Our colours are Emerald green, gold and purple, so we know he’ll have gold accessories and we’re still deciding between the green or the purple for his tie; my bridesmaids will be in the green, while his grooms maid and guys will be in the purple!
    I would love to hear from other brides what you think would look best!
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Don't have any pictures of it - but we got him a custom made suit that is a grey colour and he will be wearing a teal tie. Oh, and it says "Husband Material" on the inside Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics