Less than 2 weeks! Any tips? 3

6 Comments

Latest activity by Leanne, on September 6, 2018 at 11:25
  • Leanne
    Expert September 2018 Ontario
    Leanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

First of all your dress is stunning and i love the sign!

As for some advice:

- Ask your venue if they can pack a to go box of food for your and your FH, the chances that you will have time to eat...or even want to at that point is slim

- Makes sure you eat something! You are going to need your energy!

- Drink lots of water leading up to the wedding and all day of the wedding

- Makes sure you have snacks readily available

-Make sure everyone in the wedding party and important family members all have a copy or know what the timeline for the day is

- BEST ADVICE GIVEN TO ME: find a moment to sneak away with your husband** have a moment just between the two of you to soak the moment up!

• Leanne
    Expert September 2018 Ontario
    Leanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

This is absolutely amazing advice!!

• B
    Frequent user September 2018 Ontario
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Okay thank you all!! 💕😘
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    You look stunning in your dress!!!

Ok tips - remember not to wear a bra the day of your wedding leading up to putting your dress on (to avoid red marks from bra).

- Take a little time from the wedding to be with your hubby so you can really take it all in

- If things go wrong; LAUGH IT OFF! If you won't care about it in a year then don't spend time in the moment to care about it.

- Pack a sewing kit just in case!

- Chew gum or have a mint before saying "I do", that is not the kind of memory you want to make lol

• Gina
    Super April 2019 Alberta
    Gina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    So exciting! I love your dress! My advice is to drink lots of water. Avoid fast food and alcohol (both can interfere with sleep and how you feel) take some time for yourself and relax! Best of luck to you on your big day!!!
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

This is my last minute advice, based on my experience and what I wish others had told me:

If something goes wrong, it's okay! You'll still be married at the end of the day. Especially if its something small--no one else will remember it. No one will remember the lights in the backdrop weren't turned on (for example!) or that this vase wasn't in the right place.

You can't control the weather: what happens, happens, all you can do is go with the flow!

Take a look at the crowd during your ceremony. As you stand at the front, waiting to be announced as husband and wife, look out at everyone there. My friend told me to do this and it was one of the special moments, just seeing everyone together.

Give your phone to a friend to take pictures throughout the day so you have some to look through

Give your phone to someone in your bridal party the morning of to field any last minute calls or texts

Make sure anyone helping out knows what to do, where to be, when to be there. (My husband was recently asked to sell drink tickets, but he wasn't told that he had to be there for 5:30 when cocktail hour started so he came at 5:50, thinking he was just selling for dinner)

Make sure your clean-up crew knows what's yours to take home and where it should go/who should take it (I had made a list of everything and my MOH was taking everything. My friend made a list as well, but we had no idea who was supposed to take all the stuff and where it was supposed to go!)

Drink water! All day. You will probably sweat most of it off, especially if your dress has lots of layers!

Have snacks and water during pictures (it can feel long!)

Clear your bedroom floor of any hazards (my husband stubbed his toe the morning of our wedding when he first woke up and was limping all day!)

Go over your timeline with someone from your wedding party and have them buffer any questions about it (I got a few questions that I just didn't care what happened but they thought I would so they asked; such as dinner was scheduled for 5:15 but the venue said it would be ready for 5:30, late night snack ended up being done before the scheduled time so it came out half an hour early--fine with me, just don't ask me!) But, if you're not okay with any changes, let someone else know so they can field these questions.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics