Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Lindsay
Curious June 2019 Ontario

Kind of come to a halt

Lindsay, on May 14, 2018 at 14:25 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 11

I feel like there is something I should be doing for my wedding. No planning has really happened for a while now.

Wedding is June 22, 2019.

We have:

Asked wedding party

got wedding dress

picked venue

picked photographer

picked caterer

picked DJ

sent out save the dates

Is there something else I should be doing right about now??

11 Comments

Latest activity by Emily, on May 15, 2018 at 22:37
  • Emily
    Devoted November 2018 Ontario
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    When I was at the one year mark, I had everything you have right now. I then stopped any heavy duty planning for about 4 months while I finished up my degree. You can afford to kick back for a bit Smiley smile The wedding wire checklist has honestly been so helpful to know when certain things should be done.

Goodluck 😊
  • Summer
    Devoted May 2019 Ontario
    Summer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I feel the same way! We’re getting married on May 4th, 2019. We have our wedding party, booked the venue, photographer, officiant, & hotel blocks. I’ve also bought a dress and am in talks with caterers! Also have a tentative time line and songs for the dance. I just met with a decorator to get a vision for the wedding and see pieces we can rent. I feel like there’s so much more to do but I can’t find things.
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Sounds like you are super organized! Way to go!

• Mandy
    Devoted July 2019 Alberta
    Mandy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are getting married July 6, 2019. I have a florist, photographer, DJ, marriage commissioner, venue, started our centrepieces (as we are growing them ourselves they need time to be big and massive), and I hired someone to do my cake. I’m in the same boat I’m at a stand still right now which is nice.
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I agree with Lynnie that you seem to be right on track! I'm around where you are planning-wise and my wedding isn't until August 4, 2019.

• Lynnie
    WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina
    Lynnie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It sounds like you're crushing it so far! If there are other wedding vendors you plan on hiring I'd start that research next!

You can also use the Checklist in your account to see what's up next! Just use it as a order of wedding "to dos" instead of using the due dates. Smiley smile

• Kaitlyn
    Newbie June 2019 Ontario
    Kaitlyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Book your hair and make up ppl

look into suites and styles

flower girls and ring bearer

flowers / decorator ?

rehearsal dinner location / food ect/

centre pieces

wedding timeline

wedding bands

vowes/ speaches

engagement photos

songs - hat do you want to talk down the isle to, father daughter dance, first dance ect

• Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our wedding is June 1, 2019. So pretty much same timeline!
    We have:
    Wedding party
    Venue
    Photographer (not getting videographer)
    Caterers
    Cake
    Dress
    Save the dates/invitations (not sent out yet, still very early)
    We are talking to a DJ and some hotels for hotel blocks
    We plan to have about 70% of planning done by this November (baby's due date) and the rest will be easy small things and organizing.
    You're right on schedule, a bit a head actually since you will have over a year. Take a break, organize some things and prepare to continue in the next couple months.
  • Gina
    Super April 2019 Alberta
    Gina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Wow, you’re doing great! Only thing I can think of is an Officiant if you’re not getting married at a place of worship.
  • Lyla
    Devoted July 2018 Alberta
    Lyla ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Have you found a wedding commisioner/ officiant? Looked into the kind of decorations you want? Makeup and hair? Wedding songs? Day of timeline? Looked at wedding invitations? It’s really never too early to do these things 😊
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Oh wow! I completely get that feeling of feeling like there is more to do but realistically you seem to be all up to date considering your wedding is over a year away. The best thing I can think of to double check is the wedding wire checklist - otherwise just keep up the great work!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics