Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Daily
Expert August 2022 Ontario

Kids or no kids at the wedding

Daily, on March 16, 2022 at 19:01

Posted in Plan a wedding 64

Dear brides, are you guys doing adults only or inviting kids to your wedding? I have two kids so I am inviting some kids to my wedding. Like the closest friend kids and relatives. The youngest kid will be my sister’s 9 months old son at our wedding.
Dear brides, are you guys doing adults only or inviting kids to your wedding? I have two kids so I am inviting some kids to my wedding. Like the closest friend kids and relatives. The youngest kid will be my sister’s 9 months old son at our wedding.

64 Comments

• Daily
    Daily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I bet! It’s finally happening!
  • Daily
    Daily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That’s fair enough Malyssa. Yes I’m sure the new parents would enjoy the night off! 😁
  • Malyssa
    Expert October 2022 Alberta
    Malyssa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We said no kids, mostly because the "kids" in our lives are babies, and we really wanted our friends and family to have a night off from being parents and just enjoy themselves.

But, we've had to make one exception, as my FH brother doesn't live in the city, therefore, doesn't know anyone to watch his son (as everyone that would, would be at the wedding) so we have allowed him to be there. Its just known that my SIL is likely to leave early to put the babe away.

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

No matter the guest list size of wedding I have attended including mine, children are always included part of the family. Its part of being family oriented to have them seeing their cousins and having a blast on the dance floor and see them perform for loved ones getting married.

The way I see it, you can go this direction to be fair for the most part considering those parents that do have the time to see other kids to have fun and still keep busy with an activity table during the reception. The other direction is no kids for reception if you feel they should be excluded from the party time and just have them at the wedding itself to be fair for others with a babysitter for the evening.

• KELLY
    Super October 2023 Ontario
    KELLY ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    The youngest of our children will be 15 so we aren’t planning on inviting kids, although there is a special circumstance on my FH side so we may end up with 1 and the venue has offered to comp their meal
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I am so ready to walk down the aisle!! We've been waiting too long!!!

• Daily
    Daily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Aww that’s nice of her! Yes you need to have a well rested day. Please do and see what they say. Not hurt to ask.
  • A
    Super September 2022 Alberta
    Alyx ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Interesting, yes I will have a double check with them!

Yes she is one of the good ones for sure! She’s even helping the morning of with him so I can relax!
  • Daily
    Daily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Venue shouldn’t count the baby. My venue said he’ll do 50% for my kids but also he said if they eat out mom’s plates then no charge. I would have to double check with him. That's really nice that your mother in law taking your son with her for the night.
  • A
    Alyx ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    We shall see! We have told our vendors we are having 100 guests so our quotes have been on that price point. But is a 4-5 month old baby included in that head count? I’m not sure lol, it’s not like the baby we use a chair!
    We’d love to accommodate everyone children but just not in the budget for us!
    He will be at the venue just not in the reception, they have a big room with a tv and couches and then when my soon to be mother in law goes back to the hotel she will take him for the night
  • Daily
    Daily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh no!!! I hope they can find a sitter and make it a date night. Some babies are an angel and and some are not. I think it’s depends if they decide to bring their babies. Only moms knows their routine best. I’m sure they’ll want to enjoy themselves at the wedding too. So youre only having your son for the ceremony but not the reception? Or you are bribing the babysitter to your wedding?
  • Daily
    Daily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Aww. Totally understand. Everything is expensive especially wedding!!😭😭
  • Daily
    Daily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Wow!! Look at you!! You are ready to walk down the aisle!! I think I’m easily panicked! We have to do the suit too. Only my husband and 8 years old brother and baby nephew. Not bad
  • A
    Alyx ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are having our son for the ceremony and flower girls and immediate family which is a couple older kids but that’s it. On our website we made it clear that we are only able to accommodate for our immediate family’s children.
    I’m a little nervous though because we’ve had some friends just have babies.. I’m not going to tell someone they can’t bring their infant 😬🤷🏼‍♀️
    I don’t think a reception is a place for children but I also think it’s a good excuse for parents to have a night out on their own! My son is 1 he will be almost 2 so I have a baby sitter in place for the reception

• Hailey
    Expert June 2022 British Columbia
    Hailey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yeah otherwise I would be all open for it but since it's a small wedding, trying to keep costs down and with only two family members with some kids the rest are all just couples it doesn't really make sense for us... Otherwise I would say bring all the kids haha I work with children so I adore being around them.

• Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's not too much!! You will be fine don't stress too much!

I only have to go and get my dress altered in May, we're going to look at suits next week and I just have to print off our invites in the next couple of weeks. Everything else is done!

• Daily
    Daily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh no!! I am not. I feel like I’m scrambling right now😭😭😭 I have get my wedding dress ham get the girls dress. We have to finalize our invitations next week. And work on my centerpieces
  • Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Me too!!! I'm getting more and more excited!! I'm actually very calm since having everything ready for the past 2 years has probably been the reason why I've been so calm lol

• Daily
    Daily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Haaahha!! Amanda that’s funny. I can’t believe our wedding is approaching faster than I thought 😭😭😭 I’m feeling so anxious
  • Daily
    Daily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    They’ll be honor to to be there.
  • Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hahaha I would probably do the same thing!

• Daily
    Daily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hahaha!! Sounds good! Yes I mean all my friends and family know me so. I’m going to give them one side eye to excuse themselves if the kids are acting crazy 😂😂😂
  • Liberty
    Featured May 2022 Alberta
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Not at all! And of course we want our step siblings celebrating with us!
  • Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hahaha that's so true. The kids that will be attending our wedding are our close friends kids and they are all so well behaved we don't expect to them to go crazy lol

• Daily
    Daily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Ahhh I see. So it won’t be bad.
  • Liberty
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yes exactly and I imagine they will both go home shortly after dinner. One always wants to be with their friends and one is very antisocial
  • Daily
    Daily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Ok sounds fair. Especially if the 60 are mostly couple then I can see your point.
  • Daily
    Daily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I see that make sense! Plus 14 and 15 are enough to be on their best behaviour 😂😂
  • Hailey
    Expert June 2022 British Columbia
    Hailey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My fiance and I decided no kids due to us having 60 people and only two guests have kids... otherwise of it was a larger wedding we would probably say yes
  • Liberty
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are having no kids basically (made an exception for both our step siblings who are 14 and 16) it just made sense to not have kids since we are trying to keep our guest count as low as possible.
  • Daily
    Daily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Same!! Sounds about right here. They only need to behave for 30-45 mins for ceremony. 😂I’m usually strict but I won’t be a bridezilla😂😂😂
  • Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My fiance and I are inviting kids. We only have a handful of them less then 10 total

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics