Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Rachel
Newbie June 2020 Alberta

Kids at wedding?

Rachel, on May 9, 2017 at 06:04 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 12

Hello, I really don't know if to invite kids at my wedding...Who is inviting kids? How many?

Thanks

12 Comments

Latest activity by Kaytee, on July 20, 2017 at 14:22
  • Kaytee
    Devoted September 2017 Alberta
    Kaytee ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We get mixed reviews but we are inviting kids. Only family though. We cut it off here. Otherwise, we would have 40 kids instead of 15 kids. We will have 4 newborns there as well. I think it will be fun. I find that kids always add to a wedding more than they take away from it.

• Laura
    Super September 2017 Alberta
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I have had 2 cousins that indicated no kids at the wedding and it was right on the invitation that the ceremony and were kid free. It was very polite but also very to the point.

• Jodi
    Frequent user September 2018 Alberta
    Jodi ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

So how do you politely tell your guests that their are no kids?

• Jessica
    Frequent user July 2018 Nova Scotia
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The only kid at my wedding will be my step-son, and he will be leaving right after dinner... It's your decision and people just have to respect that! my main reason for not wanting them is because I want everyone to be able to relax, have drinks and party... My venue is in the woods with a bonfire, lake and hottubs... not really suited for children

• Hannah
    Frequent user March 2019 Nova Scotia
    Hannah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I have decided to not invite children to our wedding except for our 3 nephews. I would feel comfortable and confident that they will not be trouble makers or do something they shouldn't be doing. That being said if they did do something not ideal, I would be comfortable to tell them to stop or get their parents involved.
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our wedding is away from home and as some people are camping for the weekend we asked that people not bring their children or their dogs. The only children who will be at the wedding are my FH's sisters's children as 2 of them will be ring bearers and the others are quite young and there is no one left at home to watch them. I am not opposed to children at adult functions but I feel like too many of them will create a bit of chaos (as seen when all our nephews get together and there are only 4 of them lol). Most of our friends and family were very understanding and are excited to have a date weekend for our wedding.

• Sasha
    Super October 2017 Ontario
    Sasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are only having my nieces and nephews at the wedding but they are all over the age of 10. I have friends with babies but we prefer to just invite the adults. What I am planning to do with the invitations is having it say "we have reserved ___ seats in your honour" or something like that. So that way its not assumed that everyone's kids are invited.
  • Tiffany
    Devoted October 2017 Ontario
    Tiffany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are having immediate family kids only (so like 3) - as we are limited due to venue capacity. I would love to have them, just won't work unfortunately!

• L
    Devoted September 2017 Saskatchewan
    Lyz ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We invited children to our wedding because we wanted everyone to be able to come and not have to worry about finding a babysitter (ours is over labor day weekend) and a lot of our family would be travelling. for the most part, kids keep themselves entertained at a wedding with dancing. (we are handing out glowsticks and a bunch of fun things to keep the kids entertained-glowsticks were a hit at my brother in laws wedding. ) in regards to how many, I think it's around 20-30 children we invited
  • Katherine
    Super September 2017 New Brunswick
    Katherine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    It was important to us to include kids... We have invited 30... I remember having so much fun at my uncles weddings when I was little... From past experiences, kids make the wedding (they are the only ones guaranteed to dance)
  • Kate
    Expert July 2017 Ontario
    Kate ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Nope, no Kids @ Our Wedding. I really don't think Kids should be @ an adult Function. They don't need to be exposed to Adults Drinking and hearing language that little ones don't need to hear.

• Zoë
    Master June 2020 Ontario
    Zoë ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Rachel, I was so happy to read you in the community! Welcome! How many kids or you counting on? Maybe you can take a look at these discussions and see what the other brides are saying: Kids at the wedding and Kids or no kids?. Take a look and let me know what you think! I can't wait to read your opinion and ideas Smiley smile How are you preparations going? Smiley heart

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics