Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Joey
WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland

Keep Or Skip Round 2 - The Engagement Party

Joey, on December 11, 2017 at 08:22

Posted in Before the wedding 50

We want to know what wedding customs and traditions you are keeping and which you are skipping. In this week's game, it's all about pre-wedding traditions. Are you keeping or skipping having an engagement party? Photo by Kat Rizza Photography in Toronto >>Click here to go to the next question,...

We want to know what wedding customs and traditions you are keeping and which you are skipping. In this week's game, it's all about pre-wedding traditions.

Are you keeping or skipping having an engagement party?

cfb_20309.jpg

Photo by Kat Rizza Photography in Toronto

>>Click here to go to the next question, Save The Dates?

50 Comments

• Stephanie
    Frequent user May 2018 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We had an engagement party because we had a long engagement so we had a lot of time. It was also the first engagement in my fiances family so it was worth celebration Smiley smile

• Alli
    Frequent user November 2019 Alberta
    Alli ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Keep! My fiancé's parents threw one for his brother and sister-in-law and they really wanted to do one for us too! We're definitely keeping it relaxed and low key, just lots of drinks, food, and fun! 😊
  • Alexa
    Frequent user December 2017 Alberta
    Alexa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We didn't have a formal engagement party. Lots of congratulations with different family and friends at dinners, parties, etc.
  • Amanda
    Super August 2018 Alberta
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We skipped this.
  • Bethany
    Super July 2018 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We skipped the engagement party! I wanted one but we didn't have time for one.
  • Dani
    Frequent user February 2018 British Columbia
    Dani ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We skipped it, it didn't feel necessary
  • M
    Expert July 2018 Alberta
    Marina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Skeep. We kind of did, back in Europe. My fiancé surprised me (TOTALLY didn’t see it coming) and my mom called friends and a band and a caterer to celebrate (darn she’s fast when it comes to celebration)

however we are not doing anything more than this. So both keep and skip I guess.
  • Jen889
    Devoted May 2018 Quebec
    Jen889 ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Keep. Were combining it with our housewarming party in January.
  • Carmela
    Devoted April 2019 Ontario
    Carmela ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My fiancé wanted to have an engagement party, but I was on the fence about. Although I lost that battle, our engagement party is in April but I’m still looking for venue to hold it.
  • Daphne
    Super July 2017 British Columbia
    Daphne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We skipped it since our wedding was seven months after us getting engaged. No need for so many parties, and expenses, in such a short amount of time.

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Skip. I don't really see the point.

• Shaina
    Frequent user April 2019 Ontario
    Shaina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Skipping. I've never known anyone who did one, and I honestly don't see the point.

• Kayla
    Newbie June 2018 Ontario
    Kayla ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I skipped the party personally. Theres so much going on with other parties like Stag and Does as well as Bridal shower and bachelorette/ bachelor parties that I felt it was way to many get togethers to expect everyone to go to.

• Tracy
    Devoted September 2018 Ontario
    Tracy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Keep! We got engaged in April and my fiances aunt threw us an engagement party in their backyard in July! It was great!
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Skip. Friends are throwing us a couples shower, and someone called it our engagement party. But, it's closer to the wedding date than the engagement date, so I consider it a shower.

• Tatiana
    Expert April 2018 Ontario
    Tatiana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

No engagement party for us, just had a dinner with my side and a dinner with his side of the family to celebrate but very informal.

• Maegan
    Super July 2018 British Columbia
    Maegan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Skip. but we announced our engagement to all of our friends at our annual christmas party so almost was like an engagement party haha.
  • Ap2017
    Super September 2017 Ontario
    Ap2017 ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Keep! We had ours about 2 weeks after getting engaged. Informal backyard BBQ

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics