Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Kelly
Expert September 2019 Manitoba

Just here to complain

Kelly, on May 2, 2019 at 13:25 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 20

We got our invitations from Minted, which comes with free envelope addressing. AMAZING! I sent our guest lists to both sets of parents to double check everything.

So here we are. Invitations ordered. Received them about a month ago. Put them all together, glued shut, stamped, ready to be taken to the post office, and I get a text from my mom:

"Have you sent the invitations yet?"

"No."

"Okay great, there's a few spelling mistakes that need to be fixed"

"What? how many?"

"Around 10"

"...10!!???!"

THIS IS WHY I SENT YOU THE GUEST LIST TO DOUBLE CHECK BEFORE WE ORDERED!!!!!!!

ken. you. nawt.

20 Comments

Latest activity by Seleena, on May 14, 2019 at 14:20
  • Seleena
    Super September 2019 British Columbia
    Seleena ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It could be worse. At least you know now before the seating chart and stuff?

I went to a wedding a couple years ago, my friend who's named Jenais was spelled JEANS......yes, jeans. Everyone was calling her jeans for the rest of the night. And another friend of mine was spelled wrong on the seating chart as well. I find this more embarrassing than the invitation cause the whole world is seeing it.

It's okay, it happens. Just make sure it's right for the rest lol

• A
    Devoted October 2019 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Well that makes sense. Wow that's a lot of people. We have about 40 coming from another province but was planning on sending them out at the end of the month we the deadline sept 13, month before the wedding.

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Well, we have 250 people for our wedding - with about 50 coming from 5 hours north of the city. Plus we have a 2nd wave of invites we want to send out if we get no's so we ask that they let us know by july 5th, then we send out the second wave and ask they rsvp by sept. 5th which is a month before our Oct. 5th wedding.

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    It sucks but don’t redo it. Mistakes happen. I would just make a joke about it later. One time this couple spelled a name wrong (they added an e to the last name) and during their speech they said something like “ the guest list is done but we have a couple E’s leftover. What should we do with them?” “Just stick them in someone’s name, no one will notice”. It was a good laugh and this couple seemed to enjoy it too.
    I also sent out save the dates with the wrong year (so the wedding was in the past). We then sent out another email saying it was the practice round and we will have all our ducks in a row for the invitations and won’t send people to a different city for our wedding. I was stressed about it for awhile but I can laugh about it now.
  • A
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Wait you are getting RSVP's already? I haven't even sent mine out yet and we both get married in the same month. Guess I need to get on that.

• A
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Ok now that IS bad, and yet kind of funny too. At least it's not on the seating chart.

• Tori
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Heck, I just received an RSVP via email - and she spelt not only my FH's name wrong, but MY own name wrong!!!! It's on the dang invite.... (His is Kael - she spelt it Kale, min is Tori - she spelt it Tory)

• A
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I am with you on the not really worried part, I get it's frustrating but at the same time, people misspell names all the time.

• Emily
    Frequent user August 2019 New Brunswick
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

If its not an address that's wrong I wouldn't worry. most you can do is apologize to them if they say anything but send them anyways, no ones perfect

• Amanda
    Expert July 2022 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

This is something I am sure you will laugh at after all is said and done. This is something I could see my parents doing as well, but after hearing this story will try my best to not let this happen!

I am wishing you a smooth ride for the remainder you have left!!! Smiley smile

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Its hard to believe your mom would let you know so late and rather hard than usual. It could have been smoother and earlier to hear that there were mistakes and correct them before you send them out. What have you chosen to do to avoid all the spelling mistakes on all the cards?

Are you able to get Minted to reprint the invitations making the corrections and send out to you without charging you? I would hope they have great service and say no problem we will take care of you.

• Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Oh no!! that is very frustrating! Are you able to place a new label on top of the old one with correct spelling?

• Amanda
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

First of all .......... "ken.you.nawt." Dead.

That sucks.. did you tell her that yes you haven't mailed them but they've been printed.... she should pay for 10 new invites.. I would be sooooooooo annoyed... 10 is a lot.

• Cindy
    Devoted July 2019 Ontario
    Cindy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I sent out my invitations already and the rsvps are starting to come back. Based on an RSVP I got back I misspelled a name. I dont think it's a big deal, they didnt say anything but just spelled it correctly on the RSVP. Maybe for the seating plan just triple check those names to make sure they are spelled correctly. But if it's just an envelope a label would be an easy fix too.
  • Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Wow!!! So frustrating.
    Some people may not notice it, but you could always just put a label over like the other ladies have said. They won’t know exactly how it was supposed to look
  • Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I would just send them and place the blame where is belongs if anyone says anything..
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Omg! I share in your annoyance!

can you just make a new label and stick it on the envelope?
  • Tori
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Honestly????

See at this point I would

A) see how much time/money it would cost to fix it

B) not care and send them out and if people questioned it I would say all I know is that I typed what I was given and I apologize if there was a spelling error. (As long as the error isn't on the address part and only the name)

• Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I would have lost my mind!!
    Stuff like this has been happening to be my entire planning process so I get how you feel.
  • Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Ugh that sucks!! She really should have told you ahead of time! Smiley angry

Is it just the addressed envelopes that are wrong, or the actual invites/inserts themselves? If it's just the envelopes, you could always put a label over the misspelled name - it won't look as pretty, but most people probably won't care/keep the envelopes.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics