Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Kelsey
Frequent user June 2022 Ontario

Is your wedding date a special date in your relationship?

Kelsey, on June 21, 2021 at 18:52

Posted in Plan a wedding 42

Did you pick your wedding date to coincide with any special date in your relationship? Maybe it's your anniversary of dating, your first date, etc? I'm curious how many people do this. I think it's cute and a thoughtful touch to have your wedding date shared with another important date to the two of...
Did you pick your wedding date to coincide with any special date in your relationship? Maybe it's your anniversary of dating, your first date, etc? I'm curious how many people do this.

I think it's cute and a thoughtful touch to have your wedding date shared with another important date to the two of you. For me personally, our anniversary is in February and we're in Ontario, and I'm not interested I'm having a winter wedding so that date did not factor into choosing our wedding date πŸ˜‚

42 Comments

• Kelsey
    Frequent user June 2022 Ontario
    Kelsey Β·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That's really sweet! Both of our parents got married in August and both our moms birthdays are in August so we felt like that was already too busy of a month to add more to lol. His parents are August 10th, mine are August 11th, I always thought it would be cute if we did the next sequence day before or after, but now realistically looking at it, it's much too busy to do that.
  • K
    Beginner September 2024 British Columbia
    Katherine Β·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Sort of! My in laws got married on the 9th, my brother in law is getting married on the 9th, so now we are getting married on the 9th! It's just a cute little tradition we've started in the family Smiley smile

• Megan
    Frequent user July 2023 Ontario
    Megan Β·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Sort of. I was never stuck on a date or anything, we just knew the time of year we wanted based on when I finish school. So we just said July or August, however our venue had almost every Saturday open since we aren't until 2023 so we ended up picking July 22nd because our dating anniversary is March 22nd. Makes it easier to remember lol!

• Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda Β·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

For the two of us, not really. We just knew we wanted it to be during the summer when it's the hottest weather, so we chose August

• Stacey Tc
    Devoted August 2022 Saskatchewan
    Stacey Tc Β·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our original date was May 7th, which was the night he proposed. (Was super sad to have to move it)

We ended up with August because it's close to our anniversary date of September. We didn't want September because his 2 sisters, his parents, 5 sets of his aunts/uncles, my MOH and 2 of our mutual friends are all married in September.

• Emma
    Beginner June 2022 Ontario
    Emma Β·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Mine is as close to our dating anniversary/ proposal anniversary as I could get. (Our anniversary is on a Wednesday next year, so we picked a Friday). But it is also the day before my birthday so when midnight comes...happy birthday to me!

• Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne Β·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We were going for the off peak times. We could pick Jan or Feb dates. We started with Feb 20, 2021 but had to change to January 29, 2022. Off peak is just way easier for us and our guests to get time off. FH is in service industry and I'm in healthcare getting time off in summer is a nightmare, trying to coincide that time off is impossible not to mention any coworkers we may want to invite would probably not be able to get prime time off either. I think trying to get away every year for our honeymoon will be incredible as well 😊
  • Liberty
    Featured May 2022 Alberta
    Liberty Β·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our original anniversary is August 17, 2017. I originally wanted to get married August 21, 2021 since it's close to our anniversary and kinda has the same numerical pattern. We got engaged December 2020. I thought 8 months might be a bit tight to plan a wedding and thought 2021 would be too unpredictable for a wedding with covid. We ended up going with May 22, 2022 so it still had a similar numeric pattern and we first met in May 2017 and moved in together in May 2019!
  • C
    Super December 2020 Ontario
    Carmel Β·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our original date was NYE because we love NYE! We thought this way it's a guaranteed way to always enjoy our NYE and my husband will never forget the date πŸ˜‚. Because of Ontario's second lockdown, we had to postpone only 10 days out but we still got married on that date. We had our ceremony and reception then on March 13th, which is my birthday πŸ™ŒπŸ™ŒπŸ™Œ leave it to me to make sure I get a birthday party πŸŽ‰
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank Β·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We originally tried to get as close to our anniversary as possible, which was December. We also weren't a fan of being a hot mess in the summer but with covid, we had no choice but to postpone. We compromised for September so we could keep things outside in the event covid was not behind us but it won't be as hot as peak summer in June-August.

We also had to pick a date that was auspicious for weddings based on the Chinese calendar so that knocked off a bunch of options for us.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics