Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Kelsey
Frequent user June 2022 Ontario

Is your wedding date a special date in your relationship?

Kelsey, on June 21, 2021 at 18:52 Posted in Plan a wedding 1 42
Did you pick your wedding date to coincide with any special date in your relationship? Maybe it's your anniversary of dating, your first date, etc? I'm curious how many people do this.

I think it's cute and a thoughtful touch to have your wedding date shared with another important date to the two of you. For me personally, our anniversary is in February and we're in Ontario, and I'm not interested I'm having a winter wedding so that date did not factor into choosing our wedding date 😂

42 Comments

Latest activity by Brittany & Ryan, on July 15, 2021 at 17:51
  • Brittany & Ryan
    Beginner July 2022 Ontario
    Brittany & Ryan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our wedding date will be our 7th anniversary! 22/07/22

We are also from/getting married in ontario, but are living out in the prairies.
    July is definetly going to be hot for us as were not use to the Ontario humidity anymore!

• Marcie
    Newbie May 2022 Ontario
    Marcie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I wanted my parents anniversary as our date but it wasn’t available so I picked the weekend before
  • Merryam
    Newbie August 2021 British Columbia
    Merryam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

27 is a super special number to us!

- Our birthdays are both on the 27th day of the month

- We first met on Feb. 27 and became official exactly a month later on March 27

- We got engaged on our 2-year anniversary

- When we originally postponed our wedding ceremony, the Saturday available at our venue was August 27, 2022... when we decided we didn't want to wait until 2022, we realized August 27 this year is a Friday, so that's now when we're getting married 🥰

• Celine
    Frequent user October 2022 Quebec
    Celine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We didn’t want a winter wedding in Montreal, we started dating January 11, 2008. We finally got engaged during COVID last summer, July 30th for my birthday. We tried for a date with 11 but November was not an option, too cold and the 11th was either a weekday or booked in the months we considered for 2022. We decided on July 1, 2022 even though it’s a Friday to get a better price on vendors vs Saturdays and most of our family is from all around Canada so it would automatically be a holiday and easier for people to attend our wedding.
  • Taylor
    Newbie August 2021 Alberta
    Taylor ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We wanted it to be 1 year after we got engaged but all the groomsmen and grooms birthday are the weekends leading up to that date and I DID NOT want to pay for their birthday party that would've happened at the reception. So we moved it to 1 year and 1 month after 🤣

• Celine
    Frequent user October 2022 Quebec
    Celine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Love ❤️ that
  • C
    Beginner June 2022 Ontario
    Carrie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm the same i really like the idea of making it on a date that is special already in your relationship. For us though we didn't do this as there we definitely events we didn't want to over shadow with our wedding. Like the date we started dating is the same day on his sister birthday, we also liked the idea of a winter wedding but we have kids and there birthdays,Christmas, new years falls all around the winter months so didn't do that. Instead we picked a June wedding.
  • Tunisha
    Super October 2021 Ontario
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hahahahahah! I like your fiancé’s reaction. 😂

Yes for FALL 🍁 weddings!! 🥂
    Our date we are hoping for was October 2nd, venue booked up. According to the venue, someone was going to quit on October 8th, so we were hoping of it. Also it was mum’s birthday. Haha! Then we received an email that October 16th was open and we jumped on it. Because we put a soft hold for November 19th and we were not planning for that late. It was stressing me out for a bit. But now I’m good with this date, especially since we’ll get our house on October 19th (hopefully sooner).
  • Ashley
    Newbie October 2022 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I wanted a fall wedding. I originally picked October 1, 2022 for no reason other than it's an easily memorable date. Well, our venue is booked on that date so we went with the following weekend which is October 8, 2022. I was hesitant at first since it's Thanksgiving weekend, but my fiancé convinced me otherwise when he said, "It's Thanksgiving, nobody cares about Thanksgiving." Smiley xd

• Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I love this!!! Smiley heart Smiley heart Smiley heart

• M
    Newbie September 2021 Quebec
    Magda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

September 5th is our dating anniversary and the date he proposed to me, so we chose this date to get married. Smiley heart

• Jess
    Curious May 2023 British Columbia
    Jess ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My fiance was almost born on a Friday the 13th and ended up loving horror movies and all things occult do we were originally gonna do October 13th but we were concerned about the weather at our venue. We've move it to the day in between our birthdays May 13th which I'd a Saturday ahaha
  • Laura
    Beginner August 2022 Ontario
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My fiancé and I always wanted a summer wedding and picked August 20th, 2022 when my best friend said she was planning on getting married the same year and offered to give us first dibs for any date (to avoid conflicting dates, we're in each other's weddings haha!)

Coincidentally, my fiancé and I had this conversation on August 20th, 2020. We shared the date with my grandmother who was in the hospital at the time, and she said she would be there in spirit. A few days later, she passed away. So now the 20th is important for us both, because it was also the date we told my grandmother. I like to think she'll send us beautiful weather for the day, and she'll be there in my heart as we celebrate Smiley smile
  • Jessica
    Newbie August 2021 Ontario
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We met around the end of August in 2010 and started dating 3 years later September 01 2013, we decided to pick a date between the two and are getting married August 28th 2021
  • Sarah
    Expert August 2021 British Columbia
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our original date was August.29th 2020 but the COVID restrictions were ridiculous with no dancing and limited guests so it will be August.29th 2021 I had no idea why but I was drawn to the date enough to keep the date and have a Sunday wedding..Turns out August 29th is my grandmothers birthday she passed away when I was 8 years old and the family fell apart shortly after so I never knew her birthday.This year would have been her 80th birthday so I’m trying to track down a specific picture of her in a party hat to have at our signing table.
  • Gift
    Frequent user October 2021 Alberta
    Gift ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Can never go wrong girl! Haha you will 🥰🙌🏼
  • Tunisha
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yaaaayyyy for fall weddings! Can never go wrong with that! Hahaha! I need to see your photos after! 😂
  • Tunisha
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    OH MY! So exciting!! Wishing you both all the best on your special day (on Monday!!) 🎉🥳💐
    He got the words eh. Hahahaa! I love it!!!!! 💕👏🏾
  • Tanis Russell
    Newbie June 2021 Ontario
    Tanis Russell ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My wedding is on Monday, which coincides with my fiancé’s birthday. That was his wish as I am his greatest gift (his words not mine) ☺️
  • Gift
    Frequent user October 2021 Alberta
    Gift ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Ours was very random lol. We moved it twice but I’m so excited for a fall wedding 💃🏻
  • Kelsey
    Frequent user June 2022 Ontario
    Kelsey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    A VERY good reason! 😂
  • Alexis
    Devoted July 2021 Ontario
    Alexis ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our date was specially chosen for a time when fish flies would be dead ☠️
    Not a romantic reason but a solidly good reason 🤣
  • Jenelle
    Curious July 2023 Alberta
    Jenelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our wedding date is set for July 1st, which is also the same date as my FH’s parents and grandparents got married. So we will be the 3rd generation of his family to have that date as a wedding date, so yes, a little bit of sentimentality to the date! ☺️
  • Mandy
    Curious May 2024 Alberta
    Mandy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our wedding date will be either on the 22nd of May which is the same day we got engaged or the 25th of May which is the same day as our anniversary but close to the engagement date (our anni is Jan 25th) one of the two lol not sure yet which one but the 22nd seems to be a unique date for our relationship
  • Darren
    Frequent user May 2021 Ontario
    Darren ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our pre-covid wedding date of August 15, 2020 was meant to be on our 3rd anniversary date. Our actual wedding date May 15, 2020 is special because the month of May has alot of sentimental value for my family. My parents were married on May 5th, my Aunt is the 17 & my grandparents May 30. That’s over 50 years of experience and what better way to keep that tradition alive.
  • Brianna
    Curious March 2023 British Columbia
    Brianna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Until we got engaged Aug.14/2020, we didn't have an anniversary, we have been together for 8ish years but there was never a start date, we just started hanging out and never stopped! So with that in mind, for me it was more of a number! 18! It has been my lucky number for years.

My birthday is April.18th, his is December.18th, and so we decided as long as it was on an 18th we would be happy! We are hoping for March.18th/2023

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our wedding date was chosen for the reason of the season and month to be closer to the summer end. It happened so that the venue we booked with had an opening and we picked that date in August quickly to confirm. Our anniversary is August 25. It does have a resemble to other dates: 1 month after husbands birthday 4 months before Christmas day Same day as one of childhood friend second wedding 1 year ahead of in laws anniversary the day before Same day as my little sisters birthday (close friend known for years)
  • Tunisha
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our wedding date is not that special, as we just received the date last week. It was changed to October 16th at a lovely wedding spot to have the ceremony and reception in one area. But it works as I get to have a FALL WEDDING! Hahahaha!
  • Desiree
    Frequent user August 2021 Ontario
    Desiree ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Ok so when we first started planning we wanted the date we started dating sept 3 rd 2021 but that was just to close to the kids starting school, so next option was I wanted a 7 in the date then we thought of the months with hardly any family birthdays. Which fall in aug but aug is kinda a hard month because my brother passed in aug 2018 and my dad had a stroke aug 2020 but we still ended up with aug 07 2021 hopefully bring a little happiness to aug.
  • A
    Newbie September 2021 Ontario
    Ann ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our date initially was booked during a date that worked with all of our family abroad, July 31st (also the last summer Saturday available during COVID). And then because of COVID we had to change it. The only date available for all of our vendors was ironically 9/11... at least my husband will never forget our anniversary.

• Samantha
    Super June 2021 Ontario
    Samantha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our original date was July 25 2020 which was our first date anniversary. I had never wanted a summer wedding, but since that date landed on a Saturday that year it just seemed too perfect. When we decided to postpone we just went with a date that worked with all of our vendors that were already booked, which I think turned out better since it was late spring/early summer so it wasn't as hot which was nice since we had an outdoor ceremony/reception.
  • Christiana
    Super November 2020 British Columbia
    Christiana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our wedding date was our third anniversary. We got engaged in December 2019 and we knew we wanted to get married the next year. When we were looking at dates we realized our anniversary fell on a Saturday and so that was our first choice.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics