Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Marie
Beginner October 2018 Ontario

Invites- letter mail or email?

Marie, on April 15, 2018 at 19:14 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 18
We are having an intimate wedding of 50 people- closest family & friends only. One of my bridesmaids is a graphic designer and make awesome save the dates that we sent out via email. Is it tacky to also send out the invites via email? Everyone who we’re inviting has an email address (that they check!) Or do people like receiving these via letter mail? (RSVPs will be requested to WW website.)

18 Comments

Latest activity by Michelle, on April 22, 2018 at 17:18
  • M
    Beginner September 2019 Ontario
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We needed to save costs so we actually got a super good deal on vista print for our save the dates, and with that we added our wedding wire free website on the back saying please go to the website above to RSVP and for more wedding information. This way we saved on postage, invitations, and time! I'm not sure how people will feel about this (especially the older ones) but its our day and we did not want to get in over our heads financially so this was a way to cut a big cost.

• M
    Devoted August 2018 Ontario
    Megis ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm doing a bit of both. Some guests are on Facebook others are close by so I would mail the invites too them. Also want to mail invites because I have a small wedding party of 30 guests and I'm DIY-ing the cards and envelopes.
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We used paperlesspost.com

• Erin
    Super September 2019 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm doing everything via email. Not only is it less expensive, but it's also very green, which means a lot to me. I want to be as eco-friendly as possible while planning this wedding! There will, of course, be a few people who get paper invites instead (grandparents, our parents, etc.).
  • Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    It depends on your guests I think? I plan on doing a physical invite and an online RSVP so save on costs! I also plan to have my fiancé and I go and hand deliver as many of the invites as we can!
  • Marie
    Marie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hello Stephanie,

Sounds great, which site did you use for your online invites?
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We did electronic save the dates and invitations! For us, it was a money saving thing and we figured most people don't keep invitations anyway. It was a great choice for us. We can see who has opened the invitation and who hasn't, which is nice to track. Plus, we were able to add a link that went straight to our website for people to RSVP. We did have a few issues of people not knowing how to RSVP, so they just emailed, but that worked too.

• Emily
    Devoted October 2018 Ontario
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think it’s personal preference and what is important to you! We did electronic save the dates and are doing the same with the invites. We will likely be doing like 10-20 paper invites for our parents and key people who actually will keep them.
  • Rebecca
    Frequent user October 2018 Ontario
    Rebecca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’ve sent my save the dates through mail and I am doing the same with my invites. It’s all up to you, I’m sure the invite will be beautiful either way!
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think it is totally fine to send everything via e-mail. It is also environmentally friendly.

• Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We did everything the old fashioned way and sent everybody something by mail.

• Cathrine
    Devoted April 2018 Ontario
    Cathrine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We did emails as well for both save the dates and invites. It went really well and we got super fast responses. I too had a graphic designer bridesmaid so i certainly took advance of the savings of both money and trees.

We too didn't have guests that would have trouble with email so we took advantage of that.

• T
    Frequent user August 2018 British Columbia
    Terri ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We did email to save on costs as well get quick replies for the rsvps.
  • Megs
    Curious September 2018 Ontario
    Megs ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My fiancé and I are sending out the bulk of our wedding invites over email. We figure it will be easier for our guests to connect back with their rsvp. But for people like my grandparents, aunts and uncles we are sending out formal invites from an online site. You can purchase small quantities through them. I figure they are the ones most likely to keep them and appreciate them.
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I personally think it's nicer to send physical invitations out.

• Marie
    Marie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    No older guests, aside from my 70 year old uncle (who’s all over the email scene lol.). Unfortunately, no grandparents left to invite Smiley sad this is why I’m really considering just emailing!!
  • Stacey
    Frequent user October 2019 Ontario
    Stacey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It really depends, some people have admitted to me that the wedding invite just gets tossed in the garbage after where others want to hold onto it. Personally I think its more formal to mail them out, or at least to your "A" guest list. Maybe have email invites sent out to any new additions or late invites. But allowing your guests to RSVP through the website is a good idea! That is what we are going to do. Smiley smile

• Jennifer
    Super August 2018 Alberta
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Either one would be fine with me as a guest, I don’t think it would be tacky to send your wedding invites through email as well. I always worry about grandparents and older guests but if they have email and use it you should go for it if that’s what you want. Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics