Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Joey
WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland

Invitations - where are yours from?

Joey, on April 2, 2019 at 07:52 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 37

Where are you getting your invitations? Have you designed and ordered them online? Are you working with a stationer and/or calligrapher? Are you DIYing something on your own? Are you skipping mailed invitations in favor of online ones?

Invitations - where are yours from? 1

Photo by The Social Page- Stationary + Giftware in Calgary

37 Comments

Latest activity by Amanda, on April 30, 2019 at 10:29
  • Amanda
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I made mine on vistaprint.. it was so easy and totally customizable

• A
    Frequent user June 2019 Ontario
    Allyson ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We were stuck for original ideas so my moh saved the day...her aunt is a graphic designer!
  • Erin
    Super May 2022 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh that's nice if you to offer but we're not putting a photo of us and I tentatively have a draft saved with Costco photos, just checking out different options/prices. They have 25 invites for $17.99, which includes envelopes with printed return address. Thank you though.
  • BunnyBride
    Super August 2334 Nova Scotia
    BunnyBride ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I designed our wedding invitations from scratch in GIMP and it was a lot of fun! I'm proud of how it turned out too.

We were originally going to go with Staples for printing, but the one here in Halifax has a bad track record in not meeting orders or really bad quality prints...so we went with Vista Print and waited for a sale. We wound up getting $250 worth of stuff for about $100! It included the invites, the RSVP-Map-Details cards which will be layered on top of each other, custom envelopes with our address printed on them, blank envelope for the RSVPs, and address return labels.

My handwriting is complete, illegible poop...lol...so I found clear mailing labels and it's going to be a print in a legible and pretty font and stick'em on job. My and the guests sanity saved thanks to Avery labels...lol.

*Picture heavy below*

Invitation - FrontInvitations - where are yours from? 2

Invitation - BackInvitations - where are yours from? 3

Layered Info Cards - MapsInvitations - where are yours from? 4

Layered Info Cards - RSVPInvitations - where are yours from? 5

Layered Info Cards - Details (details blanked out but you get the jist of the design) Invitations - where are yours from? 6

Envelope - Design used for front & back with our address on back flapInvitations - where are yours from? 7

• Tasha
    Curious April 2019 Alberta
    Tasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    If you were interested, I could always email you what he made, and then you could put your own images and colours and info in. (That was the fiancé’s suggestion just now when I told him someone liked the idea lol)
  • Tasha
    Tasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    He said it was just from scratch in Microsoft Word. Then I saved it as a picture, and just went to the staples website, uploaded my image, chose the size I wanted, and how many, and submitted my order! They were ready in like... four or five days, if I remember correctly. Just picked them up from the store. They would deliver them as well, but for an extra charge, and it was easy enough for me to just stop at the store and pick them up.
    I had tried using the Walmart self-print kiosks, but the quality was atrocious. Staples turned out to be better quality, and cheaper!
  • K
    Newbie November 2021 Ontario
    Kelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My friend told me that if you design your invites on vista print then save the template and upload it as a postcard you get the exact same size quality and everything for way cheaper !!! She did this and it saved her a good chunk of money!!!
  • Erin
    Super May 2022 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Ok, do did you use a template in word or start from scratch? And them you just took your mastercopy to staples and picked what type of paper you wanted and then had them printed? Just curious as this could be am option for me.
  • Erin
    Super May 2022 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I love that your Fiance made them, it shows that he's not only excited to marry you but help plan the wedding, awesome!
  • Jenn
    Frequent user April 2019 Saskatchewan
    Jenn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We got our stationery products from optimal print. I'm really happy with how they all turned out!
  • Alie
    Frequent user September 2019 Ontario
    Alie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    These are amazing. Thank you!!!
  • Tasha
    Tasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Fiancé made them, I got em printed! Beautiful glossy photo paper, I was really pleased.

Invitations - where are yours from? 8
  • Tasha
    Tasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We actually used Staples... but we did our invites in Microsoft Word, and then had them printed out on photo paper through Staples.

They turned out amazing, great quality, and we were able to print 75 invitations for $7!

• Meghan
    Devoted April 2019 Ontario
    Meghan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I do! It was MintyPaperieShop on Etsy...I think they have a website too. It was great because the seating chart, thank you cards, etc that I got were the same, so everything matches. It was SO easy to customize them, they send you the link to do that and then you print from home!This is the ones I got (picture from their Etsy shop):

Invitations - where are yours from? 9

• Claire
    Claire ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Do you still remember the seller on etsy?
  • K
    Expert June 2019 Ontario
    Kim ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Ordered online from vistaprint
  • Samantha
    Curious June 2019 Ontario
    Samantha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Ordered ours from a local graphic designer, absolutely in love with them! Unfortunately I have no DIY talent.
  • Alie
    Alie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I was thinking of going with Staples copy centre. We only need about 50 for our Wedding 😁
  • Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My bridesmaids is a graphic designer and she designed and printed then for us for free. She did an amazing job! I would have used Vistaprint if she hadn't offered to do them.
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We emailed ours. We used paperless post. It was the best option for us.
  • Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We ordered ours through Vistaprint and had our friend who is graphic design make the design for us. They turned out really well! I wish I had a photo on my phone to attach.

• Alexandra
    VIP November 2019 British Columbia
    Alexandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We did ours through Vistaprint! we paid very little for them and they were totally worth it!!
  • Meghan
    Devoted April 2019 Ontario
    Meghan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I found a template suite on Etsy that you can edit and print on your own. It came with the invitation, RSVP card, seating chart, and general one (for welcome signs/etc)

I got some card stock and printed them at work

It was so easy and turned out well! I got a lot of compliments on the invitations

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm designing myself and then getting printed at a local print shop!

• Janaya
    Expert August 2019 Saskatchewan
    Janaya ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Vistaprint Smiley smile great quality and they came within a couple of days, it was really quick

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We ordered ours on Vistaprint ☺️
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I customized ours through Vistaprint compressing information on 2 cards.

Your invitation looks nice with the band.

• K
    Expert September 2018 British Columbia
    Kim ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I customized and ordered via Vistaprint.

• Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

DIY! We designed them from scratch and I printed at my work! We ordered some pockets and belly bands online but put everything together ourselves! Even custom made each person's RSVP to have their names on them and address labels! Super proud of them!

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m going through a stationary company. Can’t wait to start designing it!
  • Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We ordered ours from Vistaprint. Took one of their designs and made it our own!

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My Friend from work is in graphic design so she has drafted us up an example and now that our wedding social is all done we have time to focus on this! Hopefully we can be ready to send out invitations by end of the month!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics