Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Lynnie
WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina

Invitations - Splurge or Save?

Lynnie, on August 19, 2019 at 10:28 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 22

Wedding invitations are your first chance to really set the tone for the wedding! On the other hand, we all know how quickly they can end up in the trash! Smiley surprise

Have you decided to splurge or save on wedding invitations? 💌

Invitations - Splurge or Save? 1

Photo by Kim Payant Photography in Banff

Next Question: Flowers - Splurge or Save?

Back to the Beginning: Splurge or Save?

22 Comments

Latest activity by Stephanie, on August 21, 2019 at 18:50
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Saved. We did online invitations.
  • M
    Expert September 2019 Ontario
    Meaghan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Definitely saved! We are eloping (no guests) so we didn't spend a cent on invites.
  • Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Saved- Vista Print was amazing and had sales Smiley smile

• Seleena
    Super September 2019 British Columbia
    Seleena ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Saved! Vista print is the best 🙃
  • Chelsea
    Super June 2020 Alberta
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Saved, thanks to vistaprint!
  • Steph
    Expert June 2022 Ontario
    Steph ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We're trying to save everywhere possible, but the invites turned out to be very affordable including RSVP cards, RSVP envelopes with addresses, embellishments to the invite, liner in the main envelope, mailing AND return addresses printed on the main envelope, and customized wording in both the invite and RSVP cards. My mom is paying for it as part of our gift but we're at a little under 600 for 75 sets of these invites, taxes and everything included. For everything I've been seeing, I'm thrilled with that pricing! lol Save the dates are gonna be much more basic, probably printing them myself on cardstock or photo paper, 4 save the dates per letter sized sheet.

Also, I've found a number of invites, save the dates, etc. that are printed on seed paper....so your guests plant your stationary and grow something from it. I though that was cool. Just make sure they don't plant it until AFTER the wedding, otherwise you'll end up with a lotttt of phone calls asking for the date and time and location 😂

Hope this helps! 😁
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Save. Found a site that has an invitation I love. Waiting for their next semi annual sale now that I have a hard date and time.
  • Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Saved!

We got a template from etsy, printed it off from vista print and asked guests to RSVP online. It was perfect.

• S
    Frequent user March 2021 Ontario
    Stiffra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Saving! We're going with Minted for all of our stationary! The prices are reasonable and the design options are fantastic. After getting their samples and seeing the quality in person, we were sold!

• A
    Super September 2020 Ontario
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Saving. We're going with Vistaprint and since we have lots of time we're waiting for a 50% off sale to come around to buy all our stationary.

• Alexandra
    VIP November 2019 British Columbia
    Alexandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We saved! Vistaprint is 100% the way to go. Honestly sign up for the mailing list that way you’ll get notified when they’ve got a 50% off sale!
  • BunnyBride
    Super August 2334 Nova Scotia
    BunnyBride ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Saved. Like many people who have already posted, Vistaprint saves the day again!

We are skipping STDs and phoning a few core people to ensure they save the date. We're also sending out the invitations earlier...more in line with what you would see with a destination wedding. It made sense as literally 95% are going to have to be booking flights to come even if it's not a true destination wedding...lol.

I designed them myself and got invitations, RSVP, details card, map card, custom envelope, and address labels for $105. Sale was $150 off anything over $250, so about 60% off. Not too shabby. :-)

• Tina
    Frequent user July 2021 Ontario
    Tina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Sorta saved. Did online save the dates, but paper invites were the first thing FH clearly indicated he actually cared about, so we went with that. Getting pocket folds from Cards & Pockets for a fraction of the price and doing my own design for the invitation and inserts, which will just be on white cardstock from Staples.

• Alix
    Expert June 2021 Saskatchewan
    Alix ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Saved. We just used a template on Vista Print.

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Definitely saved! I designed them myself on Adobe Illustrator and had them printed at a local print shop for pretty cheap!

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm the only splurge here - so far. I love getting physical invitations for a wedding. We're using a stationary place that is giving us our invites, all the appropriate interior cards we need (map, rsvp card, hotel blocks, etc.). It's a bit pricier but definitely more me.

• R
    Devoted November 2019 Quebec
    Rebecca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Save, Vistaprint baby!!, Although we did go over budget because I forgot to put an RSVP date on the invite *face palm* but all we are sending out if the invite and the rsvp cards the only people we are mailing to are the ones out of town and extended family. So we will save by giving most of them out by hand!

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Saved! Vistaprint having offers up to 50% off deals cutting the cost in half and everything from invitations to menu cards.

• Caitlyn
    Super January 2020 Ontario
    Caitlyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Save! We ordered them online extra early from Invitations by Dawn with a 50% off coupon.

• Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Save. We also used Vistaprint and got all of them 50% off!
  • Veronica
    Super October 2021 Alberta
    Veronica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Save for sure! Going with E-invites from Greenvelope. Still looks really nice, delivered like an invite but way cheaper and better for the environment.

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Saved. We used vista print and I just did some designing on a editing website for it. Thank God for Multi-Media class in middle school!!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics