Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Stefanie
Devoted August 2021 Saskatchewan

In limbo..

Stefanie, on April 12, 2021 at 01:38

Posted in Plan a wedding 41

Does anyone else just feel like you're waiting in limbo to know what your plans will be? Our wedding is August 14 postponed from last year and as of right now we can have a 30 person ceremony only I think. I haven't sent any new invitations with not knowing what it may look like. So I'm trying to...
Does anyone else just feel like you're waiting in limbo to know what your plans will be?

Our wedding is August 14 postponed from last year and as of right now we can have a 30 person ceremony only I think. I haven't sent any new invitations with not knowing what it may look like. So I'm trying to still work on my DIY stuff in the meantime although I've been having a hard time because of not really knowing what's going on. I feel like it will basically all be last minute planning. With not even knowing if we can have a reception I haven't met with the venue and decorating company to decide on linens. The waiting to finalize things is the toughest part right now.

How's everyone else doing?
However we did pick up our cake tasting this weekend (from a local nut free bakery!) and I've been working on painting table numbers so checking some stuff off the to-do list.
cfb_66781.jpg
cfb_66783.jpg

41 Comments

• Marsha
    Devoted July 2022 Ontario
    Marsha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yea i have my venue, photographer, videographer, and decorator confirmed. I will keep it like that until it gets closer. I had the cake lady call me to follow up if i want to pay a deposit, i was a little too early when i have no idea what my guest list can be, So i can understand how that will be annoying with the DJ, especially since right now

• L
    Newbie July 2021 Alberta
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hey Stefanie,

Our wedding, also postponed from last year, is July 2. We currently are allowed 10 people, and no reception at all.... we are trying to hope for the best, even 20 people would be great, but decided to plan around the 10 person ceremony and expand excitedly If things change before July!
  • Marsha
    Devoted July 2022 Ontario
    Marsha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I know it is so hard to plan, next to impossible for me hence why we decided to postpone one time - so we moved our date from Aug 1 2021 to July 31 2022. You will figure everything out

I have to say i love your numbers they look stunnning

• Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our only vendors now is our venue and photographer, which we'll use regardless if it's 10 vs 50 people in attendance. With the exception of her parents, our families and friends don't even bother asking us what's going on since it's so unpredictable. Considering how the government would say certain things are allowed and then make an abrupt 180 the week after, we're not making any commitments until we absolutely have to. It's even more hectic since we're in Toronto. I'm pretty much prepared to plan a wedding in under a month based on how things have been going. In the meantime, we're busy prepping our place to live and just getting everything for the future in order.

The most annoying is prospective vendors like DJs that we've message pre-covid asking about packages constantly pestering us now to sign with them.

• Niki
    Frequent user August 2021 Ontario
    Niki ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I understand completely! I can't believe it's been a year that I have been feeling in limbo as we were supposed to get married last November 2020. My Fiance and I just said we couldn't take the unknown anymore, it is so mentally draining and we stopped planning a lot of things and the rollercoaster of emotions, hope, downfall...ugh just exhausted and stressful. We are going through with our June 2021 ceremony and waiting until next year to have our reception. Honestly as exhausting and draining as this is I have been trying to be as positive as possible and refocus my thoughts on the most important thing and that is just being married to my Fiance. I know it doesn't feel fair and having that dream wedding means so much but I am just trying to look at as positively as I can.

Those cakes look delicious and I love the DIY table signs!

• Marg
    Curious August 2021 Ontario
    Marg ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

August 14th here too! Postponed from May 2021.

We have the venue, officiant and photographer, and I have my dress & accessories, but other than collecting little vases and some half-started DIY signage we haven't really done anything. Our venue is outdoors, so we are cautiously hopeful that the rules by then will say we can have ceremony and reception (with distancing and small guest list). And honestly, if it ends up looking less than perfect because we couldn't really plan much then so be it!

I'm feeling okay about not sending out invites yet because we have sent out save the dates (twice now, haha) and have lots and lots of information on our wedding website. All the etiquette I've read says to send the invites 6-8 weeks in advance, so we're more or less sticking to that but the actual invite is a bit of a formality too since everyone we're inviting has been kept well informed of the changes we've needed to make.

• Sara
    Frequent user August 2021 Ontario
    Sara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Stefanie!!

We have the same date Smiley smile

We sent out invitations last month. Ontario just went into another lockdown which will hopefully be lifted end of April.

Honestly, I'm just riding the wave right now. I've come to terms with the fact that any big decisions are going to be pretty last minute. We have almost everything booked - hair/makeup, DJ, photographer, venue (food and alcohol), officiant, decorator. However, details aren't nailed down and really can't be until we're out of lockdown.

We're really hoping with the vaccine rollout that most of our guestlist will be vaccinated by our date and that our region will be out of the woods. We're in a small town in Northern ON. We've decided to make a final decision on whether to go forward or postpone about 60 days before our date, so around mid-June.

Luckily, I think most vendors are used to all the last minute decisions these days and willing to hustle to make whatever works work.

This is the most difficult thing I've ever done. It feels like an absolute rollercoaster of emotions and I definitely feel a little bit robbed of the traditional pre-wedding excitement and celebrations. Every day is different, some days feel more optimistic than others. It's tough being torn between wanting to get married this year, but not wanting to let go of that "ideal wedding" vision. I keep flip flopping between wanting to get married no matter what and wanting to wait so that it can be everything I've always dreamed of.

Hoping things work out for us!

• Stefanie
    Devoted August 2021 Saskatchewan
    Stefanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    We have everything booked already. Being we postponed last year we had all deposits down on our venue, hair and makeup, DJ, transportation and photographer. I also had most everything purchased for decor etc. But once we postponed I stopped working on anything.
    We are however planning on a ceremony no matter what. It's just a matter of everything else including who will be able to be there lol.
  • S
    Beginner August 2021 Ontario
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    You are not alone! I'm getting married in August too and only have a photographer.Im feeling the same basically waiting to see what happens.I know regardless were still having a ceremony,so I try to remind myself that even if I do book hair, makeup flowers and cake it will most likely still get used and not cancelled.Because of covid we've decided to be pretty minimal no decorations and only 25 people.Cut on where money may get lost.I personally believe a wedding can be planned last minute,if you are planning on a ceremony regardless id book what you'd need for that.If your venue takes care of food and linens then it will all fall in place. Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics