Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Courtney
Super July 2018 Ontario

I'm on Wedding Planning Fire!

Courtney, on March 22, 2018 at 18:19 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 21

I'm just over 3 months out from the wedding and I'm on final touches FIRE if I do say so myself.

Our vendors have been booked for ages. But I ordered the groomsmen ties/pocket squares (round 2 as my FH picked the wrong colour when I left him to do it himself!) and they came in BEAUTIFUL.

Our wedding favours just arrived and I love them.

I got a final headcount from my girls on hair and make up, so I gave the numbers to my vendors and now have a better day of time line!

We also have started getting RSVPs back! So far we have 11 people coming to the wedding (haha).

Next thing I'm focusing on is finalizing who's doing speeches so I can do the day of time line!

What sort of things are ticking off and feeling pumped about?

21 Comments

Latest activity by Leah, on May 1, 2018 at 22:13
  • Leah
    VIP April 2019 British Columbia
    Leah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Newbie here! Booked our venue yesterday - next up? Our planner and then the photographer!
  • Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Amazing! haha you are on fire! I am meeting the Pastor this weekend regarding the church. meeting two more photographers and deciding on Sunday who I will choose and book them. One last look and deposit on reception venue on May 5. Once I have these two figured out I have makeup, hair, both venue's booked, photographer, waiting a few quotes back regarding catering then can book, waiting on dj quotes as well then can book. Doing dress shopping in few months!

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Wow! Good for you! keep it up!

• Alessia
    Frequent user June 2020 Ontario
    Alessia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Good for you!!!! That is amazing. I hope I can have that positive attitude that close to my day!

• Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Woooo. Good on you. I'm 296 days away still, so I'm transitioning into the "get-the-rest-planned" time (we already have date, venue and bridal parties locked down). I finally got my FH to go with me to a wedding show this weekend, so I'm hoping that bumps his butt into gear for wedding planning!

Next up: Photographer, DJ, and cake!

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Wowzers! I feel like I have to kick it into gear! We've decided we want to try to get all the details done by the end of April, leaving May to engagement photos, finishing up our pre-marital counselling and anything else we might've forgotten. Then, that leaves June to chase down RSVPs and work on the seating chart.

But, I think have about three pages of the details stuff and about a month to complete it!

• Lynnie
    WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina
    Lynnie Online ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Woohoo!!! Checklist queen!! 👸🏻
  • Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Woo hoo!!!! You go girl! We just booked our transportation for the day to and from pictures (we booked a school bus because it was only $200 opposed to $700 for a charter bus), we have a lot of RSVPs back, I just went to the border to pick up our wooden Mr & Mrs letters that will go on the head table, and also picked up my sun hat for the honeymoon!

• Erin
    Super September 2019 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm still a year and a half away from my wedding but I actually have a lot of things "done". I have my photographer and videographer picked, I know what I want to do for flowers, my save the date (which will go out in September) is done, I bought my wedding dress, we've chosen the bridesmaid dresses, I have my centerpieces started... I'm just waiting to hear back from my venue for a final price before I go booking anything else!

Next up is the hunt for an officiant and my A/V and decorations!
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I love hearing about people being productive regarding their wedding planning! So glad you're on the ball Courtney!

• Elizabeth
    Frequent user June 2018 New Brunswick
    Elizabeth ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Mine's in June and I'm just finishing up our DIY invitations, getting the decor finalized so we can start buying our decor! So pumped!!

• Renee
    Devoted October 2018 Ontario
    Renee ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Checking them out now! You really are on fire today, planning things and helping your fellow brides lol thank you!
  • Maegan
    Super July 2018 British Columbia
    Maegan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Nice! I have had no self control and ive worn mine twice already just because i could haha.
  • Courtney
    Super July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I ordered them from Tiemart actually!

The price is AMAZING ($60 dollars for ties and pocket squares for 5 guys - other places were $220!). They send free colour swatches. We went with the light yellow and the quality is great! They also offer wide and narrow ties too.

They also came insanely fast. I'm really really pleased with them.

https://www.tiemart.com/?gclid=Cj0KCQjwqM3VBRCwARIsAKcekb1NiZFY4JqBgASJ0GTAm04HBw0QdTx3HDKDL89sY_27-5cJlnaL0rIaAkWKEALw_wcB

• Courtney
    Super July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I'm doing pearl earrings too. I keep staring at them cause I want to wear them!

• Renee
    Devoted October 2018 Ontario
    Renee ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Yes girl! I'm almost done with my vendors then I will be getting ready to send out my save the dates. Vista print had a sale on stickers so I just recieved some custom ones I ordered of our monogram and I'm in love! Will use it to seal our invites, on our favor boxes and anywhere else I can stick them!

Curious though, where did you order the groomsmen pocket squares? Would love to see what they look like and send off to hubby.

I can't wait to be as close as you! Planning a wedding is big time work!
  • Jennifer
    Super August 2018 Alberta
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Whoooo! Feels so good to get stuff done! I’m less than 5 months out from my wedding and I just ordered my flower girl dress the other day and we started picking out some of our special songs. My FMIL just started making our wedding wine on Sunday too! And about a week ago we booked our honeymoon. Feels like there’s always something to do keeps me busy for sure!
  • Jen889
    Devoted May 2018 Quebec
    Jen889 ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    So exciting!!

I have 59 days to go! I'm waiting for my RSVPs to come back. I have to still go for the flower girl dresses but I'm not too worried about that. But that's pretty much it! I feel like I'm missing something but everything has been done haha it's an odd feeling knowing all the planning is coming to an end.
  • Karen
    Expert September 2018 Ontario
    Karen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Nice that's great!!!
    I got 6 months to go but I'm almost done planning. I just gotta do cake, wait for rsvps to come in to finalize number and go over menus.
  • Maegan
    Super July 2018 British Columbia
    Maegan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Whoohooo!
    Im at just over 3 months to go and ive started knocking stuff off my list recently too! Such a great feeling!

Last weekend we got the grooms putfit all ordered and most of the groomsmen too. (They just need shirts still).

I had my makeup trial on Tuesday and it was wonderful! So i have confirmed with my girls for makeup/hair and booked my makeup artist.

I have recieved rsvps from about 75% of my guests so thats exciting.

Went jewlery shopping on the weekend and found the most beautiful pearl earrings i will wear.

My girls have started planning my bachelorette...

Im so excited.
  • Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    That’s so exciting ! Happy to hear it’s all going well Smiley smile I am doing vendors but feeling good about small things atm.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics