Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Stephanie
VIP May 2019 Ontario

If you could have any one thing!

Stephanie, on August 29, 2018 at 08:07 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 30
Hey everyone!!!
I know we all love to make pinterest boards of hundreds of ideas, watch glamorous celebrity weddings and elegant royal ones!
If you could have any ONE THING at your wedding no matter the cost what would it be?
For me it would be lavish food tables set up with live carvers and assistants! The greatest meal of all time with no worry of price! Were doing a buffet for our wedding which will have a bunch of options but man those food tables always look so amazing!!
What would your ONE THING be?

30 Comments

Latest activity by Bianca, on September 30, 2018 at 17:09
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would have our wedding outdoors in a field with string lights under the stars. It's so unattainable for me logistically, so that would be my number 1 thing I'd want to have lol.

• Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    We were the same way with the venue. We really wanted the winery but found an amazing venue way more within our budget afterwards.
  • Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    For me it would be more flower decorations and all real flowers. We are using lanterns for centerpieces because flowers are so expensive!
  • J
    Beginner August 2019 Newfoundland and Labrador
    Jasmine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m doing a buffet as well, as I call it potluck. A lot easier for me too.
  • Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I love the live music idea!!! I wonder how much Ed Sheran would charge to come and sing our first dance song hahah!!
  • Morgane
    Curious February 2019 Alberta
    Morgane ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Get Brian McKnight to sing all night at my chateau wedding ❤😁
  • Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Country artists to sing our first dance song. And for sure fireworks would be amazing!
  • Allison
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Geez!! That’s insane!
  • Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Open bar for us was the 100% must! Like before venue or anything else! We ended up REALLY lucking out we went with the standard open but the venue put it to premium for free!!! Perks of a Friday wedding bonus deal!!!
  • Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh yes that would be awesome!!! One of the venues I was looking at said you needed insurance for 5million to do fireworks... crazy!!!
  • Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Open bar! Haha. We have about 100 people invited to the wedding, and there's something about being able to dance/party the night away, all on our dime, treating our guests, that I just wish we could do...

However our venue isn't able to do bottle/bundled discounts on a host bar, so we don't save much of anything by hosting vs cash bar.

• Melissa
    Frequent user September 2018 Quebec
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    1. Some sort of entertainment like a dance crew.
    2. Fireworks
    3. I would beef up the decor to the point of absurdity. Decor and design are my weaknesses.
  • Allison
    Newbie August 2019 British Columbia
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    A helicopter ride/photo shoot in the mountains!!
  • Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Aww that's such a sweet idea!

• Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

100% into the bouncy castle idea!!! Put a few drinks in people that will be a BLAST!

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would've flown in family and friends who couldn't afford to make the trip!

• Alexandra
    VIP November 2019 British Columbia
    Alexandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    1. A strong quartet just for the ceremony. It’s a little out of our budget
    2. An open bar
  • Jennifer
    Super July 2019 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Mine would be venue. I love what I picked. and they are AWESOME to work with. and in our budget. and so conveniently close to the hotel etc. but there is a winery I really really liked. but it would have cost us an extra $10,000 (not counting paying for a shuttle for guests etc). and I couldn't justify it. especially because I didn't want to limit my guest list.

the other things that are more within budget...but we just don't have the extra right now. I would love a pianist and a harpist for the ceremony. we may get the pianist. and a photo booth! haha

• Allison
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

If money were not a problem/venue would allow it, I would have a firework show at some point during the wedding!

• Angel
    Frequent user June 2019 British Columbia
    Angel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

If money wasn't a problem, I would get married by the beach in a beautiful white church with tall windows and invite all my friends and family to attend. Given our budget, I had two priorities for my wedding - I wanted a elegant and romantic venue for the ceremony and I wanted to make sure that everyone went home with a full belly of delicious food!

• Andrea
    Curious September 2021 Ontario
    Andrea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I would love a mini carnival or entertainment like you mentioned. More realistically I'd probably go crazy with decor or food.
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    One thing i would have if afforded would be family from out of the country to be part of the celebration. Plus it's a great way of having family together that don't come all this way often.
  • Gina
    Super April 2019 Alberta
    Gina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I know! Unfortunately our venue doesn’t have wedding packages. You choose and pay for everything separately. They have buffet options that run from $75-$125 per person. And that’s your options lol. Every thing else is separate.
  • E
    Expert December 2018 Ontario
    Emma ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Wow that’s pricey. Ours are included in the package we picked. But if we were to order it separately, our venue charges 35 a dozen.
  • Gina
    Super April 2019 Alberta
    Gina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Live station is part of our dinner! Which is great! I love that you will have passed appetizers!
  • Gina
    Super April 2019 Alberta
    Gina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    It’s $50 per dozen at my venue. So I guess it depends on how much your supposed to serve per person?
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

So far I would have to say that I want fun activities for the wedding no matter what the cost. I would love to have a bouncy castle for adults, a magician, fire dancers, photo booth, etc. Anything to keep everyone feeling young Smiley laugh

• Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Ah we are the opposite!! We will have the passed apps during cocktail hour but no live station!!
  • E
    Expert December 2018 Ontario
    Emma ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Are you sure that passed appetizers are really pricey? Our package actually includes passed apparizers. I wasn’t going to have our roast beef carved at a station because it’s an extra charge. But now you guys got me thinking. It’s not that much money maybe only $80. I guess then the only thing we would be missing is the champagne lol. My guests will have to settle for non sparkly wine 😁
  • Gina
    Super April 2019 Alberta
    Gina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I would agree on the food front for sure! We will have an action station for the roast beef. But I wish we were having the full deal of appetizers being served on trays along with champagne everywhere. Haha. Our venue is way to expensive for us to pull it off lol.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics