Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Frequent user February 2022 Ontario

I just want to plan everything already

Stephanie, on February 11, 2020 at 22:29 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 18
Our wedding is a year from now and I cant help but want to plan plan plan. Weve booked our venue and I've designed our invitation. Picked our minister. As well as the photographer. Weve been engaged 2 weeks. But we have been together 8 years, so this day has been long awaited. I'm so excited.

18 Comments

Latest activity by Heidi, on February 14, 2020 at 05:12
  • Heidi
    Frequent user July 2020 British Columbia
    Heidi ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    You did all that in 2 weeks?
    Wonder woman award pls?
  • YVan
    Beginner September 2020 Quebec
    YVan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hahaha I feel you! We're eloping in Croatia and then when we come back to Montreal we're having a dinner celebration... The elopement got organized in 2 weeks and a half... That includes buying my wedding dress LOL
    After 2 months of engagement the dinner celebration is pretty much done too! All that's left is my fiance's outfit and my dress alterations
  • Desiree
    Frequent user August 2021 Ontario
    Desiree ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We been engaged for year and one month but we finally are in full wedding planning mode and we still have awhile to go summer 2021 But it’s so exciting I’ve already have venue,photographer,DJ booked I also have my baker picked out. I find the earlier you look you can come across some good deals 🥰
  • Stefanie
    Devoted August 2020 Saskatchewan
    Stefanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Lol congrats, it is very exciting! I mean if you just want to plan, go for it! When my fiance and I first got engaged I felt that I booked a ton of stuff right off the bat. I'm glad that I did because we are down to our last 6 months and there is a lot of stuff that still needs to be purchased decor wise and I'm less stressed about it because we planned ahead. Wedding planning is stressful enough, so being on top of things isn't a bad thing!

• Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Yayyyyyyyy thats great keep planning everything!!

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Ha, I think it's because I'm just so competative - gotta be #1!!! Looked into wedding planning but with all the stress it had when I was the Bride... just wouldn't want to go through that again. Only thing more stressful to plan than our Wedding was the Wedding Social!

• S
    Frequent user February 2022 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Wow your dedicated. Why arent you a wedding planner??
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Congrats!

Its great to see you in the planning mode all the way. Though it seems a long way to go, patience is something to have while waiting until the day. You seem to have everything in order and your vendor team set. The feeling of having everything done and paid ahead of time is what we would all look forward to, yet the chance of the deposits are a huge loss if anything was to happen.

• Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Congrats!

I was so excited to plan a wedding that I didn't even wait. Once we got home from our vacation, I was already starting to compare all the vendors in the area and what I wanted. By a year out from our wedding date, I had everything booked and was just basically saving money and waiting.

A lot of stuff was done closer to the end, but I was so thankful to have planned everything early!

Plan away! have fun because it goes too fast

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Congratulations!! I remeber when I proposed to my DH (10 months into dating him) and in a matter of 2 months we had the venue booked Smiley tongue That and I dove head first into this site! Hence why I'm currently holding the #1 ranking on here (I'm already married but can't seem to stop going on here!).

If you ever need anything don't hesitate to reach out!

• Gloria
    Expert October 2022 Ontario
    Gloria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Yay! Congratulations!!!! Honestly we had a long engagement... just over 2 years and now we’re down to last 6 months. Never too early
    To start planning! It’s great that you got most of the big things out of the way
  • Honeylie
    Frequent user August 2021 Quebec
    Honeylie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I am TOTALLY on the same boat!! Our wedding is in over a year, but we got engaged last June. The SECOND I got engaged, I asked my bridesmaids to be part of my wedding.
    Now I have my dress, vision venues, watch wedding planning Videos 24/7!!!! I am wedding crazy hahahaha.

I have to remind myself that there is more to life at this point. However at the same time, you only plan your wedding once!!! (Hopefully!!!)
  • Michelle
    Curious June 2022 Ontario
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

GIIRLLLLL I get it. I've been with my partner for 8 years as well so I completely get it he proposed 3 years ago but alas life happened and I never got to planning....ok not true I got overwhelmed and stopped. So here we are...attempt number 3 lol at planning . but your more ahead then me ...im still at venue hahah so whats next and when is that for you

• Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Congratulations!

If it makes you feel better by the time we had been engaged a month I had my dress, we picked our venue and we were getting our engagement photos done by our wedding photographer. You're not alone!
    It's also great to take breaks and set times to do things so that you can prolong the engagement excitement. I like to pick a day each week where I don't plan, and I've got milestones to look forward to like a pop up bridal accessories sale next month, invitation planning before the end of March, and a spring shopping trip for diy centerpiece supplies with my mom!
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Congratulations! I definitely understand where you're coming from. I'm getting married the weekend before you. I just want to get everything finished now. We've been engaged for about 7 years now. I feel like I've had what I want planned for a couple years now it's time to get it done. Right now my big excitement is finally getting to one year away! I think I started really planning last January. We do have a few things to still get done so it's time to make sure we follow our guidelines...
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Congrats on your engagement! You sound like me! I was booking vendors a year and a half in advance - I just wanted to get the wedding planned!

I found it was good to get all my vendors booked early because 1) I got better rates and 2) I’m in a planning rut right now so I’m so thankful I booked everything before because I’d hate to have to do it now at 5 months out!
  • Geneviève
    VIP September 2020 Ontario
    Geneviève ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I feel that, the 9 month slump is the worst (and I’m just getting out of it!) now is a good time to tackle some diys before you start feeling the burnout. Happy list checking!
  • Veronica
    Super October 2021 Alberta
    Veronica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Congratulations! I totally understand where you are coming from. I say keep on planning planning planning! It comes up quicker then you think and the best you can be is prepared.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics