Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Tori
Top October 2019 Manitoba

Hudson's Bay Vs. Bed Bath & Beyond - Which to register at?

Tori, on June 13, 2019 at 10:39 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 33

Hello lovely Wedding Wire Community!

I know that there has been at least one or two discussions made about which registry is best - but I read those and was wanting to see if there has been any change in opinions?

We are leaning towards BB&B for the registry based off previous posts and what we have found off of googling which one is better, but I'm one of those people that as loud and blunt as I am - needs reassurance that I'm making the correct choice.

BB&B = I've heard nothing but great things, but haven't really ever stepped foot in there.

HB = I've heard that they aren't as knowledgeable and don't have items in stock 90% of the time...

Any help would be great even if it's something you heard from a friend of a friend of a friend! TIA

33 Comments

Latest activity by Kristen, on June 18, 2019 at 19:58
  • Kristen
    Beginner September 2019 Ontario
    Kristen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are registered with BB&B and I’m pretty disappointed. Here are issues I’ve had.
    - Their products constantly become out of stock
    - you don’t know If a product is out of stock until you add it to your registry and go look
    - random items show it’s been purchased in one section (thank yous section) but not on the main registry where ppl purchase.
    - no one ever gets back to me via customer service emails

over all I’m just disappointed with their registry so far. Unfortunate because I also heard great things, perhaps it’s just my luck.
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We started with HB. We spent an hour there the first time, and only 1 thing actually showed up on our registry. We went back, and they couldn’t even find us in their system!
    We also found a better selection at BB&B. And a better range of prices.
    Its also easier to buy online from BB&B as HB and Home Outfitters are in the same site but it doesn’t specify if the item is at HB or HO (we didn’t look ourselves so don’t know if this really would’ve impacted the shopping experience, but it’s what the HB staff told us)
    HB had better deals; we were given maybe 8 coupons we could use to buy things from our registry during our engagement, and once married, they were going to send us another set of coupons.
    BB&B has one day where you can go and buy anything remaining on your registry for 20% off.
  • Kelly
    Expert September 2019 Manitoba
    Kelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Do both!

We added stuff like towels and dinnerware, flatware, and glassware at Hudson's Bay, but we added stuff like serveware and other misc items at BB&B.

Shop around at both. Go in with a checklist of specific things you're looking for and see which store suits your needs best. Doesn't hurt to have 2 registries. Guests sometimes like to have different store options to shop at!

I will warn you though, the Bay Polo Park is an awful shopping experience. They don't have anything in stock and its super disappointing. I ended up building that registry online mostly.

• Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We had our registry at both and very shortly closed ours at HB because it was difficult to manage from home. Also when things are sent to us from BBB it has on the receipt who it is from and I've heard that HB doesn't note it unless the purchaser asks for it which makes it a pain doing thank you cards.

We also found that BB+B had more reasonable prices.

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I guess it works out for me cause that’s where I’m from Smiley smile!

too bad it’s not nationwide - great store.
  • Tori
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Ahhhhhhh!!! Now that's a good idea!!!

• Mandy
    Devoted July 2019 Alberta
    Mandy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    It is true. I did have some sent to the house. What I did after the bridal shower is I went through the registry (I have family that went and did their own thing for the bridal shower) and got rid of half the stuff that was on there. This way when the wedding comes in 21 days people will be more inclined to give money.
  • Tori
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I see, I figure most people will do what they did for my Future Cousin-in-law which was order it online and have it sent to the house. I also have a guest list of 250 and of those I would predict at least 50 women if not more will attend the shower. Gosh, that sounds scary when I say it out loud...

• Tori
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks! This will only be the 3rd wedding I've attended as an adult so I've only been to 2 showers. One of the "hard parts" of getting married/engaged first out of friends and being 21.

• Tori
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hate to inform you - but that store is Ontario only :/ Technically not even Ontario only - more like Mississauga/Toronto/Hamilton only.

Hudson's Bay Vs. Bed Bath & Beyond - Which to register at? 1

• Mandy
    Devoted July 2019 Alberta
    Mandy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Ours is at HB. I have a hard time in BB&B I hate how crowded the store is with stuff and people. But we also didn’t want a big registry as well.
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

BB & B over HB cost wise and variety choices. I don't like going to HB due to its high pricing and quality which can be purchased at other stores for less price of the same material. BB & B has better sections to separate and find the items your putting on your registry.

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm thinking either BB&B or Kitchen Stuff Plus! I've heard bad things about the Bay as well.

• Janaya
    Expert August 2019 Saskatchewan
    Janaya ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Bed bath and beyond! thats where we went and there was so much to pick from!

• Brittany
    Devoted August 2019 Alberta
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

It was super easy to do, and you can find pretty much anything you want on there.

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

If my FH could, he'd register at Home Depot lol he's not a carpenter but definitely did some major renos at our house Smiley tongue

• Chelsea
    Super June 2020 Alberta
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    So exciting! they have a whole “personalized gifts” section on the website!!
  • Tori
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hmmmmm I do like the option of Canadian Tire for gift cards - with having a FH that is a carpenter he would love to have a say in what we are registered for if it's tool related!

• Tori
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks! The more I hear, the more I am confident that going with BB&B and maaaaaaybe one other place (possibly Amazon.ca) is the best route.

• Tori
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Really?? I wouldn't mind having some stuff with our last name on them! Especially because the FH is juuuuuust finally getting his last name changed to what it should/what he wanted it to be (he had his Mom's last name but is having it changed to his Dad's).

• Tori
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I mean... it doesn't hurt to put our name down for stuff and then if they give any discount, we could buy the stuff that way... From what I'm hearing from the others I'm not sure if it would be worth the hassle though... definitely worth thinking about!

• Tori
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Well thank you for doing the work for me Smiley tongue No need to even bother with HB at this point thanks to this community! Smiley smile

• Tori
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks Casey, I'm thinking at this point selection isn't really The Bay's strong suit :/

• Tori
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I'm hearing such sucky service from The Bay and yet they somehow manage to still be a thing... I wish that Sears was still a thing Smiley tongue

• Tori
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I love the idea of Amazon as a registry!! I may just do what you did! Plus this way my FH can put on some tools or something that I'm not sure if BB&B would have...

• Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Most of the couples I know, that were registered, had multiple stores to choose from! My favorite was this couple that had : BB&B, Hudson's Bay, Canadian Tire (gift card) and Ikea (gift card).
    That way, there was definitely an option for EVERYONE!
    We ended up with giving them a gift card, as most the items from BB&B and HB were picked off already!

• Allison
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're not having a registry but my friend is and she's registered at BB&B. She looked at Hudson's bay too but found they didn't have things in stock and similar items were more expensive. Plus BB&B had some fun items too!

• Chelsea
    Super June 2020 Alberta
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We’re doing BB&B! i did everything online and it’s super easy! they also have super cute personalized gift options (passport cases, beach towels, wall art, etc) which were super excited about
  • Allison
    Frequent user June 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Do both?

Bed Bath & Beyond offers 20% off any items left on your registry closer to/after your wedding date, so you could save yourself some money if you wanted to purchase any remaining items. As others have mentioned - it allows your family & friends to sign up for savings too!

• Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would personally pick Bed Bath and Beyond because the website was easier to register- items were more affordable and in stock. When I considered HB they had nothing in stock I wanted and found it to be really expensive even for basic items.

• Casey
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I agree with Brittany!

We are not doing a registry, so I do not have any pointers from that side. But I have purchased from both for showers. Honestly, I don't know if it was what the couple registered, or just the selection, but I found that Bed Bath and Beyond had way more to pick from at a reasonable price than The Bay did.

• Daniela
    Frequent user September 2020 Ontario
    Daniela ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I am not doing a registry but as a guest I hateeeeed my friends the bay registry (she did too). They never have anything and she said they are really pushy and just was not a good experience. People ended up going somewhere else and getting her similar things, which she was still happy about. But I got so angry at the bay lol they didnt have ONE thing!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics