Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

N
Curious June 2018 British Columbia

How to restrict invite so the no they can't bring a guest

Nadine, on December 30, 2017 at 00:38 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 11
Most of the guests are couples but have a few singles but restricted on how many I can have at reception what's the best way etiquette way to say sorry but you can't bring a guest? Also how do I say no children, except those in the wedding party. And for the couples do I need to say it's only them. I'm worried people bring more then we can accommodate.

11 Comments

Latest activity by Breanne, on January 4, 2018 at 23:40
  • Breanne
    Expert August 2018 Ontario
    Breanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We haven't done our save the dates or invites yet but plan on addressing them to exactly who is invited.

We are also not having any kids so for every couple that does have a child/children I plan on including a nice, polite handwritten note in with their save the date so they know well in advance.

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We flat out told everyone that as much as we love kids, none were invited to our wedding. Most people we invited were couples so not sure I can help with the RSVP portion.

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    On the rsvp portion, the number of guests are indicated to not have more invited. Om the envelope, names were personalized to those only too.

How to restrict invite so the no they can't bring a guest 1
  • Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our RSVP is all online so when they go to RSVP it will only ask for the number of guests we are inviting. If we are giving them a plus one it will prompt them to RSVP for the plus one after the initial guest gives their response but if we aren't allowing them an extra guest it will close the RSVP window once they have selected their choice. This way we can always open them up for a +1 later if other guests cannot make it but this should be enough of a message for them to understand if they a +1 or not

• Ap2017
    Super September 2017 Ontario
    Ap2017 ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would say address the invite to exactly who is invited. Generally if there is no "and Guest" option, people know they have been invited on their own. Some will try to pencil in a guest, but then you just give them a call and let them know that they've been invited solo. As far as kids go, we put right on our invitations that it was an adult only event. Most people tend to ask ahead of when invitations even go out, since adult weddings are becoming pretty common now.

• Maegan
    Super July 2018 British Columbia
    Maegan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    This is what we used on our invites sent put 2 days ago... I am interested to see how well it works though. So far weve already had 1 person rsvp a plus one that wasnt invited.
  • M
    Expert July 2018 Alberta
    Marina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Has anyone tried to do this on the wedding wire website? For instance we want to invite A plus guest, but we are not sure how to do this online.
  • N
    Nadine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I also read an article about doing a second inside envelope that is addressed to the invitees.
  • N
    Nadine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thanks I like both ideas thank you. I just didn't want to come off being rude to our guests. I like the __ of 2 looks reasonable and polite.
  • H
    Frequent user June 2019 Ontario
    Hj ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Usually you list the names on the invite of the people who are invited. So if Mary and Anne have a teenager, Julie, but you only want to invite the couple, you would address the invite to Mary and Anne. If you wanted to extend the invite to Julie, you would address it to Mary, Ann, and Julie. If you wanted to give Julie the option of bringing a date, you would address it to Mary and Anne, Julie and guest. Most people will understand that if no guest is listed or if their children are not on the invite, they aren't to bring them.

Does that make sense?
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

What I was told by a few people already married, is on the RSVP card have it filled out for them. For example, one friend did "__ of 2 people will be attending" for couples with children. Or, another friend had check boxes with the names, listing the options. So, "couple are attending", "couple are not attending", "A is coming, B is not", B is coming A is not." It was a lot of work though, to do that for every RSVP.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics