Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Melissa
Beginner June 2017 Ontario

How to ask to be in our wedding party.

Melissa, on January 8, 2017 at 14:35 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 28
Anyone have cute diy suggestions on asking people to be in our wedding party. Want something we can diy but personal still. Thanks for suggestions.

28 Comments

Latest activity by Jennifer, on February 11, 2017 at 04:28
  • Jennifer
    Curious September 2017 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Pinterest definitely helped haha
  • Jennifer
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thank you! Smiley smile
  • Laura
    Super September 2017 Alberta
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

That is so cute! Smiley heart

• Laura
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Those are awesome! Great idea!

• Laura
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

That is awesome! Your bridesmaids must feel very special! And at a great price! Smiley heart

• Valerie
    VIP April 2017 Ontario
    Valerie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Haha I knew it was a thing... it's just not a thing I planned on doing. I'm going bigger for their BM presents!! I don't feel remotely guilty about it!!

• Valerie
    VIP April 2017 Ontario
    Valerie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

HAHA that's similar to my situation, I was just talking about stuff and someone else ask who my MOH was and I was like oh Teresa is... I'm confident I hadn't directly told her before that. She knew! I did find it funny that my mom told me that my sister didn't want to be MOH so I was "allowed" to pick my friend (which was already my plan and I had no intention of asking my sister to be MOH... BM yes, MOH no). I decided to pick my battles and just say, "oh ok"

• Talisa
    Beginner September 2018 British Columbia
    Talisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hey Melissa,

I bought all of these items at the dollar store, and i did some clip art work for the inside of the lid.

each box cost me 9 dollars Smiley laugh

Happy Planning!

giftbox

• Laura
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

lol my maid of honour wants to throw me a bridal shower in my hometown and was asking if that was okay since she didn't want to step on anyone's toes. Apparently I hadn't told her she was MOH..but really we have been friends since we were 12 (33 years) who else was I going to have as my MOH...she assumed it would be my sister in law who is the other bridesmaid who has been in the family for 15 years. But as I told her, she knows where all the proverbial bodies are buried, my SIL is unaware there are any bodies lol So via text I gave her the details she was asking about and said hey want to be the MOH...

FH still hasn't asked one of his brothers to be a groomsman. He finally asked the one when one of his sisters asked who was in our wedding party at Christmas..."So who is in your wedding party" "hey Howard!" "Yeah?" "you're a groomsman you have to wear a suit" Then there was some confusion and Howard's wife explained to him that he was now in the wedding party.

We are all about the formal and cutsie over here. NOT! lol

• L
    Expert August 2018 Ontario
    Linzer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I did the same with my MOH. I didn't even realize it was a thing to propose to your wedding party. I felt guilty so I got her that cute mug I posted before.
  • Valerie
    VIP April 2017 Ontario
    Valerie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Nope! I just asked my BM'S... FH'S I was just taking about the wedding and was just like... well obviously you're a BM!
  • Laura
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am lame and went with ...Hey want to be in the wedding party?

• Jennifer
    Frequent user August 2017 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I did picture puzzles that asked the will you be my miad of honour or bridesmaid depending on which girl.

Some of the pictures i used were a will. bee, maid, a finger pointing at the person, a bride, a medal etc.

I just cut each picture out and mixed the pictures up and made them figure out their sentences.

• Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

That's so amazing Jenn! I can't wait to see a picture! Smiley love How is it like? You can share it with us in this private group in the community: Brides of 2017! Show off your dress! How are the dresses you got for your bridesmaids? Smiley smile

• Lisa
    VIP May 2018 Ontario
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Great job! They are so cute!
  • Jennifer
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    When we did the bridesmaid dress shopping we did wedding dress at the same time and found my dress!
  • Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Awww! That's such a great way to stay in touch! It must be so amazing that you're all going to be together in this! Smiley heart Do you think you'll be able to go dress shopping all together?

• Jennifer
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thanks! I loved making them and was so excited for the girls to get them
  • Chelsea
    Master August 2017 Ontario
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I absolutely love this!!!! Wish I had thought of this!

• Jennifer
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Yah, Judy once though but we think we found a dress. However when I went, only two other girls were able to go but I sent a picture to everyone and they all seem to like it! With me being in new Brunswick and them being in Ontario, it makes things interesting.
  • Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Welcome to the community Jenn! I love the idea! Smiley heart It must have been so much fun to make them thinking about your best friends ! Smiley catface Have you already started shopping for bridesmaids dresses together?

• Jennifer
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I made bridesmaid proposal boxes which included a little bottle of champagne, body wash, a candle, and a ring pop with a letter in it. All my girls loved them!

I made bridesmaid proposal boxes which included a little bottle of champagne, body wash, a candle, a

• Brittany
    Frequent user October 2017 Ontario
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I did little boxes with ring pops inside! I popped the question!

How to ask to be in our wedding party. - 1
  • Melissa
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thank you so much
  • Melissa
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    This is a great idea thank you. I may do this and try to find journals in our wedding colours.
  • Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Melissa! Welcome to the community! Smiley heart

It's so sweet of you to do something special for your bridesmaids! I love the ideas Valerie and Corina suggested for you! You can also take a look at these discussions for more ideas:

Bridesmaid proposal

How did you propose to your bridesmaids?

5 groomsmen proposal ideas

What did you have in mind? Will you all gather them together and "propose"? Smiley smile

• Corina
    Frequent user March 2018 Ontario
    Corina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hey Melissa Smiley smile

I went to indigo and bought cute journals (different ones for each girl) and wrote a note in the first page! I liked this because I was able to give them something they can use and was able to tell them how much they mean to me and why I want them to stand up with me in my note ( and i think it is more likely that they keep that than just a card! goodluck and have fun!! Smiley smile

• Valerie
    VIP April 2017 Ontario
    Valerie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hey Melissa, welcome to the community!

I personally just asked my girls but there was just a post about this a few weeks ago and it had some really great ideas 5 + 1 awesome will you be my bridesmaid ideas (number 3 was my personal favourtie)

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics