Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Jessica
Frequent user September 2018 Ontario

How much time before the wedding.

Jessica, on May 29, 2018 at 10:55 Posted in Before the wedding 0 36

I am only currently booking the Thursday and Friday off before my wedding. Some people say that is crazy and I should be taking off most of the week before if not all of it ? Are you guys taking the week of your wedding off or just a couple days? just one day ?

36 Comments

Latest activity by Sydney, on June 8, 2018 at 15:42
  • Sydney
    Expert August 2018 Ontario
    Sydney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm only taking the Friday off (our wedding is on the Saturday). It's hard getting time off, and we've already spent enough money on everything! Plus, this will force me to have everything done by then!

• Kaye
    Frequent user September 2018 Ontario
    Kaye ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I have to move to a new country the same week as my wedding. My contract goes until the day before the wedding but should i put in my 2 weeks notice 2 weeks before the wedding? I got this job contravt after the wedding date was set and had to take it to make money for the wedding
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm taking the week before my wedding. But, I plan to have everything done by then anyway, so it will just be a week of relaxing!

• B
    Devoted September 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Not sure yet. I know my supervisor is taking the week off for sure
  • Kay
    Devoted September 2018 Nova Scotia
    Kay ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am only taking two days off (the Thursday and Friday before). I feel this will be enough time. We are taking our honeymoon the next weekend, so I'm taking another few days off of work the following week as well.

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I took 10 days off before and for the weekend of the wedding. I had all preparations assorted by bags, outfits and suits put in garment bags with all accessories needed. Henna lady my hands and feet 2 days prio to the guests arriving to the venue.

Welcome bag items bought and put together and water for the last minute add on.

Checklists all completeda and ready.
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I plan to take the week off before the wedding. I know myself and I know I'll need the time to just take it easy and catch up on any last minute details.

• Naomi
    Curious September 2018 British Columbia
    Naomi ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I might work a couple of short afternoon shifts in the week before the wedding, but I'm pretty much planning on taking the whole week off (but I'm self employed and work part time for my fiancé's dad, so it's not that difficult to arrange for time off). I'm pretty much doing all the wedding planning and decorating by myself so I'll definitely need that extra time last minute.

• Marcia
    Super August 2018 Manitoba
    Marcia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think two days should be good, if you managed to get almost everything done for your wedding day Smiley smile.

• Marie-Claire
    Devoted August 2018 Quebec
    Marie-Claire ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm only taking the Friday off. I plan to have everything finalized before that, but we need the day to travel to the city where the wedding is taking place.

• Emily
    Devoted November 2018 Ontario
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    If you're organized ahead of time, 2 days before shoud be good. My fiance took the week before off, as well as the week after our honeymoon. I think he just wanted a nice long vacation, but it will be really helpful having him around Smiley smile
  • Jane
    Frequent user July 2018 British Columbia
    Jane ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm taking a full week before and 3 days after. We have family coming in from out of town. So my partner and I are hoping to spend as much time relaxing with them before the big day!
  • Kaisha
    Super March 2019 Nova Scotia
    Kaisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I didnt plan on taking any time off as i only work until 3pm each day but people say I'm crazy. I make book one day off.
  • Tyanna
    Super June 2019 British Columbia
    Tyanna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm taking the full week off. Partly so I can visit with family and friends travelling up from AB and SK but also so I can try to minimize stress if possible! I'll have lots of help the week prior to the wedding so I'm hoping I can enjoy myself but I think any less time would be too stressful for me!
  • Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm taking off from June 2nd until the 13th. I wanted the week before the wedding to decompress. I'm a nurse and take a lot of stuff home with me if things don't go well.

• Courtney
    Super July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm only taking the day off before the wedding, so you'll be fine!!

I didn't want too much time off as I thought I would just drive myself crazy. Plus my plan is to have almost everything done well in advance and only a few little things to do the week of.

• Catherine
    Frequent user June 2018 Ontario
    Catherine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My wedding is in two and a half weeks and I’m only taking the Thursday and Friday off as well (the Thursday only so I can hang out with family from out of town). Almost everything will be ready by that last week, so I suspect that it shouldn’t take too much time to set up.
  • Jennifer
    Super July 2019 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm doing at least the wed/thurs/fri. 1 will depend on how much left I have to do. the other depends on when my MOH comes (she lives in the states). if she is there all week. I'm taking all week off! haha

it helps that we are probably not doing a honeymoon right away, so I don't have to worry about my vaca days.

• Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm also only booking Thurs/Friday... and I'll need to get my lashes, mani, pedi, tanning all done in one day... plus last minute details, organizing, pick-ups, out-of-town guest greetings, rehearsal, etc....

It's going to be a lot... but I'm taking a 2 week honeymoon directly from the wedding so I can't miss any more time at work.

I'll probably do earlier days/leaving early, the week of the wedding.... but mostly I'll be delegating to as many family/friends as I can.

• Erin
    Super September 2019 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I plan on having pretty much everything done well ahead of time with very little last-minute stuff to worry about, so I will most likely only take two or three days off beforehand as well. I wanna save those vacation days for the honeymoon!

• Andie
    Expert May 2019 Ontario
    Andie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m also thinking about only booking 2-3 days off beforehand too! My boss took a week off before her wedding but she said it was too much, especially if you have a lot of stuff done before!
  • April
    Frequent user September 2018 Saskatchewan
    April ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I am just taking the Friday before off. And then a week afterwords to visit with family and go on our minimoon.
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I took 3 days off before our wedding so that I had time to finish all my tasks here at home and then 2 days to drive to where our wedding took place and set up before the actual wedding.

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

As much as my wedding is over a year away - I plan on booking just the Thursday/Friday off for my Saturday wedding. I think that as long as everything is planned there shouldn't be any running around that you would need to do - so you should be safe. If anything take the Monday off just to stay at home as a married couple without the chaos from the wedding tear down and family overload haha

• Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Though nothing has been decided yet, we were thinking of flying in on the Tuesday or Wednesday before our wedding, which is on a Saturday, and fly out the next Tuesday or Wednesday. I think that would allow us enough time to prep before the big day, and wrap things up after the wedding.

• Jocelyn
    Expert August 2018 Ontario
    Jocelyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Im taking time off from August 3-26. i don't know about my FH at the moment.
  • Karen
    Curious July 2018 Alberta
    Karen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My fiance is taking the Thursday and Friday then Monday after the wedding just in case he needs time to recover lol.honestly it's ur decision how much time you want to take off
  • Alexandra
    VIP November 2019 British Columbia
    Alexandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Definitely just a couple of days. I work in a warehouse and I get married the week before Black Friday in 2019 so I know that’s going to be a crazy week while we ship stuff to stores for both Black Friday and the rest of Christmas. I’m going to struggle to get those few days off as it is.
  • Peggy
    Super May 2019 Alberta
    Peggy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I was only planning on taking the Friday off before our Saturday wedding, but am considering also taking the Thursday off for a pedicure and manicure, and to prep everything to go to the hall.

A full week off would drive me bonkers!

• Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We have to travel from BC to Ontario for our wedding. There is a 3 hour difference so we will definitely want to be there early enough to get used to that a bit plus lot of time to make sure everything is in order. We plan to fly out on the Monday (wedding on the Saturday) and return about a week and a half to two weeks later. So we also get lots of time to catch up with friends and family.
  • Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Mine is the week after Thanksgiving and we have to travel from Thunder Bay to London ON so we'll be leaving either Friday evening or Saturday morning (depends on if we fly or drive down) and have a week in London before hand. Our honeymoon will be two weeks following the wedding.

• Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We're lucky! Our wedding is the weekend after the May 2-4 weekend so the Monday before the wedding (which is on friday) is already a holiday. Instead of just taking Tuesday off I'll be taking the full week off to pamper myself~

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics