Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Renee
Devoted October 2018 Ontario

How much is too much?

Renee, on March 6, 2018 at 21:46 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 21
I have a question ladies! How much is too much wedding talk? Lately I feel like I just eat, drink and sleep wedding! I'm about 7 months out which is the usual crunch time for booking vendors. I have a few important ones to go and I find myself just messaging my planner all day or talking to my MOH, mom, fiance everyone about wedding details! I've been trying to hammer things out early so that I could enjoy spring and summer free of wedding talks. So, is it just me? How often have you talked about the wedding? Weekly? Every other day? Hourly? Lol

21 Comments

Latest activity by April, on March 9, 2018 at 11:04
  • April
    Frequent user September 2018 Saskatchewan
    April ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I try to make sure it’s not the only thing I talk about. A few of my super close friends got engaged so we all talk wedding together so this way we don’t annoy our other friends. I just think if tables were turned I wouldn’t want to hear only wedding talk.
  • Jessica
    Frequent user September 2018 Ontario
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I find i talk about it alot in spurts. I will go a week with that being the only thing i talk about, and i think i do it so much that i get overwhelmed and completely avoid it for the next week !

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I talked about it a lot because we had to plan everything pretty quickly as we were only engaged for 9 months. It seems that wedding talk ebbs and flows. I don't think my mu or husband ever got annoyed with me but there were times where I told my husband that I wasn't allowed to talk about the wedding so that I could decompress a bit.

• Cherry
    Devoted October 2019 Quebec
    Cherry ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It was exciting time for sure. I did lots of talking and exchanging information with few colleagues who are also planning their weddings this year and next. But after couple of months, the talk toning down a bit. I think that's natural, cause in the beginning there are many questions, options and vendors to choose from. But once they are booked and you know exactly what you want, the conversation is scaling down. I didn't talk much bout the details wedding planning and vendors with my Fiance cause he leaves all to me to manage, which I like it that way.

• Courtney
    Super July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm sure my FH is sick of hearing about the wedding, as is my mom as I talk to them about it a lot. I have a hard time switching off as I really enjoy planning things.

However, almost all my stuff is booked/sorted so its just crossing the Ts and doting the is.

Just make sure you're paying attention to how people are reacting to you talking about it!

• Jessica
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I live in a pretty remote location, and not near any family, so I found myself talking about it only when I'm home (Christmas and some of the summer). The rest of the time, I've only talked about it when someone brings it up, and otherwise, I just bother my fiance about it.

I realize I am in a unique situation, otherwise I think I would talk about it more!

• Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I feel like we were talking wedding a lot at that time too. It sort of died down for a few months after that until just recently as we have been making a lot of appointments to meet with our vendors about different things. We are 3 months out. I'm not sure if you ever really stop talking wedding while planning lol at least that's how it seems to me.

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I do the same thing! Most of my friends are single/have their own lives that I don’t want to exhaust them. That’s why I come here on the daily lol
  • Lynnie
    WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina
    Lynnie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Well here in the community there's no such thing as too much wedding talk!! Smiley tongue Smiley shame

I definitely used the community to satisfy my wedding-obsessed urges and limit how much I was bugging others!

• Candice
    Curious October 2018 Alberta
    Candice ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Oh Good! I'm not the only one! My Wedding is 8 months out and all I do is talk about it. I text my MOH all day long it seems and my Finance is tired of hearing about it! I think I have most of the decor decided on.... but I'm sure I forgot something!

• Renee
    Devoted October 2018 Ontario
    Renee ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Honestly, all these responses have been great! I was beginning to feel crazy but as many of you ladies said, this is a big life event and you will be excited to talk about it! I will however try my best to keep it between my planner and I because I can also see how it may begin to annoy others when it's all you talk about lol I can't help it!
  • Karen
    Curious July 2018 Alberta
    Karen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I've got 4 months today til I get married and I'm finding myself in the same boat as you. As you get closer and closer to the wedding I don't think there is anyway to reframe from wedding talk, there's always going to be something popping up in your head. Or at least that's how I'm finding it
  • Ashleigh
    Devoted August 2018 Ontario
    Ashleigh ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I try to be mindful of limiting wedding talk but also finding a balance of sharing things with my wedding party. I should probably be a bit more open, but I don't want to annoy anyone. We recently decided to stop discussing wedding details with certain family members because they only had negative things to say, things have been a lot less stressful since making that change 😐😆
  • M
    Curious August 2018 Manitoba
    Modupe ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Mine is 6 months away and I started talking abt it two months ago. Trust me I talk abt my wedding every day lol. Bt taking one month break from it now coz I think I got 80% of my wedding things done. It's hard not to talk abt ur wedding it's ur big day.
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I talk wedding almost every day. Wedding planning is only temporarily and it’s an exciting time so talk as much as you want! But, if you notice a glazed expression on friends or family’s faces, they may be wedding-talked out! There are a couple friends I am waiting for them to ask how it’s going because they are not as interested as me in talking about it (which is understandable)

• Ashley
    Frequent user August 2018 British Columbia
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I sometimes talk about the wedding daily. Wether it be to my MIL or my coworkers.
  • Jennifer
    Super August 2018 Alberta
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I was just saying to my massage therapist today how I feel like I’m wedding obsessed! Lol I just can’t help it there’s so much to do and so many details to work out. I talk about it with my fiancé all the time sometimes daily and my MOH lots as well. I find I go hard with wedding planning for a few days or longer and then take some time off and repeat. I’m 5 months out. I feel like it’s just going to be like this until the wedding day lol 😅
  • Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We still have a year and 3 months to go so we aren't in a planning rush at the moment. As well we have a few big things happening in our life, we are moving across the country next week. So we haven't had much wedding talk time, but the second someone asks me something about the wedding I can't shut up. I don't care how much people mention their wedding and talk about it because it's super exciting and we have every right to go on non stop about it!
  • Michelle
    Super September 2018 Alberta
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

With groom's side almost weekly, my side never (they don't seem to care)

Friends/co-workers it's every now and again. I find it depends on the person, for those you don't want to invite I would avoid wedding talk completely.

• Cathrine
    Devoted April 2018 Ontario
    Cathrine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Yeah I bring it up all the time. I’m currently trying to be a bit mindful of it, limit it a bit but I just keep telling people I’m getting married or some how work it into the conversation. It’s kind of like a sickness but I figure, only happening once so I will enjoy it and the spotlight.
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m literally talking about my wedding, my friends wedding, and wedding stuff in general all the time. Can’t help it. I try to limit it to those who are involved/interested in it though as to not annoy my friends lol.

It’s a major life event so it’s okay to be excited and want to talk about it all the time!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics