Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Emilie
Featured Quebec

How much did you pay your wedding dress?

Emilie, on December 8, 2016 at 12:05 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 24

Hey lovely brides Smiley heart

Dress prices can vary quite a bit Smiley xd

How much did you spend on yours?

How much did you spend on your wedding dress?

24 Comments

Latest activity by Stacey Tc, on November 14, 2021 at 18:04
  • Stacey Tc
    Devoted August 2022 Saskatchewan
    Stacey Tc ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The dress came to $519. Still not sure how much dying and alterations will come to, but I budgeted $1200 for the dress (without alterations) so I'm doing well!

• Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I budgeted for no more than $4000 and spend $2500 and will probably have another $400-500 of alterations done.

• Darlene
    Curious September 2021 Ontario
    Darlene ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I spent $3000. My mom paid for half. My alterations were $500. I only wanted to spend $1500 total. Oops
  • Tammy
    Newbie September 2022 Ontario
    Tammy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I budgeted $1000 for mine but was willing to pay a little more for a dress I love and feel comfortable in. So, I ended up paying $1250 (taxes in).
  • Terry
    Frequent user May 2017 Quebec
    Terry ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I really didn't want to pay to much for my dress . I found mine for 225$ and I am really happy
  • Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

That sounds gorgeous Christy!! Smiley love Welcome to the community! You got it for such a good price! I can't wait to see pictures! Will you wear a veil with your dress?

• Kylie
    Frequent user September 2017 Manitoba
    Kylie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I payed a total of 400 for mine
  • Samtam
    VIP November 2016 British Columbia
    Samtam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Mine was just under $2000 (US) with alterations. My mom very generouly paid for my dress! I ended up renting a veil for $60 CAD and I was so glad I did because I forgot to wear it to the ceremony! I would have been so upset if I'd bought it! (But it worked out better for pictures because my hair was GORGEOUS and it would have blocked it.)

• Valerie
    Frequent user July 2017 Ontario
    Valerie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Mine was 1100$ and there was a special don't pay the tax.
  • Katherine
    Super September 2017 New Brunswick
    Katherine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My budget is $700 I'm torn between a $400 off rack clearance dress (reg 1100) and a $550 custom dress from China.
  • Christy
    Newbie July 2017 Alberta
    Christy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I bought secondhand too! $500 for an ivory lace trumpet gown... easily 3x that in stores, and I think it's beautifful!

• Lisa
    VIP May 2018 Ontario
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I budgeted 3k with everything but I hope to come out way below that! Here's hoping!
  • Brenda
    Expert April 2018 Ontario
    Brenda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Haven't purchased mine as of yet but my daughter is coming down this xmas and we will be dress hunting. I want to check out Savvy Bridal and there are a few dress sales in the new year. Traveling bridal dress sales are out around the Toronto Barrie Newmarket area.
  • Valerie
    VIP April 2017 Ontario
    Valerie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I got mine at Best for Bride in North York and they were amazing! The dress was under $2000 (as my budget was $2000 with alterations as well), and they threw in the veil for free!

• Chelsea
    Master August 2017 Ontario
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My dress was origally $1200 but my friend got me a discount because she knew the owner so after taxes it was $1130 I think! I still need alterations done and to purchase my veil!
  • Chelsea
    Master August 2017 Ontario
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    One love one dream bridal in Courtice !
  • Natasha
    VIP August 2017 Ontario
    Natasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I had a bad experience here in london at the Sophies ... I dont know if there is a Nicholas and Elizabeth bridal where you are but that is where I found my dress and they were amazing there

• Cassandra
    Devoted September 2017 Ontario
    Cassandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My mom purchased mine Smiley smile I believe it was just over $2000. This does not include any alterations that may be done, the veil, or the belt that I want added.

• Tiffany
    Frequent user September 2017 Ontario
    Tiffany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Do you girls have an suggestions on price reasonable Bridal Shops in the GTA area?

I just went to Sophie's Bridal in Mississauga, which I liked but I'm hoping for some feedback. Some of my friends recommend Felicia Bridal or Kleinfeld.

I set my budget for $2,000 (incl. alterations)... but of course, my ideal is spending no more than $1,500.

Thanks!

• Jknbhjbb
    Frequent user July 2017 Ontario
    Jknbhjbb ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I believe mine came to about $1900 without alterations. This will take place at a much later date.

I did however get my veil off evay for $25.00!

• Simone
    Master August 2017 Manitoba
    Simone ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    For me, mom my purchased the dress and veil which cost under $600.00 in total. Smiley smile
  • Laura
    Super September 2017 Alberta
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Mine will be 2049 with taxes, but I still have $1000 budgeted for alterations.

• Natasha
    VIP August 2017 Ontario
    Natasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Mine cost $1300 with taxes.. I still need to do alterations when it comes in ...

• Cheryl
    Expert December 2017 British Columbia
    Cheryl ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I got mine used...without alterations it's $20! I still have to alter and change it and then I'll see just how much it really costs

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics