Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Jessica
Frequent user September 2018 Ontario

How much booze is enough booze ?

Jessica, on January 29, 2018 at 12:23 Posted in Wedding reception 0 10

Hey ladies,

So my fiance and i have a general idea of how much we are going to be spending on alcohol for the wedding reception, but i am curious to know how much everyone else is planning on spending or did spend on theirs! We are going to do an open bar for about 120 people, i would even add that 75% of the people coming ( mostly our friends) are heavy drinkers - is there a certain dollar amount we should budget for ?

10 Comments

Latest activity by Jen, on January 31, 2018 at 15:39
  • Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

This was a big thing we talked about for a long time. We decided to cover the cost of the alcohol that is used during cocktail hour and then guests are to cover themselves at dinner. We aren't big drinkers and really didn't want to spend $2000 on alcohol.

• Samantha
    Frequent user May 2019 Ontario
    Samantha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We have 95 and are budgeting $1500 and probably telling the bar to cap it at that. The issue with open bar is a lot of people take advantage of it. At my fiance’s Brother’s wedding, their other brother and his fiancé both drank about $350 worth. The gift they gave didn’t even cover their drink consumption, let alone their $65 dinner plates.
    This way, we are having an open bar, but aren’t allowing people to take advantage of it/us
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    They should just buy more than they need and return what they don’t use. That seems like the safe bet tbh
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yes that's correct they do.

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I’m pretty sure LCBO takes returns too on unconsumed alcohol so there’s that too.
  • Carol
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Carol ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Lol great idea for the next day!

• Carol
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Carol ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Thankfully we didn't have to worry to much with this, we are having an open bar for 160 after we subtract the kids and young adults, with our venue its included in the price of the meal, and we don't have to worry about stocking it.

• Maegan
    Super July 2018 British Columbia
    Maegan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I am also at a loss of how much booze is The right amount.

W e are like looking at getting 150L of beer (3 kegs) and i have about 12 cases of wine put away for the wedding.
    We are expecting about 150 guests that are drinking age.
    The wine i will just keep for myself if it doesnt get drank and i think if we have left over beer we will just have an afterparty the next day for any family still in town to finish it off haha.
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My friend said they averaged one drink an hour per person and ended up returning about half of it. He spent almost $2000 originally on wine, beer, cider, and other liquors and juice/pop to mix with it. That was for 150 people.

We are planning on spending about $1000 total for 120 people. I am not too concerned if we run out though.

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You can go to your local LCBO and ask them to help you calculate how much alcohol you will need and that should give you a rough idea of how much you'll be spending. If I remember correctly they may even give you units of mix (OJ, soda etc) to look at as well.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics