Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Lynnie
WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina

How many hours of wedding photography coverage?

Lynnie, on December 20, 2018 at 12:47 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 19

How many hours photography do you have booked? Was your photographer's package enough coverage for you, or did you add-on extra hours? How many hours of photography coverage will you have on your wedding day? 🕒

How many hours of wedding photography coverage? 1

Photo from Rick van der Valk Photography in Barrie, ON

For more posts about photography, check out: Will you have a second shooter? , What's in your photography package?, and Show off your favourite engagement photo!

19 Comments

Latest activity by Bianca, on January 8, 2019 at 05:23
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

8 hours. We also have a second photographer for 4 of those 8 hours.

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We did 10 hours, from 11am to 9 pm so some of the getting ready and into the reception. I actually love all the dancing photos!

• Samantha
    Curious June 2019 Ontario
    Samantha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We have 8 hours booked, starting at end of getting ready to somewhere near end of night !
  • Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We have 8 hours booked, but can always ask her to stay longer if needed.

• Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think we only selected 7 or 8 originally, but she knows its a full day, so we'll add hours if necessary (probably will be)... she's not coming to me (getting ready photos) til about noon-ish, and our dances/speeches/dinner/cake cutting will all be done by about 8.30... So it may end up being maybe 9 or 10 hours, but no longer.

• Kaisha
    Super March 2019 Nova Scotia
    Kaisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our photographer will do full day coverage. I originally was only looking for 6-8 hours but our photographer only does full day packages.

• Chelsea
    Super June 2020 Alberta
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We’ve booked a full day with two photographers!
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We’re doing 10 hours with the option to do more on the day, if required. We’re having 2 shooters.
  • Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    12 hours!! I'm stoked! The timelines look great we should be able to get a bunch of everything!
  • Rekramer
    Expert November 2018 Ontario
    Rekramer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We booked a full day of coverage with 2 photographers. Definitely worth it, we got over 1,000 photos back! They arrived at about 12 and stayed with us till about 10 pm. They did a great job, although I wish they had arrived a little earlier, as we have no "getting ready" photos with the bridesmaids as a group.

• Jennifer
    Super July 2019 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am fortunate that there is no time limit with my photographer. She is a good friend of mine (if she didn't do the photos, she would still be at my wedding). but even the other photographer I was looking didn't limit the time.

her 2nd shooter will go to the guys place as they are getting ready, and she comes to us ladies. so sometimes around noon-1pm (we haven't figured this part out). she doesn't charge extra to go to other locations. and she said she will not have any drinks until after speeches/important reception stuff is done. but she said after that she is having drinks and will still keep shooting photos. I expect some fun ones from that!

• Michelle
    Expert April 2019 Alberta
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We will be having around 8 hours! Though our photographer is friends with my mom and knows some of my family, so she said she may stay later to visit! And take more photos.

• Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We have booked 8 hours. They will come at the end of our getting ready, and then stay through until the party starts.

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My photographer is a friend that I made at work over 2 years ago so she is willing to take pictures as long as I need! How we pay is up to us as she keeps insisting that she doesn't need to get paid ("it's only her second wedding she's photographed" is her excuse). So really the plan is to have her from when we start getting ready at 10ish till after the speeches at 6:30/7 but she will have her camera's on her in case she see's something worth capturing. All in all there will be at least 9 hours worth of pictures.

• Gina
    Super April 2019 Alberta
    Gina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    All day. It’s a destination wedding, so the photographer has to travel to do our wedding. Because it’s expensive, she gives you a full day
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I had a package and timing was for 11 hours the wedding day. No extra charge paid.

• Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We've booked our photographer for 8 hours of coverage.

• Tyanna
    Super June 2019 British Columbia
    Tyanna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We have 8 hours so far, but may pay for an additional hour or 2 as we want sunset photos, but are getting married on the longest weekend of the year! Our photographer is great too and is willing to work around the schedule however!
  • Peggy
    Super May 2019 Alberta
    Peggy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

10 hours - she'll arrive around 10:45 am to get our getting ready pictures, and be done around 8:45 pm, about 30 minutes after the party starts.

She's also become a friend, and will be staying for the party and will likely get a few extra pictures as well.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics