Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Naomi
Curious September 2018 British Columbia

How many extra invitations?

Naomi, on April 8, 2018 at 19:09 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 10
My FH and I finally picked a photo and nailed down the wording for our invites, and I need to order them this week. We currently have 64 households on our guest list, and I’m trying to determine if 75 will be enough or if I should order 80 just to be safe.

10 Comments

Latest activity by Brittany, on April 13, 2018 at 17:45
  • Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

In my opinion, 75 should be enough. That's 64 households, one for yourself to keep, and 10 extra. If you total household count was higher, you'd want more extras, by percentage, but 10 extra is plenty.

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We got about 15 extra since we ordered from VistaPrint and after a certain amount you can only order by the 100.

• Joey
    WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland
    Joey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I ordered at least 10 extra, and the company I ordered from included a few extra for free. It's good to have backups if people lose them, if some get bent or splashed or smudged, and you will probably want some as keepsakes for a shadow box or scrapbook or album, as might your parents/relatives.

• Lyla
    Devoted July 2018 Alberta
    Lyla ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    It may depend who’s writing them out.. my mom did mine and only messed up on 2/50. I would recommend that you play around with the quantity on the sites though. I went with basicinvite.com and they were way cheaper in higher quantities.
  • Courtney
    Super July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We got about 5 extras and that's been great for us. We knew we didn't have anyone else to add/invite so no point in getting tons of extras.

• Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I got 20 extra because I figured I would use one for the scrapbook, and if any get spilled on (we have cats) then it would probably ruin a couple of them, plus extras to hand out or mail out if we choose to
    its totally whatever you think is best
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think 10-12 should be enough extra. I have rarely heard of people needing the extras so I wouldn’t get too many extra.

• Stephanie
    Curious August 2018 Nova Scotia
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I ordered 10 more then I needed, which to me seems like the right amount. It’s whatever you feel comfortable with.
  • Lorraine
    Curious July 2019 Ontario
    Lorraine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Personally, I would get extra and do 80 just in case. You never know! And typically based on experience, there is always more guests than planned. I would rather be safe than sorry. Not unless you can order additional invites later on if needed.
  • Sarah
    Frequent user December 2018 Alberta
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Some of our family members live in the same household but want their own invitation so they get to keep it as a memory as long as those 64 households are all good with only one invitation I believe that 75 would be enough.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics